Olympic Arms Tells New York State & Fraternal Order of Police

Well, since the CO bill has passed one step and may be headed for passage, I have to wonder if Kel-Tec is going to adopt this policy? Under their new law (IF it passes), shotguns are limited to 8 rounds, so the KSG would now be illegal in CO.

That is, of course, if Kel-Tec ever ramps up their production to more than 5 per year... (kidding). Several local gun stores I've talked to say that you can't get any Kel-Tek products anywhere, because they're just not being produced very often.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just an FYI, Olympic Arms was THE pioneer in the development of the AR-15 aftermarket. Back in the 80's, you didn't have many choices for parts and guns. It was basically Olympic or Colt. Colt had

Seriously, I think the list of companies that stand up for our (and their) rights should be stickied/pinned(?). Lest we forget.

Well, since the CO bill has passed one step and may be headed for passage, I have to wonder if Kel-Tec is going to adopt this policy? Under their new law (IF it passes), shotguns are limited to 8 rounds, so the KSG would now be illegal in CO.

That is, of course, if Kel-Tec ever ramps up their production to more than 5 per year... (kidding). Several local gun stores I've talked to say that you can't get any Kel-Tek products anywhere, because they're just not being produced very often.

Kel-Tec has had a chronic supply problem that has been going on for many years, long before the current buying frenzy. Before the KSG it was the RFB. My son gave up on it and bought something else. When I think of the Kel-Tec manufacturing facility, I picture all their weapons being made in a plant about the size of a two car garage.

It's strange really. Kel-Tec keeps coming out with some innovative designs yet seems uninterested in selling meaningful numbers of them. I know all the arguments about increasing capacity and then being unable to utilize it but after four or five years I could only look back at all the lost sales if I was affiliated with the company. They recently raised their price on the KSG stating that if the various bans pass they couldn't recoup their investment money before being shut down. Doubling production (and raising distributor costs) would get your investment back a lot quicker. The distributors are already price gouging anyway.

It's unsubstantiated, but I was told Hi-Point does basically the same thing. They have to shut down production of the 995TS carbine in order to produce the 4095TS. Back and forth....

Well you can add double star to the list of arms makers thats regulating their sales to LE/GOV.

http://www.star15.com/

We need all of them to stand together to give them a big, hearty FUCK YOU.

Nice find Captain, and it does my heart good.

However CynicalTim (sorta like Evil Captain Kirk) believes this may actually be a self serving act on the part of the companies involved.

We keep hearing about how there are never enough police around. Given that theorem, wouldn't it be a far better business strategy to solicit sales from the public (otherwise known as civilians to the civilian police force, who apparently must consider themselves at least paramilitary) rather than relying on the shrinking minority of LEOs to sustain their profits? Can I have a 'DUH!'?

The companies so inclined to be on the right side may also realize not all cops are good cops. As long as they are allowed to play with their favorite toys a lot of them are disinclined to allow their employers the same 2nd amendment rights they so lust after. Then again, I suppose every town above 1000 in population does indeed need a bonafide SWAT team at the ready just in case the meter maid or dog catcher gets sick. Regardless, selling 10,000 weapons at or near retail beats the hell out of moving 500 at LEO discounts.

So then, are they standing up for the little guy or instead, their own profit margin? That's really irrelevant to me as long as they have the intestinal fortitude to tell all the overbearing government agencies they have to play by the same rules as us mere civilians.

CyniTim out.

So what are they saying here ? They still believe in the 1994 gun ban ? But no new stuff ?

Am I reading this right ????????????????????

Grand Lodge Response to Olympic Arms Inc.

Recently, Olympic Arms Inc. placed a post on their Facebook page condemning the Grand Lodge for its alleged involvement in the current government attack on “Assault Weapons.” This post has caused alot of questions and concerns within our state and across the Nation on the position of the FOP regarding the current attempts to ban “Assault Weapons.”

Olympic Arms Inc. has always supported law enforcement with its products and services. This article is intended to clear up any misunderstanding or question on the Grand Lodge’s position.

Below is the official response from the National Secretary Pat Yoes:

The information posted on the Olympic Arms Facebook page is inaccurate. We posted a response on their page twice, but they keep removing it.
Below is a response from the Grand Lodge regarding the Olympic Arms misinformation. I hope it clears up any of your concerns.

STATEMENT

It is true that, in August 1993, the delegates assembled at the 51st National Biennial Conference in Louisville, KY adopted Resolution No. 6 on a 1,516 to 1,073 vote. The Resolution called for the Grand Lodge to support H.R. 1472/S. 639, the “Anti-drug Assault Weapons Limitation Act of 1993,” which would prohibit the importation and manufacture of certain military assault weapons. This Resolution is still binding on the Grand Lodge and the National Legislative Program.

However, current proposals, like the ones offered by Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) go well beyond the scope of the 1994 and, as National President Chuck Canterbury stated in the most recent issue of the FOP Journal, it is not a goal of the FOP to support an expansion of the original 1994 statute (which expired in 2004).

