Decisions, decisions.. which to get first? Ive been lusting after a pap m92 pistol for quite awhile now, and once gotten id add a sling, flash hider, and a red dot to it, and more than likely submit the proper forms to add a stock and sbr (and prices are coming down to more realistic).

However, im feeling an increased need to have a pistol for concealed carry/hd thats of a higher caliber than the ruger sr22 w aguila interceptors loaded. Heres the caveat. My company will not allow firearms in our work vehicles, but this isnt really monitored at all (but if something ever happened itd be bye bye career). Since i drive all over the place i barely go out in my personal vehicle at all. Im not quite sure if i could convince the wife to conceal carry, tho she does show interest in taking the concealed carry classes.

So what do you guys think? Get the pap first (hit the fun button) or look into getting a cc/hd pistol? If i go cc pistol route i was thinking springfield xd compact or subcompact (remember wifey needs to be able to manage it). I look forward to the advice. Thanks again guys.

CC pistol with absolute certainty. Fuck the career. If the day were to ever come that you would truly deploy your weapon, do you really think that you are gonna give two squirts of piss about the career? I don't have a clue what the odds are, but I think that they are extremely slim that you will ever be forced to use said weapon. Most of us give up a damn near a lifetime to our careers. I see no need to give up your life for it.

While the decision to carry is one that I think should not be taken lightly. I think people tend to overthink it at times. I know I did.

Am I ready...

Do I have the balls to take a life...

Will I get caught at work and get fired...

What if I miss and shoot an innocent...

Yada yada yada...

While the pap's are certainly cool. I don't think I'd ever own one unless they were really cheap, or a certain SBR.

Yer call. Carrying is not for everyone. I know that it took me a bit to get used to being in stores. Especially one's that may or may not have signs on the door prohibiting firearms. I don't read doors, so I can't verify, haha... Now, I don't miss a day as I feel nekkid without it.

I don't think there is really a wrong answer to this question. So I guess it comes down to straight up fun, or fun and protection. Truly your call.

I'm thinking about getting an M92 very soon here in anticipation of SBR for WA. I would intend to underfold mine as soon as I legally can.

Used to want a Draco, the they disappeared. Hope the same doesn't happen to the M92. Keep that in mind.

LUPIN8OR,

JUST MY $.02, BUT I'D GET THE CONCEALED GUN FIRST, IF YOU'RE PERCEIVING AN INCREASED THREAT LEVEL, AS OTHERWISE, YOU MIGHT NOT BE AROUND TO BUY THAT M92.

JUS' SAYIN'.....

SINCE YOU SEEM TO LIKE THE XD'S, THEY ARE MAKING THE SINGLE-STACK XD-S'S IN BOTH .45 AND 9MM.

VERY FLAT AND EASIER CONCEALED.

THE .45 FOR YOU, AND THE 9MM FOR THE WIFE. JUST MAKE SURE YOU'RE RUNNING SOME HOT STUFF IN THE 9MM; CORBON POWERBALL OR DPX, WINCHESTER 127GR +P+, OR FEDERAL 9BPLE +P+.

WHATEVER IT'S MOST ACCURATE WITH.

THERE'S A WRITEUP IN THE OCTOBER '13 ISSUE OF SOFMAG ON THE XD-S 9MM, FYI.

JESS1344

• Like 1

I would get the gun you might not be able to get later.

Just keep carrying your .22, while driving. It's probably very light and concealable already.

If you really want to push your luck bring your new Pap in a backpack or duffle. :)

No question in my mind, I'd get the short AK!

I'm thinking about getting an M92 very soon here in anticipation of SBR for WA. I would intend to underfold mine as soon as I legally can.

Used to want a Draco, the they disappeared. Hope the same doesn't happen to the M92. Keep that in mind.

Is there some news that WA will allow SBR & SBS?????

When we talk about personal protection , we also talk about protecting our family because it is one in the same.

The choice to carry a gun for protection should never be made lightly. The weapon we use should be based on it's effective ability to stop or slow a bad guy, so one can avoid death or injury. A 22 I do not think falls in to this area.

It starts with a plan. If your wife wants to take a class start there ,take it with Her . Get the best training never do this on the cheap.

Good Luck! and all my best to your wife.

• Like 1

CC gun first. A handgun can do HD and CC duty. Concealing a AK pistol doesnt sound all that practical. More like tacticool. Gotta carry a backpack with you everywehre, cant put it down anywehere, some places its out of place and sticks out ....but I guess it depends on where you go and what you do. A AK pistol just seems more gimicky than practical

• Like 1

Is there some news that WA will allow SBR & SBS?????

Not technically, but there is a guy "Ranb" on some of the WA forums who has met with state reps to discuss the issue. From what he's seen, it looks like some of them are open to loosening restrictions on SBR/SBS in WA, just like we got suppressors a couple years back. This same guy was doing meets with reps over that issue and I think he gives a good idea about where we stand with this possibility..

