Oh, great! In my neck of the woods, no less!

I've been fighting hell to make people aware that the state of Indiana allows open-carry in public places for years now. I had finally just won a couple of small 2A victories, and now this.

My hope in all of this is that after all the violence of late, someone armed steps up and is in the right place at the right time to put the next one down and save some lives & liberty.

-fingers crossed, gents-

I expect many more copy cat incidences to occur. In the media's effort to shape public opinion against gun ownership, they are also telling every sick person out there here is your avenue for glory. The more it is covered the more it will happen. I personally have turned off the propaganda. I hate the media and the way they only present information that will further their agenda, while information that hurts that agenda goes unreported and ignored. The media is nothing more than a propaganda machine designed to make people too lazy or stupid to think for themselves think a certain way. Fortunately, I and my family are not that stupid, and I have had enough of the attempts to brainwash me.

I've been fighting hell to make people aware that the state of Indiana allows open-carry in public places for years now. I had finally just won a couple of small 2A victories, and now this.

My hope in all of this is that after all the violence of late, someone armed steps up and is in the right place at the right time to put the next one down and save some lives & liberty.

-fingers crossed, gents-

I hope the same thing happens. Infact, I would venture to say it happens more than we realize already. But I doubt that it would ever be reported outside of a blip on a local news or a paragraph on page 24 G in a local paper.

• Like 2

I hope the same thing happens. Infact, I would venture to say it happens more than we realize already. But I doubt that it would ever be reported outside of a blip on a local news or a paragraph on page 24 G in a local paper.

Actually, it does happen quite frequently. I've read numerous small reports (none of which I can remember the specifics of) in which the "bad guy" was taken out before he could do any serious harm.

You are spot-on about the media though. I always thought people were exaggerating when they said the media tries to "brainwash" you. Hell no! It's quite literal!!

When people see me OC'ing, they always ask, "Do you have a permit for that?" It's what they see on TV. My personal favorite is, "That's registered, right?" They have no idea what the laws of this state are. When asked, "What permit might that be and where might I have registered it?" They just stare blankly.

Silly, silly sheeple.

• Like 2

-fingers crossed, gents-

they would never report it. there would be no huge body count. it would be some dumb ass shooting at people and then being shot. the media wont cover something that shows firearms in a posative light.

• Like 1

I expect many more copy cat incidences to occur. In the media's effort to shape public opinion against gun ownership, they are also telling every sick person out there here is your avenue for glory. The more it is covered the more it will happen. I personally have turned off the propaganda. I hate the media and the way they only present information that will further their agenda, while information that hurts that agenda goes unreported and ignored. The media is nothing more than a propaganda machine designed to make people too lazy or stupid to think for themselves think a certain way. Fortunately, I and my family are not that stupid, and I have had enough of the attempts to brainwash me.

Me too. There is no news except this and it all pretty much focuses on how guns are bad and that they need to go. Who knows how long this media circus will go on. A long time me thinks.The anti's are foaming at the mouth over this. The next idiot is saying to himself "look at all the publicity I'll get". The focus should be only on the victims and their memories.

Concerning the moron in the story: he should be arrested and he has proven he should not be allowed to possess firearms.

Edited by U.S Praetorian
  • Like 2

The whole thing could be a vindictive bitch of a wife wanting to wreck a man's life.

Could be. Is this how this will pan out? Anyone that gets pissy with you and know you own guns goes to the cops and fabricates some lie?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least. I know people who have been lawfully carrying a holstered handgun, only to have some jackass call the cops and say, "Oh my god! Help me! There's a man with a gun!" I've even heard rumors of people claiming, "He was waving the gun around and acting threateningly!" When no such behavior was carried out.

People believe what they want to believe. If the media says, "Guns are the source of the problem," the general populace will seek the comfort of a scapegoat.

Laws, restrictions, increased security measures, and fearmongering are not the answer. Education, moral values, human interaction (love thy neighbor), and a bit of logical thought are.

The whole thing could be a vindictive bitch of a wife wanting to wreck a man's life.

Actually I personally know two people that went through this exact scenario. One I work with. Granted he is a jerk that not too many people like, but his firearm collection is legal and he poses no threat to society. His wife called the ATF on him reporting that he had all kinds of illegal weapons while they were in the middle of a divorce. ATF met with him, found no merit, and closed the file.

In another case a close friend of mine who became homeless after his wife left him, had his wife call the IRS to report that he had evaded taxes 5 years after the divorce. He will be doing 5 months in prison beginning in January.

You know what they say about a woman scorned.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least. I know people who have been lawfully carrying a holstered handgun, only to have some jackass call the cops and say, "Oh my god! Help me! There's a man with a gun!"

I took a handgun course last year and the instructor was telling us about a guy who was shot by the police because of this. He was with his family at Home Depot and someone in the store saw him and called the police.

As he was leaving the store, the police drive up and tell him to "freeze" and all that. He complies and as he's raising his hands in the air, his shirt raises revealing the CC gun.

They shot him right there.

I'm not sure where this happened or even if this story is true (can anyone provide a reference?), but that has remained the only reason I don't carry on my person. I just keep it in my bag or car. People are just too skiddish, and I'm much more concerned with those folks than I am any murderer, thief, etc.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least. I know people who have been lawfully carrying a holstered handgun, only to have some jackass call the cops and say, "Oh my god! Help me! There's a man with a gun!"

I took a handgun course last year and the instructor was telling us about a guy who was shot by the police because of this. He was with his family at Home Depot and someone in the store saw him and called the police.

As he was leaving the store, the police drive up and tell him to "freeze" and all that. He complies and as he's raising his hands in the air, his shirt raises revealing the CC gun.

They shot him right there.

I'm not sure where this happened or even if this story is true (can anyone provide a reference?), but that has remained the only reason I don't carry on my person. I just keep it in my bag or car. People are just too skiddish, and I'm much more concerned with those folks than I am any murderer, thief, etc.

I don't have any officially reported cases like that, but I absolutely believe it.

Odd as it may sound, that is why I have begun open-carrying (legal with LTCH in state of IN). People fear that with which they are not accustomed. I was asked to leave a grocery store this past summer because I had my .40 on me. I took it up with management and won. Now when I run into the same supervisor who asked me to leave, there is no apprehension. I am treated with respect by the staff and they, in turn, correct other customers when they get skittish about me.

It is unfortunate that this is rarely the case...

No OC here in Florida unless your on private property, at a range, fishing/hunting or camping but we do have the best CCW license in the nation ours is reciprocated by 35 states it also waves the Florida waiting period when buying a new gun so i can go to pretty much any gunstore and buy any non NFA gun and walk out with it,

sometimes i wish they would allow OC cause i have quite a few pistols id like to carry but they are quite uncomfortable inside the waistband my 1911 in particular likes to cut me up something fierce if i wear it inside the waistband damn all those sharp edges lol

• Like 1