This is an ad I just found online. Anybody tell me what's wrong with this picture?

gallery_4831_950_5937.jpg

10.5 Dominator 5.56mm/.223 CQBR AR-15/MK-18

“BRAND NEW” GG&G Dominator 10.5" Barreled Upper Receiver
• Mil-Spec Forged 7075 Aluminum A3 Upper Receiver With Correctly Cut Feed Ramps For Military Type M Barrels. Complete With Forward Assist And Ejection Port Cover.
• Upper Receiver is T-marked
• A2 Back Up Iron Sight With Locking Detent.
• 10.5 Inch Chrome Moly Barrel
• 1-7 Twist Rate And Flash Hider.
• Barrel And Chamber Are Hard-Chrome Lined.
• Mil-Spec Gas Tube And Delta Ring Assembly.
• Flip Up Front Sight With Locking Detent Mechanism, Bayonet Lug And Ambi Sling Swivel.
• The Free Float Model. Fully Equipped With Rails And Foregrip Panels.
• Recoil Cross Slots Of Upper Receiver And Tactical Forearms Are Sequentially Numbered. (T-Marked)
• Aluminum Components Have Been Type III Hard-Coat Anodized Matte Black Per Mil-Spec.
• Steel Components Have Been Manganese Phosphated Matte Black Per Mil-Spec.

“BRAND NEW” Palmetto State Armory Lower Receiver
1. Machined from Aluminum Forgings 7075-T6
2. Hardcoat Anodizing: MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2
3. New brand new Magpul MOE Pistol Grip and MOE Enhanced Trigger Guard
4. Rogers Super Stock "Colt"

Colt Bolt Carrier Group (Only 200 rounds through this BCG)
1. Carrier Group Marked “C”
2. Bolt Marked “MPC”

Comes with one Tango Down 30 round Magazine.

Serious Inquiries Only and The Price is Firm, No Trades!

MUST HAVE ARIZONA DRIVER LICENSE OR CCW AND SIGN FIREARM BILL OF SALE!

I emailed the guy and explained it to him.
Edited by Darth Saigus

"THEY" will not bother to worry about stooping to such low tactics as this just to set someone up! The end justifies the means to them!! Wasn't long ago they swept through Georgia setting up honest gunshops in a sting involving gubmint agents committing felonys just to bust poor old dealers reying to make a living! A POX ON THEM ALL, I SAY!!!!

"THEY" will not bother to worry about stooping to such low tactics as this just to set someone up! The end justifies the means to them!! Wasn't long ago they swept through Georgia setting up honest gunshops in a sting involving gubmint agents committing felonys just to bust poor old dealers trying to make a living! A POX ON THEM ALL, I SAY!!!!

Edited by unclejake

Silly me....here I thought the twist rate was still too slow to stabilize anything through that very short barrel; then next I thought that nobody will sell the owner a decent required can because of the risk of can strikes. Little did I know that the answer was looking at me all the time. SBR. Thank you. Yep.... very good chance, (but still unlikely) that it is a BATFE fishing expedition. HB of CJ (old coot) All NFA rules apply.

What is wrong with this picture is that you are spreading the mistake and increasing the likelyhood that this gentlman is charged and sent away to federal prison for 10 years. What if he has a family? I've already emailed him to let him know his mistake, I should have let him know that you were spreding it around. Think before you act next time.

Edited by RollaJ420
Post a link so i can let people who might not know what they're looking at. This is an important educational tool. Thank you

I agree it's a teachable moment. That's why I copied it here. I won't post a link because that could actually make me an accessory.

Since he ignored my first warning, I emailed him again this morning and gave him the link to the atf/nfa website.

It's one thing to not know the law (with thousands of bullshit laws), but to keep doing it after somebody has told you it's a felony, that's just stupid. And I'm BETTING I'm not the only kind-hearted soul that sent him a friendly warning. The dude is not only ignorant, he's an arrogant idiot.

Or, as mentioned, maybe a "public servant". I doubt it, but it's possible.

