Help: Feed Ramp Damaged?

Hello All,

I just got my 1919 back from the local shop where they did the collapsible stock conversion for me.  I just disassembled it and it looks like the feed ramp is damaged like they let the bolt slam forward without the barrel being installed.

I only have about 80 rounds through this bad boy. 

Can you take a look and let me know if my feed ramp is damaged or if it's normal wear and tear.

Thanks,

Jay

post-48008-0-81084800-1380167774.jpgpost-48008-0-04452000-1380167792.jpgpost-48008-0-48230000-1380167810.jpgpost-48008-0-56565000-1380167833.jpg

They look pretty beat up, you may be able to use sand paper to knock down the rough edges on your feed ramp, or you can get a replacement through on firebird precision, but i beleave you have to send them your gun so they can install it good luck!!!

The FB ramps are very nice.

They look pretty beat up, you may be able to use sand paper to knock down the rough edges on your feed ramp, or you can get a replacement through on firebird precision, but i beleave you have to send them your gun so they can install it good luck!!!

The FB ramps are very nice

Is this something I should bring to the shop's attention and have them fix it/reimburse me to get it fixed?

I wouldn't let them try to fix,id see if they might cover damage.FB sells  a factory cut stock with butt stock adpt and new feed ramp -was 220.00 shipped.I did that so I had a intact stock just in case.I thought it was 125.00 ? just for feed ramp install.

Can you post the link.

I'm not seeing it on their website.

It seems like everyone is all for FB no Tooth and Nail Love? 

Is FB better?

Thanks,

Jay

I'm still running the stock feed lips, so no experience here one way or the other. I am a pretty loyal T&N fan though. Cheaper prices for top notch hardware (and IN STOCK). Matt has always been my first and last call for all things MKA.

Does your feed ramp look as bad as mine?  Like I said, I only have about 80 rounds through her. 

I wouldn't let them try to fix,id see if they might cover damage.FB sells  a factory cut stock with butt stock adpt and new feed ramp -was 220.00 shipped.I did that so I had a intact stock just in case.I thought it was 125.00 ? just for feed ramp install.

Can you post the link.

Is FB better?

Thanks,

Jay

YES.

Can you post the link.

Is FB better?

Thanks,

Jay

Its not on the site,just call and ask ....that's what I did.FB could of said they had they had no stock loweres to cut and tried to sell me a alum lower but.....they hooked me up with what I was looking for.

Edited by Get-n-Ready

Can you post the link.

Is FB better?

Thanks,

Jay

Its not on the site,just call and ask ....that's what I did.FB could of said they had they had no stock loweres to cut and tried to sell me a alum lower but.....they hooked me up with what I was looking for.

Bravo FB

We've done quite a few for guys in your sitution.

Here's what ours looks like

0wl9.jpg

hjqb.jpg

Any idea on what kind of remedy they sought from the LGS?

Did the LGS end up paying for it? 

Thanks,

Jay

I have no idea, we don't get into that, we just fix the mistakes, whether the customer's or the "gunsmith".

Hello All,

I just got my 1919 back from the local shop where they did the collapsible stock conversion for me.  I just disassembled it and it looks like the feed ramp is damaged like they let the bolt slam forward without the barrel being installed.

I only have about 80 rounds through this bad boy. 

Can you take a look and let me know if my feed ramp is damaged or if it's normal wear and tear.

Thanks,

Jay

attachicon.giffeed ramp 1.jpgattachicon.giffeed ramp 2.jpgattachicon.giffeed ramp 3.jpgattachicon.giffeed ramp 4.jpg

Ouch! unhappy.gif   If it was mine I'd try to sand & smooth it but if that doesn't work,  I've seen T&N's replacement ramp firsthand and it's slick as snot on a doorknob.  It would be money well spent.

Ouch, your feed ramps look pretty messed up.  I'd go back to the gunsmith and see if they'll reimburse you, that's not how they should look.  That said, you can't really go wrong with Firebird or T&N, they both put out quality work.  Myself, I chose to get the Firebird aluminum lower since I wasn't comfortable cutting my stock, nor did I like the polymer feel, paired that with a T&N L10 handguard and I love the new weight and feel.

I'm still running the stock feed lips, so no experience here one way or the other. I am a pretty loyal T&N fan though. Cheaper prices for top notch hardware (and IN STOCK). Matt has always been my first and last call for all things MKA.

Does your feed ramp look as bad as mine? Like I said, I only have about 80 rounds through her.

I've probably getting close to 1000 and it looks nothing like yours. I'd try sanding it smooth and see how it runs. But I predict that you'll be making a call soon for new feed lips.

So any luck with with  the gun shop ?

They offered to JB Weld it up and sand it down. 

Considering it was that or have them give me $15 to send it off (they said they would only pay for shipping to a real gunsmith), I went the JB weld route.

Had it home for all of 5 minutes and the JB Weld flaked off.

I'll be taking it to the range tomorrow. 

Hopefully all will run smooth and it won't be affected. 

I have run some dummy rounds through it and everything felt/looked ok.

JB weld? ? ? , maybe next try some bubble gumbad_smile.gif ,  actually if I were you I would try to smooth them up as good as possible , and see how it runs. you may be suprised how well it will work.

The replacement ramps we installed, the factory ones were snapped off.