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/nfa-weapons/54388-time-make-sbs-sbr-legal-all-wa-residents.html

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/nfa-weapons/145307-meeting-pedersen-sbr-bill.html

Seems to be kinda split in two as far as what i should do. Eventually with more funds i would be picking up an easy to conceal pistol (thats bigger caliber than the sr-22) regardless, but i guess my main concern is that what happened w the dracos will happen w the paps or worse yet... and its not like i work in the hood or anything but what with some of the crap weve been hearing about in the news lately i think it would be a good idea for both me and my wife to carry in the very near future, if i can convince her lol. One other thing: the wife mentioned helping me out if i quit smoking so i may be able to pull both off faster than originally thought. Just gotta prove ive quit lol.

LUPINATOR,

GREAT IDEA ON THE SMOKING.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT A PACK RUNS THESE DAYS, I THINK THE LAST ONE I BOUGHT WAS $1.25, AS I RECALL, BUT WHATEVER THE PRICE IS, DIVIDE IT BY 20 TO GET THE COST PER EACH.

EVERY TIME YOU GET THE URGE TO FIRE-UP, DROP THAT MUCH IN YOUR PAP-PIGGY-BANK.

AS COMPOUND INTEREST, SO TO SPEAK, YOU CAN KICK IN A BIT MORE, EVERY TIME YOU AND MOMMA PRACTICE MAKING TRICYCLE MOTORS.............

I'LL LET YOU DETERMINE THE $$ VALUE ON THAT.haha.gif

JESS1344

• Like 1

Keep in mind that SBR Pap has to comply with 922r.

While the CCW is more necessary, we are seeing some small talk about banning "assault pistols." Im not sure if they have been defined, but I think we know what they are targeting here. 'Scary' pistols like the M92.

Wish my pa had bought a few machine guns before Reagan. Jes sayin'

My understanding was that SBRs did not have to comply with 922r.

wrong!!!!!

In keeping with the trend of this thread, i have a question thats more than likely been asked before. How does adding a magpul angled foregrip on the pap m92 affect legality? Is it classified as a front grip thus neccesitating registration as an AOW? Just wondering what the general concensus is on the subject as i see theres a lil debate on whether nfa items need to comply w 922 r.

Just wondering what the general concensus is on the subject as i see theres a lil debate on whether nfa items need to comply w 922 r.

It's not much of a debate. I've seen the same types of letters posted in other forums. I wrote to them myself to get the answer in writing. The BATFE ruled the AFG is ok on a pistol. There are letters on the net in regards to that as well.

• Like 1

Just wondering what the general concensus is on the subject as i see theres a lil debate on whether nfa items need to comply w 922 r.

It's not much of a debate. I've seen the same types of letters posted in other forums. I wrote to them myself to get the answer in writing. The BATFE ruled the AFG is ok on a pistol. There are letters on the net in regards to that as well.

But only in specifics to the Magpull angled grip. I am awaiting approval from ATF on a stark vertical fore grip (which is completely different)

You can never cover your ass enough in this game.

post-46572-0-00646500-1377566246_thumb.png

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

I have a letter from the Tech Branch in regards to parts count on my Draco SBR project that says otherwise. If the weapon was imported after November 30, 1990, 922r does apply even on a SBR.

I did a little research last night, and it seems we are both right. People have written letters and received BOTH answers. No letter seems to be forthcoming from anyone high up at ATF, just local offices.

So, I would say there is NO general answer, rather, each individual should write their own local ATF office and hope they get a 'no' answer.

And keep in mind that such letters are useful ONLY for the person they address.

It's very easy to meet 922r, and you don't have to worry whether it actually applies or not.

Assuming you'll want a muzzle device. Get a US one. If you don't want one don't worry about it. It doesn't count if not installed.

The pistol grip on the PAP sucks. Get a US one. Just be aware that some pgs have to be modified to fit a yugo.

You have to install a stock. Get a US one. (This may cause heartburn if you really want an underfolder.)

Install a G2 trigger group.

Done. And you can still use imported mags.

Edited by Darth Saigus

Well, bit the bullet n got a pap! Should be here in a few days :). Before i start w accessorizing it im going to double back and pick up a decent cc piece so ill have both bases covered. Thank you all for the help!

I have to find it, but that date I quoted is from one of the Codes/Regulations, not just a rep at the Tech Branch spouting off that I can't SBR it without being compliant. My deal is I want to go old school with it using the Polish handguards, pistol grip, and underfolder I salvaged from a captured Iraqi weapon I used as a backup to my beltfed in 2003. So far I have three parts in the FCG covered. Need a US muzzle device, looking for a US piston. Anyway, it is in a Title/Code/Reg in regards to the import date and 922r compliance. I'll find it and post it. I was explicit in my letter to them with my intentions with the specific weapon. Their answer was it had to be compliant in SBR form not pistol form.

Edited by MT Predator

MT, I'm curious about the polska handguard on the M92. How will that fit?

BTW, you always have the option or running US mags. With the p-mags coming out that may not be a bad option for keeping it legal.

But only in specifics to the Magpull angled grip. I am awaiting approval from ATF on a stark vertical fore grip (which is completely different)

You can never cover your ass enough in this game.

attachicon.gifstark se5.png

I hope it's legal since you've already posted pics of your pap with it installed.

Edited by Darth Saigus