I 've know a former Australian military member via another forum for over six years now. At one time he was proud of showing pictures of himself while serving and also owned several weapons as a civilian. When the subject of Australia's gun ban came up on the forum (not broached by me) the best he could come up with was "I don't miss them."

Also, to once again show you guys just how tough I am, I was at the Dragon Man's gun range Thanksgiving Day and spotted a live 22 round (long rifle, not a wimpy short) lying on the ground. My first reaction was to throw my body on top of it and yell for everybody to run, but there were two problems with that response. Hitting the ground would hurt, and getting up would be harder than it used to be. Throwing caution to the wind, I instead reached down, picked it up, and bent the bullet out of the casing. Having disarmed it, I poured out the powder and threw the disarmed remains into the trash can. I realize I acted rashly and put my life at risk to protect others, but that's how I am. My only regret was that I wasn't in England where I probably would have received a medal at the very least.

Tim,

The rest of us sleep peaceably in our beds because men like you willingly put themselves in harms way. How do I even begin to say thank you? Words seem so inadequate. Anyway, Thank God you made it out of that hellhole alive. And remember, there are resources available to help you deal with the emotional and psychological aftermath of these traumatic near-death events. Don't be afraid to reach out. We're here for you.

• Like 5

Here's an exerpt from a member on another forum in regards to semi-auto firearms:

" You'll never get semi auto's back.

People who actually need them have them e.g. Defence/police/professionals

What does the average joe need one for? If your popping off rounds you ain't gonna hit shit and if you shoot slow enough to hit something, it ain't any faster then a pump or bolt.

If all you wanna do is fire off heaps of rounds fast then your just wasting ammo and money.

If you wanna play with some cool guns go join the army and do something useful a the same time. Otherwise realise countries like the USA are full of wannabe whankers running around with tactica-cool ar's and blowing up shit in the desert.

Whoop-dee-friggin-doo

Tighter gun laws have produced a new generation of accurate shooters restricted to bolt guns that realise it only takes one shot and every shot counts. "

Sadly, this represents the opinion of most gun owners in Australia. If any form of shooting in Australia isn't mandated by the Government ( According to our Australian shooting bretheryn), it shouldn't be allowed - this applies with Airsoft, Semi-Auto's, 2nd Ammendment, etc. All of that is just too American/Pro-Gun. we can't be seen enjoying gun ownership.

I really feel sorry for all people living in this country who would love to come on here and show off there SAIGA's, nuff said.

If bolts and pumps are better than semi-autos, maybe they should be banned too. Makes sense, right? OH, and single shots too. You need to be really accurate with them. VERY dangerous.

No one really NEEDS anything more advanced than a black powder gun, right? Smokeless powder is what the police and millitary use, they are the ones who need it. :D

Also, to once again show you guys just how tough I am, I was at the Dragon Man's gun range Thanksgiving Day and spotted a live 22 round (long rifle, not a wimpy short) lying on the ground. My first reaction was to throw my body on top of it and yell for everybody to run, but there were two problems with that response. Hitting the ground would hurt, and getting up would be harder than it used to be. Throwing caution to the wind, I instead reached down, picked it up, and bent the bullet out of the casing. Having disarmed it, I poured out the powder and threw the disarmed remains into the trash can. I realize I acted rashly and put my life at risk to protect others, but that's how I am. My only regret was that I wasn't in England where I probably would have received a medal at the very least.

Tim,

The rest of us sleep peaceably in our beds because men like you willingly put themselves in harms way. How do I even begin to say thank you? Words seem so inadequate. Anyway, Thank God you made it out of that hellhole alive. And remember, there are resources available to help you deal with the emotional and psychological aftermath of these traumatic near-death events. Don't be afraid to reach out. We're here for you.

I appreciate your thoughts and acknowledgements immensely, DogMan. Most people (resentful, jealous types, I'm sure) unerringly label me as being full of the end product of a male Bos taurus' digestive tract. But as you know, I don't brag on myself. I just state the facts and let my actions speak for themselves.

Another incident worth mention also occurred at the gun range. Upon arrival we were being lectured on the importance of strict adherence to range rules and the importance of following the range officer's instructions to the letter. When the officer finished, I innocently asked if I could bring a six pack of beer down as long as I drank responsibly. Perhaps I shouldn't have queried him on that since it led to another brief tirade on his part along with a promise to "boot my ass" off the range if he even suspected any alcohol was around. I assured him I would leave it in the car until after shooting was finished and we left the premises. That mollified him somewhat but he stated he would keep an eye on me.

About 15 minutes later, I asked an 18 year old in the group to run up to the car and get the bottled water I had wisely brought for the occasion. I had completely forgotten (more or less) that I had put six waters in an empty Blue Moon six pack since I believe in recycling and it would be easier to carry anyway. Proving his diligence, the officer intercepted him and did an inspection before allowing him back on the range. I don't think he connected the six pack container to me and I certainly didn't claim it. I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid.

Anyway, as shooting progressed, both officers became aware that despite initial appearances no one in our group (including me) was an idiot and they focused on other shooters on the range. When we were leaving they both came over and shook our hands stating "We didn't see a single infraction from your group and that's increasingly rare these days."

Don't you just love happy endings?

• Like 1

Sometimes I wish we had RSO's at our local range... Just because of some the idiots that come to it...

I agree. Fortunately, I have the luxury of a private range for the most part. On occasion I have to use the public range because of seasonal flooding and it flip flops from a free for all to basic training, depending if the DNR officer is present or not. Overall, the vast majority of shooters are competent but a certain percentage are clueless and will probably remain so. Live fire on a cold range certainly gets your heart pumping. There was one guy last year teaching his 8 year old to shoot. Problem was, he turned to talk to us and was unaware his kid was hitting the ground 10 feet down range with his bolt action 22. We left.

As to the range officers, they have my sympathy. They never know if you're an idiot or not until they watch you for a while. It doesn't help that I can play the complete moron with a straight face either. I probably shouldn't have antagonized them but it wasn't long before they realized we knew what we were doing and I've always found a bit of humor helps relieve stress.

One final tidbit. They had kicked a guy off the range the day before because he had a loaded pistol stuck down the front of his pants during a cease fire. When we were leaving, I confessed that I had a deadly weapon in my pants too, but everyone was safe because I had a vasectomy done years ago. They got a good laugh at that one. I don't know why, I was being serious.

• 4 months later...
Tighter gun laws have produced a new generation of accurate shooters restricted to bolt guns that realise it only takes one shot and every shot counts. "

Rank Nation Gold Silver Bronze Total

1 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.pngUnited States (USA) 53 29 25 107

22 22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.pngAustralia (AUS) 4 1 5 10

What a poser. Our pre-teen kids learn that lesson when they start hunting. Next generation of slaves he means.

Edited by Stryker0946
  • Like 3
Well Big John my sympathy for the Aussies stops at the phrase "It broke my heart to turn over all those guns".

If they complied they deserved it.

During these times here, it surely doesn't hurt to have a reminder.

This thread was so fucking retarded. I hate it when I see so many compliant dipshits that have no balls, and info in the OP was def. one of these fuckwads. Anyone willing to gamble their freedoms deserves what they get IMO.000.gif

Well Big John my sympathy for the Aussies stops at the phrase "It broke my heart to turn over all those guns".

If they complied they deserved it.

During these times here, it surely doesn't hurt to have a reminder.

No doesnt hurt, I think we spend all our time preaching to the choir, other side is too though having the msm on your side helps.