When $15/mag is a good deal it makes me glad I got plenty back when they were 4/$12 with a pouch.

Me too! I bought a boat load of the orange bakelite 74 mags. Four to a pouch with oiler, blank firing adapter and cleaning kit, everything brand new. The mags were in acid wrap for $29 from Aim! I have seen just the mags and used at that for $129 so I saved thousands.

Edited by U.S Praetorian

I just got my 4 in the mail yesterday and im far from impressed...

I'd always heard there were metal inserts in the feed lips/spine but upon disassembly i gave them the magnet test and it didnt stick anywhere on the plastic. The mags are really lightweight and dont take much pressure to squeeze an feel how cheap they are. I dont know if these are sum crap production to fill US demand but i feel i shouldve just saved my money. They also took wouldnt click right in my sgl21, took some elbow grease until the mag catch removed enough material to click right in.

I'm pretty sure these are lined in the front only. The lugs are poly. Just because a magnet does not stick doesn't mean there is no steel and they will have problems in any gun that was not originally made with a double feed magwell.

Edited by U.S Praetorian

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="PRISONSHANK" data-cid="876406" data-time="1363364468"><p>

I just got my 4 in the mail yesterday and im far from impressed...<br />

I'd always heard there were metal inserts in the feed lips/spine but upon disassembly i gave them the magnet test and it didnt stick anywhere on the plastic. The mags are really lightweight and dont take much pressure to squeeze an feel how cheap they are. I dont know if these are sum crap production to fill US demand but i feel i shouldve just saved my money. They also took wouldnt click right in my sgl21, took some elbow grease until the mag catch removed enough material to click right in.</p></blockquote>

I didnt order any because i dont need any but also that was the 1st thing i thought. Made for the US market.

Radom proofs their magazines for military use on the rear spine near the floorplate. If these are real milsurp mags, or runoff military production, you should see a proof there.

Poland does not use 7.62x39 any longer so I suspect that if these are new, that they're not going to be surplus or up to their milspec 5.45 or 5.56 mags.

Also keep in mind that modern Polish mags are generally not reinforced at the rear tab.

Edited by mancat

Well I just ordered four so I guess I'll find out. I needed some of this style of mags to buddy up with my Tapco slab-sides. The Polish ones look almost identical. I actually think I have enough AK mags to stop buying them now.

Well I just ordered four so I guess I'll find out. I needed some of this style of mags to buddy up with my Tapco slab-sides. The Polish ones look almost identical. I actually think I have enough AK mags to stop buying them now.

Bullshit Mancat. You can never have enough AK mags! I have close to 30 and still want more. lol.

• Like 1

I'm not going to complain about $16 when looking at the price of Pmags and other types of magazines right now.

My ideal point is to have at least the standard carry load of 7 mags per rifle. At this point I'm way past that and I don't think I'd ever find myself in a situation where I need more mags that I can realistically carry on person plus a few spares in a vehicle. Frankly I will probably NEVER be in that situation in my lifetime, but I still prepare for it. Past that, it's just collecting for collecting's sake, or for investment.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

I buy them cuz I always stumble upon a decent deal after I said I aint buying anymore. I have plenty for parts, but try to have enough for each rifle as well. But Im well past that point also.

I'm not complaining about the cost of mags. Since I'm not shopping for mags what do I have to complain about?

I had every chance to buy pmags before the panic. I didn't want them then. I don't want them now. I like my aluminum mags just fine.

Got plenty of AK, AR, FAL, Galil, and assorted pistol mags. Not less than 6 for any firearm I own except the PA-63. If I have any complaint it's that I didn't buy several hundred AK74 mags back in the day.

• Like 2

I wasn't shopping either but frankly that's a great deal on a style/nationality of mag that wasn't even available a few years back. People were paying huge premiums to get these Polish mags for AK-103 clones, etc. I really prefer the bakelite/polymer mags over steel in any AK. I have plenty of steels that I know will last forever. The others are the ones I prefer to actually use.

I regret missing out on the slab-side (not the "bullet" ones) Bulgarians with partial reinforcements when they were $12 - I think that was last summer?

Edited by mancat

My favorite mags are the Russian polymers. The Tula made plum ones I have are a bright ass plum color over the Izhmash made shiny ones, but the Izhmash matte plums are pretty slick too. I want some Russian strait blacks, but those are current production and pretty scarce. Im also a fan of the Molot 45rd bakelite 5.45 mags. I have a few of those as well. I do have several variants of the Russian steel's for my 7.62 that are pretty cool, but not slab sides. I just dont want to fork out the prices for the true slabsides. The Russian steel mags are tuff as fuck IMO.

Edited by Captain Hero

These are NOT milsurp mags. I have read elsewhere that the Radom name was purchased by another company, who produced these for the civilian import market. I emailed Aim about them and they confirmed there is no metal ANYWHERE on these particular mags. No metal lugs, feed lips, or spine reinforcement.

I"ll stick to Bulgy circle 10, Finnish Valmet, or East Euro all metal thank you....

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 1
As long as they work, it comes to personal preference. I like magazines made of metal. I have even thought about fabbing my own S12 metal mag bodies.

The only plastic mag I will fully endorse is the MD-20...

...even my Glock mags feel like cheap China garbage.

To be fair the Tapco AK mags are tough as shit. But I googled around about these Radom mags and found a few reviews that said they were flimsy compared to the Tapco mags. I've thrown, dropped, and run over fully loaded Tapco AK mags with zero effect. Bought them as a gimmick and found out that they're pretty good actually.

Thats what I thought. I remember reading somewhere too that the Radom name was bought by another company thats actually near by the real Radom military plant.

I dont need any Polish tapcos

These are NOT milsurp mags. I have read elsewhere that the Radom name was purchased by another company, who produced these for the civilian import market. I emailed Aim about them and they confirmed there is no metal ANYWHERE on these particular mags. No metal lugs, feed lips, or spine reinforcement.

I"ll stick to Bulgy circle 10, Finnish Valmet, or East Euro all metal thank you....

• 7 months later...

I had one of the metal reinforced Radom mags spit the guts and rounds out after the floor plate snapped off at the range. I was using the mag as a rest and it broke it right off. They are toys if you ask me. Never had that problem with AK103 mags and they are reinforced the same way as the Radoms, just a different, more robust material. I won't ever buy the Radoms again.

Edited by Mullet Man

To be fair the Tapco AK mags are tough as shit. But I googled around about these Radom mags and found a few reviews that said they were flimsy compared to the Tapco mags. I've thrown, dropped, and run over fully loaded Tapco AK mags with zero effect. Bought them as a gimmick and found out that they're pretty good actually.

Spot on.  The new Tapco slabsides are really impressive and tough as shit.  I've got several and I love them.  Also, I've noticed that in extremely sandy conditions, they work much better than even the euro surplus steel mags because the grit doesn't stick to them.  They are built rather thick and are very beefy around the front and rear tabs.  I really can't say anything bad about them because they have proven to be really high quality mags for me.