New look for my S-12

Silverback,

Very nicely done. You've got some coin tied up in the hardware but it looks awesome. A mean tactical weapon if ever I saw one. Now you need about six eight round mags and you are good to go.

PS...Is that a Krebs handguard and rail system and did it bolt right on or require some custom fitting?

Wolverine

Pretty cool shit. Finally people are getting creative with their s12's. Wish this import thing would happen and see what else happens. Also a little funny how things come in droves, rather than one inovator. We have a few working on mag projects, last round bho's, tac rails. Thanks for the peek, and as alway, add a few pics to the gallery section so they're easy to find long after the post is gone. :super:

Wow!! I received many emails and a couple of pms from people really wanting to know where and who the handrail system came from.

Before I say who makes the rail system I will need to ask the dealer who gave it to me first.

He gave it to me to see if I could make it work on a S-12 , I will say this ..."it was not hard at all to make it work on a S-12"...and let me tell you guys , it fits great and is not loose at all.

After I talk with the guy who gave me the rail to work on I will be more then willing to show the members here @ Saiga-12.com who & how I made this rail system work on my S-12.

Also the "breach breaker" on the front of my S-12 is from Royal Armes , and it works very good.. :super:

The rear adapter that allowed me to change the stock to a Socom came from Ultimak , I did use a different type of fastner to secure the socom to the S-12 more firmly.

heres a few more pics.

Edited by Silverback
Wow!! I received many emails and a couple of pms from people really wanting to know where and who the handrail system came from.

Before I say who makes the rail system I will need to ask the dealer who gave it to me first.

He gave it to me to see if I could make it work on a S-12 , I will say this ..."it was not hard at all to make it work on a S-12"...and let me tell you guys , it fits great and is not loose at all.

After I talk with the guy who gave me the rail to work on I will be more then willing to show the members here @ Saiga-12.com who & how I made this rail system work on my S-12.

Also the "breach breaker" on the front of my S-12 is from Royal Armes , and it works very good.. :super:

The rear adapter that allowed me to change the stock to a Socom came from Ultimak , I did use a different type of fastner to secure the socom to the S-12 more firmly.

heres a few more pics.

Thanks for the additional pictures Silverback. That Breach Breaker is one bad looking piece of equipment. The close up of the handguard with rails is more slimline than some other versions, and I like it. It fits the profile of the Saiga 12 very well.

Edited by TacticalResponse

Have you noticed any significant recoil reduction with the breacher? I'm looking for a good muzzle brake and that one is pretty hot and sexy. Does it increase noise a lot?

I'm a little bit of an innocent when it comes to sweet-ass tactical set-ups, but it looks like there's 2 lights on your gun. Is one infared for night vision (the big yellow lamp on the bottom)?

And who makes the top rail?

Beautiful gun though, nice job. Thanks for any answers you can give!

Edited by AegisDei

Damn the more I look at that rail system the more I like it. That's one nice lookin' black dragon! That IS alluminum isn't it? I'm sure the same person who puts a $100+ brake on a shotgun with between $500 and $600 worth of other accessories would not use a rail off an airsoft gun lol. C'mon the suspense is killin' me.

Just out of CURIOSITY...

Arent we the proud companions of LEO forum members here???

Is there ANY LAW that states an LEO cant buy one and then resell it to someone else NON LEO?!?!??!

like yanno... joe user sends his cash to the LEO person... the LEO person buys the brake, and then sends it to joe user???

Or am I missing something here?!?!?!?

:smoke:

Just out of CURIOSITY...

Is there ANY LAW that states an LEO cant buy one and then resell it to someone else NON LEO?!?!??!

like yanno... joe user sends his cash to the LEO person... the LEO person buys the brake, and then sends it to joe user???

:cryss: : On all LEO only purshases I have made, part of the form is a statement that the item is not being bought for resale and is in fact to be used on duty. The chief LEO has to sign off on the form and you DO NOT WANT to make your boss a liar.

Just out of CURIOSITY...

:cryss: : On all LEO only purshases I have made, part of the form is a statement that the item is not being bought for resale and is in fact to be used on duty. The chief LEO has to sign off on the form and you DO NOT WANT to make your boss a liar.

I've signed off those forms before..I can change my mind & resell anything i want as long as all fed & state laws are in compliance...On top of that...ALL my COs'/Supervisors are already liars!!!... :smoke:

..Now..if anything i sold was used in a future criminal action..i might be a bit bothered with it....days off wo/pay spankings etc.. :rolleyes:

Not too long ago in this end of the country, some leos got in very hot water for reselling guns.

And what they did was use letterhead to bypass the 15 day wait.

