TIME TO TELL IF YOU ARE A DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN...

Here is a little test that will help you decide.

The answer can be found by posing the following question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small

children. Suddenly, an IslamicTerrorist with a huge knife comes around the

corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, praises Allah, raises the

knife, and charges at you. You are carrying a Glock Cal. 40, and you are an

expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.

What do you do?

Democrat's Answer :angel:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man

look poor! Or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that would

inspire him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What

about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the

knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Does the

Glock have appropriate safety built into it? Why am I carrying a loaded gun

anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my

children? Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he

definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me? If I

were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was

stabbing me? Should I call 9-1-1? Why is this street so deserted? We need

to ra! ise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this happier, healthier

street that would discourage such behavior. This is all so confusing! I

need to debate this with some friends for few days and try to come to a

consensus.

Republican's Answer: :ded:

BANG!

Southern Republican's Answer: :killer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click...(sounds of

reloading). BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click

Daughter: "Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips or

Hollow Points?"

Son: Git-r-Dun Pop! Can I shoot the next one!

Wife: You ain't taking that to the Taxidermist!

Around these parts you could equate the southern republican to also a okie southern democrat(and ironicly same political view points and thats why most of the us house members here are republician, but the state is democratic controled), same shooter here, just different party.

Around these parts you could equate the southern republican to also a okie southern democrat(and ironicly same political view points and thats why most of the us house members here are republician, but the state is democratic controled), same shooter here, just different party.

Just wondering, how can you continue to support that party considering how extreme they've become since the election of GWB? No animosity here, I just wonder what keeps the Zell Miller types with the Dems.

I'm a Larry Elder style Republitarian.

You are carrying a Glock Cal. 40, and you are an expert shot.

Yup. :smoke:

Edited by DaGroaner

Regardless of what our individual political persuations are the pendulum is swinging again. Prepare for an influx of Dems given the war, spying, economy including massive debt following a Dem. balanced budget, congressional corruption scandals, yada, yada.........

Oh, and yes I am a conservative but I am pretty fed up with both focking parties. Somehow I can't get to the Libertarian doctrine.

G. O. B. has the best idea. Throw them all out of office, change players every election and limit campaign contributions which is nothing more than refined and sometimes blatant bribery.

We have lost our bearings and sold our soul to the rest of the World for a quick buck. God help us.........or at least our children.

Wolverine

Regardless of what our individual political persuations are the pendulum is swinging again. Prepare for an influx of Dems given the war, spying, economy inclusive massive debt following a Dem. balanced budget, congressional corruption scandals, yada, yada.........

Oh, and yes I am a conservative but I am pretty fed up with both focking parties. Somehow I can't get to the Libertarian doctrine.

G.O. B. has the best idea. Throw them all out of office, change players every election and limit campaign contributions which is nothing more than refined and sometimes blatant bribery.

We have lost our bearings and sold our soul to the rest of the World for a quick buck. God help us.........or at least our children.

Wolverine

I totally agree with you. It's my children that I worry about. What bother's me is that most people don't seem to see it and they go around thinking that somehow we are exempt from hardship or hard times. In my opinion, this world is getting more volatile.

I can go on and on but I won't.

What Wolverine said!

G.O.B. says make a political statement. BUY guns. BUY ammo, don't make contributions to candidates that are only going to sell out to big buisness and criminal lobbyists!

G O B

Im not quite shure what catagory I would fit into. To answer the original question, Yes. I would shoot and kill another human being with only a very slight hesitation. The only reason for the hesitation would be to ponder my present legal situation and possible future legal repercussions. Interesting how a joke post can start a flourishing conversation when its subject is politics.....

But on a more serious side, I don't really know how to classify myself. I usually vote republican because they are more pro-gun than the other side. But sometimes, I shiver as I cast my vote. Maybe you guys can help me figure out what catagory I might fit into.

Im an atheist.

I strongly believe in freedom of speech, religion, general happiness.....etc. But can't stand when it gets taken to the extreme. I don't like to see American freedom twisted into something else for someones personal gain. The media is one example.

