I'll be a celebrating this day next year

Because I'll be a father!

Finally told the parent's and I've been dying to tell everyone so I'll spill the beans here too.

Due date will be right around Valentine's Day, poor kid. (I know it's gonna be a boy.... Err, I hope!)

Can't wait to teach 'em how to fish and shoot.

super_man.gif

• Like 5

Man that's great, don't really matter, girl or boy teach them fishing and hunting. My girls will never starve cause they know how to live in that regard. My youngest came over the other to barrow a couple rods so she could teach her new guy how to fish rolleyes.gif

• Like 4

Ernest Hemingway once said, "To be a successful father, there's one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don't look at it for the first two years." Take into consideration Hemingway blew his head off with a double-barreled shotgun.

As a recent father I will attest that fatherhood get's better as the child develops. Just get through the first year! Once the child starts walkin' & talkin' fatherhood starts becoming fun. Congrat's man!

Here's my boy all geared up and ready to go...

post-35052-0-93426300-1371439060_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Congrats, don't be too concerned about boy or girl! I was, and after 3 seconds of the doc saying it's a girl....I really couldn't care! My little girl will be taught to hunt, fish and survive, no different than if I had a son.

And yes....I now play with dolls(with my little girl)......and I don't give a damn what others think! Just to see the smile on her face means the world to me!

• Like 3

I have been blessed with girls. However, i've seen serious interest in fishing from them. In fact, my older daughter caught the largest croaker (salt water fish) i have ever seen. When I told her she let it live by putting it in the water again, or eat it, she replied "Let's eat it!". They're the best! Next year the younger should also be able to fish. It'll be a blast!

Amyway, congrats, Dad! Either way, it'll rock!

• Like 1

Thanks guys! I'll be just as excited if it's a girl. As cliche as it sounds, healthy is all we're really hoping for!

Even if it's a girl I'll be teaching her all the same things.

Had some practice with a friend's daughter a couple weeks ago. :)

972265_10151611729949706_1006707568_n.jp

Our daughter (8) loves to shoot and fish and riding on motorcycles, bike, etc. Not sure if we will get into hunting. She loves all the outdoors stuff, but is still a girly girl too.

To the pic above, I thought people would think we were crazy for putting a bike helmet on her while she was in the bike trailer when she was little, but I see lots of people doing it now. It is a good thing.

Edit.... forgot to say Congratulations!

Edited by jwulf
  • Like 1

Congrats!! Fatherhood is a truly awesome thing. It makes me feel like superman at times and totally vulnerable at other times.

BTW - If you are into hunting and fishing and plan to teach your kid, get your kid lifetime hunting\fishing permits before they turn 1 year old because the permits are much cheaper then.

• Like 1

Congrats!! Fatherhood is a truly awesome thing. It makes me feel like superman at times and totally vulnerable at other times.

BTW - If you are into hunting and fishing and plan to teach your kid, get your kid lifetime hunting\fishing permits before they turn 1 year old because the permits are much cheaper then.

I'd never heard of such a thing. I'll have to look into if Michigan does this!

• 6 months later...

Stumpled across this old post and thought I would send out a word of encouragement to Pyzik since I know his life is changing more and more with each doctor's visit.  Do you have a name picked out?  My wife is currently 20 some weeks along with our second son so I am remembering all the things there are to be nervous about while marveling at how my 2 year old grows more and more each day!  Best of luck to you! 

• Like 1

Well, we found out it's a girl a while back.  Was a little bummed at first but that went away pretty quickly!

Her name will be Mackenzie.  Just finalized it this weekend, actually.

1512330_10201294494992021_1435694742_n.j

Her room is like a pink explosion!  LOL.

Getting nervous and excited being so close.

• Like 1

Congrats its life changing when you see them. And I guess you guys are not finding out the sex? That's awesome we did that with number 2 and when he came out and I saw his balls it was amazing.

And thats smart to be safe with kids in the bike jwulf never know when you could get hit by a car or hell pass out riding. And in georgia its 250 bucks for a lifetime hunting and fishing license if they are under 2

Congratulations!

Girls hunt, fish & shoot too!

My youngest is a girl, and constantly wanting to go with her brothers & I when we go fishing. hunting & shooting.

We have three, boy 15, boy 8 and girl 5...  Best PITA we can ever have.

• Like 1

Human personalities are genetic. They don't change from day 1.

Our daughter is hard-headed and our son is very empathetic, emotionally. Quite the opposite of what I had expected.

It took me 20 years to figure that out.

You can't change them. Don't even try.

Raising a child may be the most important thing you achieve in your life.

Congrats.

It was in mine.

Edited by Sim_Player