One had purchased some 10+ weapons in a 2 month period and had resold them all.

Illegal?

Probably not, but he got more than a hand slap.

And had ATF knocking on his door.

Morale of the story: don't wave red flags in the bull's face!

Just out of CURIOSITY...

I've signed off those forms before..I can change my mind & resell anything i want as long as all fed & state laws are in compliance...On top of that...ALL my COs'/Supervisors are already liars!!!... :smoke:

..Now..if anything i sold was used in a future criminal action..i might be a bit bothered with it....days off wo/pay spankings etc.. :rolleyes:

:angel: I can only speak for myself, but I swore an oath 29 years ago when I started my career and have to follow my own moral compass, as sometimes thats all I have. It feels wrong to knowingly sidestep a law that civilians cannot. I don't feel that having a badge makes me superior to anyone, just more accountable. I had a younger officer approach me for advise on this very issue before the AWB thankfully died. I asked him how much he valued his career, and he did not attempt to resale the weapon. At our agency this activity would not be accecptable.

Please do not take my reply as preaching or any sort of attack. I just wish to expound on the reasons for my answer.

Hm...well...first of all...I wasn't talking about selling Tac-Nukes,Stingers or otherwise WMDs'...the original subject was a most probably impractical SG Compensator/Door breecher..Not impractical as a Comp...but as a DB...I've wasted a few Padlocks in my day with well placed shot loads to gain quick access...but unless you're wear'n S4 bodyarmour/eyewear...still a pretty unsafe way to do it..

An officer that resells a weapon to a typically responsible citizen in compliance of ALL State & Fed laws..is well within his rights to do so...If it's an Issued weapon...that is theft.

Unacceptable behaviour IS sidestepping a law to "GO into business "...Even a dimwitted FEELGOOD law such as a waiting period.If one of my crew did such a thing...I'd gladly wo/remorse put a rd in his/her kneecap...not for just breaking a waiting period law...but more so for just being a dimwitted fool..

I don't make a habit of selling guns/weapons/accessories to anybody ready to pay the price either..If I know them personally as a responsible citizen/person...or if the FFL @ the other end says OK..then.."NO Probs".....I've resold MP5s..paid for with my own funds to citizens with the correct PW....I've even refused to sell to other LE personal that I felt did not have the common sense to use a select fire weapon .

My point is...it is IMO rather hypocritical..to not allow a lawabiding citizen possesion of something that we in the LE Prof are typically allowed to own/possess.Most of those Companys selling such articles...do that{LEOs' ONLY} to most probably "Cover their own asses"..in this world of Suing/blaming others for thier own Ir-responsible actions.

I am NOT PREACHING or attacking either...Just EXPOUNDING wo extreme prejudice the facts... :rolleyes:

Hm...well...first of all...I wasn't talking about selling Tac-Nukes,Stingers or otherwise WMDs'...the original subject was a most probably impractical SG Compensator/Door breecher..Not impractical as a Comp...but as a DB...I've wasted a few Padlocks in my day with well placed shot loads to gain quick access...but unless you're wear'n S4 bodyarmour/eyewear...still a pretty unsafe way to do it..

An officer that resells a weapon to a typically responsible citizen in compliance of ALL State & Fed laws..is well within his rights to do so...If it's an Issued weapon...that is theft.

Unacceptable behaviour IS sidestepping a law to "GO into business "...Even a dimwitted FEELGOOD law such as a waiting period.If one of my crew did such a thing...I'd gladly wo/remorse put a rd in his/her kneecap...not for just breaking a waiting period law...but more so for just being a dimwitted fool..

I don't make a habit of selling guns/weapons/accessories to anybody ready to pay the price either..If I know them personally as a responsible citizen/person...or if the FFL @ the other end says OK..then.."NO Probs".....I've resold MP5s..paid for with my own funds to citizens with the correct PW....I've even refused to sell to other LE personal that I felt did not have the common sense to use a select fire weapon .

My point is...it is IMO rather hypocritical..to not allow a lawabiding citizen possesion of something that we in the LE Prof are typically allowed to own/possess.Most of those Companys selling such articles...do that{LEOs' ONLY} to most probably "Cover their own asses"..in this world of Suing/blaming others for thier own Ir-responsible actions.

I am NOT PREACHING or attacking either...Just EXPOUNDING wo extreme prejudice the facts... :rolleyes:

It is certainly possible that I overreacted to the general thread. If I have done so, sorry. I certainly agree with you that civilians should be able to own the same things that we as individual officers can own. My concern was what I percived as a "resell" of LE only equipment as a way of sidestepping the guidelines.

Thanks for your kind way of stating your opinion. :super: