I really want to pick up a drum (20rd) and only one I can find is a ProMag 20. I have some 10 & 12 rd SGM sticks but they're way too big. Are the ProMags any good? They're $125.

Edited by dubya
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I couldn't tell....

I like long stick mags hanging under AK's, it's always been that way. That said, I have the MD and Promag drums and definitely prefer the Promag. Never had a single issue with it since day one, beside

If you think stick mags are "way too big", your going to crap your pants when you see how big and heavy a drum is! LOL. I'll buy it off you for $110 shipped.

Posted Images

I meant that it was more awkward than anything with a 12 stick..

Nephilim sure I can ship it out when I get it in the mail Wednesday or Thursday no problem.

Edited by dubya

I like long stick mags hanging under AK's, it's always been that way. That said, I have the MD and Promag drums and definitely prefer the Promag. Never had a single issue with it since day one, besides having to listen to a bunch of belly achers, haters, and ass kissers talking smack about them just because they wear the name Promag. I started a thread to share how well they worked with the group. Got hated on so much the thread blew up into a shit storm in record time, then was eventually removed. A friend of mine who had also tried my new (at the time brand new) drum, started another couple of threads trying tio get the word out. Both those threads suffered the same fate. Sad.... It's good to finally see others who have actually tried them, be able to talk about them without being trashed for it. All of you who trashed me and my friends for liking them and trying to share the good experience..... well you know who you are.... I told ya so. naaaa.gif

They WORK and they are also more ergonomic IMO. Slightly smaller and they don't have those obnoxious screw bosses or sharp edges around the rim, just begging to get chipped or cause damage to something else. Much easier to load the Promags into a pouch. The load assist lever is neat but really not even needed. In fact I removed the one off of mine so now they will stack or carry better in a drum pouch.

• Like 3

You must not have looked to hard.

http://www.mdarms.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=13jn6p4tt7ng8a57kvbtqo3st2

Mdarms are much better than Promag. If you have the choice get the MD20. I dont necessarily hate the promag drums, as I have 2 of their 12rnd drums. They work but you can see the quality between those and the drums produced by MD Arms.

I have an equal number of both....They both work great.....I like how the MDs don't have the button, but the promags are a little lighter IMO....just get equal number of each....that way your not accused of liking one better than the other....haha.gif

4 of each should do the trick

Edited by sccritterkiller
  • Like 1

http://www.mdarms.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=13jn6p4tt7ng8a57kvbtqo3st2]http://www.mdarms.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=13jn6p4tt7ng8a57kvbtqo3st2[/url]

Mdarms are much better than Promag. If you have the choice get the MD20. I dont necessarily hate the promag drums, as I have 2 of their 12rnd drums. They work but you can see the quality between those and the drums produced by MD Arms.

You must not have read post #3 too well!

But thanks for the link. I hadn't realized you could purchase direct from them.

I also have the Promag 20 rounder and have never had an issue with it. I would not hesitate to try to 12 or 15 rounders!
After I order a Titan a ProMag 15 will be next. If it runs well that'll probably be my go-to. Edited by dubya

http://www.mdarms.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=13jn6p4tt7ng8a57kvbtqo3st2]http://www.mdarms.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=13jn6p4tt7ng8a57kvbtqo3st2[/url]

You must not have read post #3 too well!

But thanks for the link. I hadn't realized you could purchase direct from them.

I also have the Promag 20 rounder and have never had an issue with it. I would not hesitate to try to 12 or 15 rounders!

After I order a Titan a ProMag 15 will be next. If it runs well that'll probably be my go-to.

I didnt read it at all. But your welcome.

It's worth noting that when people on some web sites, some you may be reading right now even, were selling MD-20s for $300-$400/ea, Mike ramped up production and priced them at $125 ordered direct.

He won't answer an email, and I hope I never need to take advantage of the warranty, but he stood by us on the supplier side.

It's worth noting that when people on some web sites, some you may be reading right now even, were selling MD-20s for $300-$400/ea, Mike ramped up production and priced them at $125 ordered direct.

He won't answer an email, and I hope I never need to take advantage of the warranty, but he stood by us on the supplier side.

Agreed! He did an excellent job during the panic. I hope others can cut him some slack for the double stack debacle. And $300 was the going gunbroker rate during the height of the panic. Hopefully those times are behind us.

If you want 30 round pmags I know a supplier in town who has a whole box. I can't remember the exact price but they were around $25-$30. You helped me out Maxwelhse. I am willing to return the favor.

Agreed! He did an excellent job during the panic. I hope others can cut him some slack for the double stack debacle. And $300 was the going gunbroker rate during the height of the panic. Hopefully those times are behind us.

If you want 30 round pmags I know a supplier in town who has a whole box. I can't remember the exact price but they were around $25-$30. You helped me out Maxwelhse. I am willing to return the favor.

Yeah, DS mags would be cool, but whatever. I'll be dead honest though.. If there wasn't an MD-20, I wouldn't have bought an S-12.

Now that I own it, and am learning more all the time, I realize what I fool I was for not jumping on $200 S-12s when there was no support for them what-so-ever.

Thanks for the offer, but I was just bustin' his chain about the completely fair price he was offering. I'm in no "need" of anything other than .22LR!!

I'm sure the Promags are probably ok, but I am certain that they will not take the abuse that a MD-20 will take, and still function. Get what you can, but I recommend waiting, paying more, or doing whatever it takes to get the MD-20 over the Promag drum. The MD-20 is not iffy, it is absolutely proven to be the best 20 round drum available for the Saiga 12 in the history of the platform.

evl....

• Like 1

Sheet my jigga I was hoping for a 15. I'll give the PM15 a chance. Like I said my 10rd PM stick works fine and actually looks better than my AGP or SGM. I just can't wait for my MD 20 to come next week. I should probably find a 762 drum too.

I can confirm that Mike will in fact answer emails promptly if there is a problem. The past is a different matter, and I can understand the frustration that comes with getting no response when there is a problem. All I can testify to is that recently he has been personally responding if there is a problem.

That's good to hear King. Especially in these rough times. Another stand up guy is Greg from CSS, he's been very helpful answering questions and even changing a screw up on my order even though it says they will not change or add to an order. Them are the type of companies that acquire life long customers IMO.

I was helping out a local shop owner figure out why his personal MD-20 wasn't working when they first came out. Turned out to be a combonation of ammo problems and not filing the tab correctly. Mike was very quick on the warranty.

Right, wrong or just plain dumb...I buy MD-20s because I know its a small company that went out on a limb to bring them to market.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Would it be woth it to pick up at least one 20 round drum by Promag if they are available for about $86? Would the 12 round drum be better? I can understand cutting down on bulk, and it would be a little bit cheaper at $63. Has anyone seen any better pricing on the 12 round drum?