PETA Plans to Fly Drones That Would 'Stalk Hunters' - US News

The harassing of hunters here in Maine is illegal. Other states may have similar laws. Perhaps a good fine or two will cause them to reconsider. Of course evidence will be needed so be sure to pack high brass loads of 00 buck. Just may be a target rich environment.

Neverhome

• Like 1
"Animal rights" terrorists. At some point a hunter will have enough of their bully behavior and there will be blood.

I have forgotten the specifics but there already has been. As much as I can remember it was a year or two ago and a deer hunter came out of the woods and found some members of PETA trashing his truck. Seemed his rifle discharged into one of their legs. Just can't trust those safeties on some firearms.

Harrassing hunters is a crime in most states.

I would gladly shoot one of these things down.

Yeah, and you would probably be charged with malicious mischief "while in possession of a firearm" for property damage. - basically a vandalism charge.

I am pretty sure the only thing you are allowed to do about harassment is get a restraining order and/or sue them. I would be very surprised if WA (or any other state) lets you shoot stuff belonging to people who harass you.

Any air over my property I concider MY airspace. As such I don't care what the law says, they must clear their flight over my airspace with ME.

Military and LEO, the usually average civilian pilots I have no problem with. But if I even see a drone I will protect my right to privacy.

• Like 1

In rural Texas especially if posted, trespassing can easily get you shot and pigs eat everything and I know plenty of guys who would just love to shoot PETA drones down. It would be like advertising free beer and Bring Your Own Gun. smile.png

Edited by U.S Praetorian

Interference with a lawful hunt is a serious charge in my neck of the woods.

For airspace, it'd be hard to argue they weren't trespassing unless they were in a designated flight path, but then they have a bunch of new problems.

Harrassing hunters is a crime in most states.

I would gladly shoot one of these things down.

Yeah, and you would probably be charged with malicious mischief "while in possession of a firearm" for property damage. - basically a vandalism charge.

I am pretty sure the only thing you are allowed to do about harassment is get a restraining order and/or sue them. I would be very surprised if WA (or any other state) lets you shoot stuff belonging to people who harass you.

Maybe so, but they've gotta find me first. I doubt Mr. Drone Pilot will be within line of sight. Drone down, and I'm gone.

One call to Warden Yeti, and they're busted! That SOB would arrest his own mom!!! But he's great to have around when he's really needed! Those PETA boys would be walking home with a BIG ticket after Yeti got done with them! He'd take their cars, planes, xmiters, and pot.

I had a bunch of them try that when I duck hunted one time. Warden took everything!

BRING THEM ON!!!