I don't think that the government should be restricted as to who's conversations they monitor (within reason) I mean thats what they do right? they are the government. Why woulden't they monitor a group of Muslims right now? They can listen to my phone calls, read my E-mail and look down on me with thier satalite.....I don't care! They will get bored with it very quickly. I strongly agree that the government should be listening in on folks who may be up to no good. I do not see it as a violation of my rights. Unless, ofcorse they decide to lash out at drunken, gun toteing, pot smoking sexual deviants.

Here is another thing that you guys are gonna hate me for. I think that firearms should be restricted to a point. Not nearly as much as they are right now, but I agree that the gov. should have some control over the amount and size of the weapons being weilded by civilians.

On the other hand, I think that we should be seeing much more of the militia groups around in the US. It is writen in our constitution that we have the right to keep our gov. in check by use of force. So why is it such a touchy issue? We should have dozens of well armed private groups training themselves openly. The National Guard is NOT the peoples army!

I think that gays and lesbians should be allowed to marry thier own sex if they want to. As long as it dosen't screw up the economy or the ozone layer, I don't give a shit what they do to eachother. Let guys get operations to be girls and vice versa. Whatever, just let them do thier thing.

I think that gun control is out of control. There should be ONE set of rules and laws that cover the entire country. If your state dosen't like it, then succeed from the union. Deal with it. Everyone should have the right to be armed. Ok, if you want to keep violent felons from owning firearms....Great! But leave it at that. Dont keep a man from owning a gun because he bought a dimebag of pot off an undercover officer when he was in college. Keep firearms away from violent felons if you want to. I agree that its a good idea. But why would you need to keep guns away from someone who lied on an insurance claim? A 21 year old gets drunk and crashes some stuff, maybe he gives a guy a rap on the beaver for dancin' with his girl....I dunno, whatever stupid things 21 year olds do. Few of them continue to act that way as a mature adult. So why restrict them from firearms thier whole life?

I think automatics (machine guns) should be legal for civilians to own, at no additional cost, without special permits or background checks. So should inported pistols and rifles from any country. I believe heavy artillery and rockets/missles and high explosives should be limited to ownership by our military and militia groups. I believe that private militia groups should be allowed to own tanks/heavy equip. and aircraft as well.

I think that scientists should be given more freedom to explore genetics. They should also be regulated so that they dont rip a hole in the time space continoum or turn us all into zombies.

If folks want to ban things and make drastic changes for the good of mankind, I suggest they start with the petroleum companies. Then the tobacco companies and finish off the clean up job with the medical industry. Health care should NOT be a big buisness that only the wealthy can afford. I feel that our medical insurance should be realisticly dealt with and supplied by the gov. to all US citizens.

For Christ's sake, annex Mexico. We could use the industry.

Stop dumping toxic waste into the deep ocean trenches. Theres shit down there that we dont WANT comming up here all mutated and angry! The US alone has spent so much money on dumping and fines to companies for dumping, they could have loaded up all that crap and sent it to Jupiter.

Ok, if that works, then stop clear cutting thousands of acres of forest. We can find other stuff to burn and build with.

I support the war in Iraq.....I think. When the towers fell, I wanted vengance and retribution. Until the group responsable for the attack is completely eradicated, I support the war. People tell me that Im wrong and that there are other reasons for the war, I only care about the original reason.

Do something with the judical system, I dunno what, just do something. Police are out of control in alot of areas. The system no longer "rehabilitates" offenders. More criminals are being bred and trained at home because of poor parenting, perhaps you could start there. Until then, enstate a vigilate freedom act.

I could go on and on, but I know that only like 2% of forum members will read anything over a paragraph long. And I would like a little feedback on my political views. Am I mostly liberal? Does my wish for the return of public hangings automaticly make me republican? I think some of my views are contradictive.....I dunno. I know nothing about politics, but I do like to be involved enough to send 1 vote the right way. I haven't met a group or party or organization that I can agree with 100% yet. I don't think that I ever will.