It is also true that the FOP has met with Vice President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. as well as a Congressional working group chaired by Representative Michael Thompson (D-CA). The FOP, along with numerous other groups and organizations representing law enforcement, firearms manufactures, gun rights, and others provided feedback on the issues of gun violence and school safety. No specific legislative language was proffered or approved by the Grand Lodge.

It is completely false that the FOP has endorsed any Federal legislation currently pending that would institute a ban on any particular type or style of firearm.

We cannot confirm if any of the officers that appeared with Senator Feinstein at her press conference were members of the FOP, but we can affirmatively deny they were not there to indicate support for the FOP as an organization for any of the legislation she has introduced to date on this topic.

I hope this information helps. Feel free to share this with your members.

Edited by read_the_wall

Edit: I am confused as to what the GL is trying to say either. Maybe it has something to do with them still being bound by laws related to the AWB of 1994?

Further, it appears to indicate that while they haven't personally approved of any language of limitations, it indicates that the 1994 ban was fine, and they are open to further bans. Clearly, its written by a lawyer, and the words never, ever, indicate any reservations about further restrictions. If they never go in that direction, then they are likely for it, in my experience.

Edited by Remek

We are starting to see weapon manufactures stand up like Barrett and Olympic Arms, I believe with their influence something big could happen here! The NRA is great and all but their even there loyalty has been called into question from time to time. Manufactures and the American people have the biggest dog in the fight, and fight it shall be! These aren't just feel good statements being made, these companies all laying everything on the line for our right to bear arms. Like Ted said it's your life and you have the god given right to protect it, America will not follow, Europe or any of the other countries into being disarmed, come get it from our cold dead hands!

Well like this guy said!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Serbu Firearms Refuses to Sell .50 Cal Sniper Rifles to NYPD

serbu-firearms.jpgSerbu Firearms, a manufacturer of bolt-action and semi-automatic .50 caliber sniper rifles, is refusing to sell their wares to the NYPD. Their reason, of course, is that owing to unfair gun laws, they will not support law enforcement in New York.

Serbu is one of almost 150 companies that has officially refused to sell to law enforcement in New York following the passage of the SAFE Act, the controversial gun control package that has been met with scorn by gun owners across the nation.

The company posted the NYPD’s inquiry as well as their refusal to their Facebook page, with names omitted.

Company founder Mark Serbu said, “Unfortunately, we have a policy of selling to state law enforcement agencies only what is allowed to be sold to private citizens in that state. Since the passage of the NY SAFE act, the BFG-50A is considered an assault weapon and as such is no longer available to private citizens in the state of New York. Therefore we have to respectfully decline to supply your department with BFG-50A rifles.”

He also said he felt bad about not being able to outfit the officers, because although he would like to get his guns into “as many police departments as possible,” his decision is a matter of principle.

“Because of a stupid law the venerable NYPD won’t have the best tools for the job.”

What’s interesting about this is that while Serbu makes a fine firearm and impressive .50 BMG rifles, they’re not a first-tier company in the sniper rifle world and are perhaps best known for their compactSuper-Shorty shotguns.

Two of the biggest names in sniper rifles, Barrett and ArmaLite, have already stated that they will not sell to the police departments of New York. If the NYPD is calling Serbu, we have to wonder how many other companies have told them to keep walking.

Serbu is the 137th company to halt sales to New York law enforcement according to the unofficial official New York Boycott list, which is now up to 142 companies (at the time of writing) and likely to keep growing.

The New York State Rifle and Pistol Association, an NRA affiliate, along with the Westchester County Firearms Owners Association, Sportsmen’s Association for Firearms Education, Blueline Tactical Police Supply and several other plaintiffs have filed suit against the state of New York and the SAFE Act.

Exactly that. And you gotta think how useful it would be when a guy is holding hostages in a high rise to be able to take a few angles from neighboring tower blocks, clear the rest of the floor, and tell the hostage taker "Hey, no matter where you move, we can put holes in you. If you step behind concrete it is just going to be a bigger messier hole. May as well give up now"

The article writer says serbu isn't top tier... I dunno, it's the one I would be buying. It would be if I were outfitting a department too. The serbu 50s are a lot of gun for the money.

I have to ask...what in God's name does a local PD or even SWAT need .50 Cal's for? Taking out perps through cement walls?!?

Ha Ha Ha .I'm sorry sarge I missed the guy but the bright side is that the Starbucks 6 blocks away Has a new window and 5 less bloggers on the occupy NRA site.

I have to ask...what in God's name does a local PD or even SWAT need .50 Cal's for? Taking out perps through cement walls?!?

Ha Ha Ha .I'm sorry sarge I missed the guy but the bright side is that the Starbucks 6 blocks away Has a new window and 5 less bloggers on the occupy NRA site.

Dass sum funny shit right there. Bout spit my coffee on my puter.

• 3 weeks later...

I like that, does anybody own one of their ar's i own two and half bushies, i think i might buy a lower and show support for them. well just went to there web sight. i guess it wil be a while. JFC. damn vultures

I have one of their ARs, absolutely love it. When I heard about their decision I show it off at the range with a little more pride

Edited by bUCKFoston