Edited by Darth Saigus
What is wrong with this picture is that you are spreading the mistake and increasing the likelyhood that this gentlman is charged and sent away to federal prison for 10 years. What if he has a family? I've already emailed him to let him know his mistake, I should have let him know that you were spreding it around. Think before you act next time.

Thanks for the lecture. Will I be getting credit for this class?

• Like 3
Jail bait.

Considering other rulings by the atf about what is or isn't an nfa weapon, I'm surprised they allow "pistol" uppers that will pop right on a rifle lower. Instant felony, delivered right to your front door by the big brown truck.

Not that I want more laws. I think the nfa is bullshit.

Jail bait.

Considering other rulings by the atf about what is or isn't an nfa weapon, I'm surprised they allow "pistol" uppers that will pop right on a rifle lower. Instant felony, delivered right to your front door by the big brown truck.

I agree. The NFA is bullshit. The shorer barrel length doesnt make a weapon any more lethal. Jus another power and money operation. Fucking bullshit.

What has always boggled me is that AR pistols are legal at all. If you wear enough clothing or develop the right stance, the buffer tube can become a buttstock. Is your heavy winter coat considered constructive intent at that point?

What has always boggled me is that AR pistols are legal at all. If you wear enough clothing or develop the right stance, the buffer tube can become a buttstock. Is your heavy winter coat considered constructive intent at that point?

While on that topic, can someone explain to me why there is even an SBR classification? Why not just register them as pistols? Does the stock REALLY make that big of a difference?

I'm not asking whether or not its bullshit (it is). I would just like to know if there is any logical intent at all in the SBR classification.

• Like 1

The SBR/SBS law was passed at the tail end of prohibition - in fact it was passed AFTER prohibition ended, but was being batted around during the last several years, when organized crime violence was at its height. Gangsters preferred to use SBR/SBS weapons such as the Thompson, BAR, and various modified shortened rifles and shotguns.. These were easily concealed in vehicle or on person, given the prevalence of trench coats and long coats in 1920s/1930s fashion.

The entire point was to make it virtually impossible for the average person to possess a firearm that was simultaneously concealable and capable of precise, controlled, aimed fire. The NFA tax of $200 at the time was prohibitively expensive for the average depression-era American. It was essentially a ban without the ban, in order to evade any potential unconstitutional rulings - sounds very familiar given today's climate.

Why didn't they just make all SBRs pistols? Because then they couldn't have regulated them into virtual nonexistance at the time. That was the entire point. Criminals had no interest in paying the taxes; they just bought them or modified them anyway.

It was a law that should have been repealed when prohibition-backed organized crime evaporated, which more or less happened by the end of the 1930s. But, you may have noticed that government has a far easier time making new laws than it does ridding itself of them.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

BATFE will use plants any time, any where. Just ask Randy Weaver about the little snitches, and he never delivered the sawed off in question(nor never had it to begin with).

We had an old coot that walks around the gun shows here with an AK, with a sign calling it a MAC-90 pre-ban. The $400 price tag was tempting, until I actually looked at it. 3 dimples, and an extra FCG pin. I handed it back to him and giggled under my breath. Later, I saw him getting into the back of an unmarked van and leaving. There were two guys in the front, and he got in the back through the back doors.

Its 10.5" when that round is optimized at 11.5"?

Im gonna build mine into a 11.5" 'firearm' with AFG and rifle-length buffer w/sock.

Its another shitty platform that wishes it was better than an AK?

This one is better than an AK at lots of things. Aks are better than this at lots of things.

Edited by mostholycerebus

Thanks for the lecture. Will I be getting credit for this class?

I'm afraid not, but I accept your thanks anyway. ;)

Jail bait.

I agree. The NFA is bullshit. The shorer barrel length doesnt make a weapon any more lethal. Jus another power and money operation. Fucking bullshit.

Wait 'till you have to register your Title I "assault rifle". Yes, I know ......me neither.

• Like 1