GUYS,

ARCHANGEL IS MAKING A NEW STOCK/10RND MAG FOR THE MOSINS.

THE STOCK IS KINDA FUGLY, BUT IT'S PROBABLY ONE OF THOSE THAT LOOKS THAT WAY, BUT FEELS GREAT, ONCE YOU'RE WRAPPED UP IN IT.

STOCKS SHOULD RETAIL OUT AT $194.00, AND THE 10RND MAGS AT $24.00.

MY MAIN CURIOSITY AT THE MOMENT IS CAN THE 10RND MAG BE FINAGLED AROUND TO WORK WITH THE WOODEN STOCK?

JESS

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="-Indy-" data-cid="851534" data-time="1358873698"><p>

Why wouldnt they??? PSL and SVD mags work JUST FINE! :up:<br />

<br />

<br />

:smoke:</p></blockquote>

Aren't they made by promag? Those are the only mags I have had that didn't function in my Saiga.

• Like 1

Theres another guy making mags, i got a email yesterday from him saying hes looking for someone to do all tje production of his prototype. His works with a unmodified mosin, so you can keep the wood stock on.

Look up mosinmags, he has a old video of it in action.

Theres another guy making mags, i got a email yesterday from him saying hes looking for someone to do all tje production of his prototype. His works with a unmodified mosin, so you can keep the wood stock on.

Look up mosinmags, he has a old video of it in action.

Yeah I got that email too... what a joke. He's been sitting on the idea and promising mags for years and now we find out he obviously never had a good plan. Now he says he'll license his 'patent' and take a 'smaller cut'... rolleyes.gif

If properly executed - a BIG if since it seems ProMag is involved - this could remove two of three of the problems that caused me to give up on Mosins:

1) loading is a pain, and very slow, whether loading one at a time or from stripper clips.

2) many of the rifles' original magazines are compromised and are no longer completely reliable.

Its not a bad idea. I do have a few questions though. Will this stock work with a bent bolt? What scope mounts with work with this? The side mounts on the sniper model does not look like it will fit. I do like timney trigger option. Im not sure how I feel about scraping the orig metal magazine? I would prefer to keep it but I would like to see how the after market magazine works. Anybody have any other thought on this subject? E-mail archangel/pro-mag with your concerns.

2) many of the rifles' original magazines are compromised and are no longer completely reliable.

Are you saying that you broke a Mosin?

Or are you talking about those M27 trench mags I sometimes see floating around?

I'm talking about the integral five round magazines. A goodly number of them don't feed smoothly and reliably.

I'm talking about the integral five round magazines. A goodly number of them don't feed smoothly and reliably.

Mine hiccups fairly regularly. Rounds sometimes nose dive and the magazine disconnector sometimes doesn't release a round... It's actually never occurred to me to try a different magazine assembly

Well I haven't shot two of my mosins yet, but for the couple that I have shot and put some rounds through I've never experienced a problem. So I guess I just got lucky, lemme go get one of those powerball tickets...

Holy shit guys! We spend 7 hundred on a 300 shotgun, have some standards and join me in saying F moisins! Spend another 150 on a swedish k31 or somethin with some character

F you.

I'll buy one the minute you can point to where to buy 7.5 swede for even close to the price of 54r.

Mine hiccups fairly regularly. Rounds sometimes nose dive and the magazine disconnector sometimes doesn't release a round... It's actually never occurred to me to try a different magazine assembly

That pretty much describes what I've seen numerous times, especially the nose-diving. It did help one of the ones I had to replace the magazine springs/floorplate assembly with surplus parts.

Edited by Jim Digriz