Interesting MKA pic

I was cruising the internet and found this site...it is the distributor. Anyway what I saw in the pics they had on the home page surprised me...and MKA with and external threaded barrel, supposedly from the factory....Hmmmm?

Take a look and tell me what you see.

www.xnarms.com

Edited by compshootfl

im pretty sure that every where but the US gets MKA's with threaded barrels (and backwords front sightsrolleyes.gif ). even if you look at the box that your mka came in, it will have a picture of one with a flash supressor.

Edited by Haycock

I like the backwards front sight.

It is more aerodynamic that way.

I like the backwards front sight.

It's more aerodynamic that way.what.gifhaha.gifhaha.gif

I didn't even see your post before I made the one prior to this. Great minds....

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Brand new the the forum but I think I can help with this question,Right after Thanksgiving I was heading south to Nashville and decided to take a detour off I-65 to Scottsburg IN.

I was intersted in the 1919 and wanted to see the RAAC facility to see what was up in Southern IN.

The staff there was very cordial and were happy to show me the gun and tell me about it. Saw it taken apart and I even was lucky enough to see a few maxed out guns!

The XN Arms story is that the Turkish Company changed names and if I remember upgraded the plant. I'm sorta vague ont he specifics but do remember the changes were for the good.(ie. quicker changes made to the gun, better Quality Control)

The "new" guns should be out now and the only way to distinguish the difference is by the serial #. The XN Arms gun have XN at the End of the number. The old guns have XN somewhere else in the number. Warranty is the same, everything is the same. It should only make things better in the future.

Me? I'll be picking one up for a self induced Xmas present this year!!!

See Ya around!

D.J.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am so confused.... do I have the newer "XN" model or no?

I just received my MKA last friday. I have been looking into replacement parts and have already received some. I was about to order the handguard but seen it would not work on the XN model...

So the only place I see XN is on the upper receiver after MKA 1919. Not 1 serial number has XN anywhere in it.

Appreciate any help.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="MKAVinny" data-cid="882377" data-time="1364560516"><p>

If you have a XN next to the 1919.It's a XN model</p></blockquote>

Thanks...... Thats what I thought until I seen the serial number comments.