Pistonring,

Sounds like you might want to review the position held by these guys. Conservative on guns, liberal on drugs. The rub comes with social medicine and social programs. These guys are rugged individualists. When it comes to economics, if you ain't got it, can't do it, or haven't earned it too focking bad. So much for the aged, infirmed and disabled.

http://www.lp.org/issues/issues.shtml

Of course there is always the John Birch Society which is just a tad more conservative.

http://www.jbs.org/about/index.html

But whatever we are (I'm a pissed off voter) it just doesn't matter cause the system is broken and corruption reigns. If you want something done politically in this country you have to buy it!!

Wolvie

Pistonring,

Sounds like you might want to review the position held by these guys. Conservative on guns, liberal on drugs. The rub comes with social medicine and social programs. These guys are rugged individualists. when it comes to economics. If you ain't got it, can't do it, or haven't earned it too focking bad. Some much for the aged, affirmed and disabled.

Of course there is always the John Birch Society which is just a tad more conservative.

But whatever we are (I'm a pissed off voter) it just doesn't matter cause the system is broken and corruption reigns. If you want something done politically in this country you have to buy it!!

Wolvie

WOW! Thanks Wolvie. Your right, these libertarian guys seem to have thier heads on straighter than most. I read over the entire website, and agreed with about 70% of thier views. So far, this is about the closest I've ever been to agreement with a specific political party. They have my vote.

Thanks again.

Pistonring,

Sounds like you might want to review the position held by these guys. Conservative on guns, liberal on drugs. The rub comes with social medicine and social programs. These guys are rugged individualists. when it comes to economics. If you ain't got it, can't do it, or haven't earned it too focking bad. Some much for the aged, affirmed and disabled.

Wolvie

WOW! Thanks Wolvie. Your right, these libertarian guys seem to have thier heads on straighter than most. I read over the entire website, and agreed with about 70% of thier views. So far, this is about the closest I've ever been to agreement with a specific political party. They have my vote.

Thanks again.

I pretty much agree with everything you said piston. I too am an athiest and feel much like you do on the topics you discussed. I feel the two major parties in this country have gone way too far to the extremes. The liberals are way too left and the conservatives are way too right. We need someone closer to the middle that isn't so blinded by what their parties tell them.

The libertarian party does sound great in theory but unfortunatly they can never seem to win. I don't know what its like in other areas but around here the people running for the libertarian party are usually nutballs. They focus mainly on the whole pot issue which I bet turns off many possible voters. I would really like to vote libertarian but the chances of them actually winning an election is so very slim that its almost the same as throwing a vote away. So I try and vote for the lesser of two evils.

+1 on that. All the libertarians I have met were nutballs so emersed in conspiracy theorism and bullshit that they don't have what it takes to hold any kind of office, they shouldn't even be allowed in the post office for that matter. It sucks because some of their finest points need to be made. But they will always be looked at by the majority as out of control children trying to overthrow their govt. instead of being taken seriously. What has really sucked about the last two elections for me was having to decide who not to vote for.

Screw politics! Arm yourselves and learn how to survive. Get it while you still can.

+1 on that. All the libertarians I have met were nutballs so emersed in conspiracy theorism and bullshit that they don't have what it takes to hold any kind of office, they shouldn't even be allowed in the post office for that matter. It sucks because some of their finest points need to be made. But they will always be looked at by the majority as out of control children trying to overthrow their govt. instead of being taken seriously. What has really sucked about the last two elections for me was having to decide who not to vote for.

Screw politics! Arm yourselves and learn how to survive. Get it while you still can.

+1. They all disgust me. Selfish ambition and corruption. When I hear Hillary Clinton speak I think of the smooth tongued serpent in the Garden of Eden. She is one evil bitch.

Wolvie

In a close election I usually vote for the candidate with the best 2nd ammendment position. Otherwise I vote Libertarian or independant. They may not have a snowball's chance in hell-- BUT-- You can bet your ass the other parties note how many votes they got, and if it is significant they will move to the center to chase our votes. Politicians are whores. Money whores. Vote whores. And yes--they are ALL screwing anything they can. Bubba was a virgin compared to congress. I doubt there is a single brown star on capitol hill that hasn't been popped!

G O B