Breitbart is good to go.

Thats just the NSA noting your frequenting the site, even it is just once...  You're obviously a subversive, conservative, potential domestic terrorist.

Yep. Especially since your reading an article related to guns on a site primarily conservative.

• Like 3

Not to be a dick, but I'll reserve judgment until I know the full story.  Was this

A. just some normal guy minding his own business when his door got kicked in and 3 armed assholes beat the shit out of him for no reason?

or

B. some crack dealing asshole who was getting robbed by 3 armed assholes because he had a ton of cash or raped the sister of on of the attackers?

I hope it's A, but without the full story I'm skeptical. 

I don't care what the situation is, even if you're in the right for kicking his ass or worse.

You storm a man's castle, expect to get shot.

That said, I hope it was A too, but it seems from the original story and TV news report, that he and the assailants knew each other.

The police were further questioning the shooter.

• Like 4

Maybe you should change your name to Captain Obvious.  Kidding!  boxing.gif   biggrin.png  

Even with perfect shot placement it's better to have have expanding or fragmenting ammo in order to avoid overpenetration.  But since the real world offers no guarantees of perfection I'd use ammo that explodes, electrocutes, poisons, and incinerates if I could find it.

Eduted becoz I camt spel

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

Maybe you should change your name to Captain Obvious.  Kidding!  boxing.gif   biggrin.png  

Even with perfect shot placement it's better to have have expanding or fragmenting ammo in order to avoid overpenetration.  But since the real world offers no guarantees of perfection I'd use ammo that explodes, electricutes, poisons, and incinerates if I could find it.

laugh.png

I keep my '74 loaded with Hornady Vmax for less chance of OP.

Well to be fair, once you're done killing one assailant the others generally lose motivation.

A lot like why a dog is such a good deterrent. Nobody wants to be the first to get bit.

Multiple dogs are even better! ;)

Gotta love the "Gunshine State"! Glad the victim was able to get to his weapon.

7.62x39, at close range, usually passes clean through soft muscle-tissue.

So does 5.56 NATO but our pipe hitters are killing bad guys every day in close quarters with it. If a "Controlled Pair" doesn't convince someone to lay down and play dead, a third in the brain cavity will for sure. Word to the wise, put two rounds on center mass and instinctively be prepared to follow up with a third to their face. Lots of documented cases of armed intruders wearing body armor. (You should be able to achieve a headshot within the confines of your home). The good defensive ammo is still moving super fast and at close range, it may pass through before fully expanding and fragmenting and react like FMJ hitting the target.
  • Like 1

I remember seeing an x-ray of an officer that had shot himself in the thigh with his M4. It was nasty. It broke his thighbone and the wound-channel was easy to see.

I've heard stories about .22 bouncing around inside the victim.

Edited by Sim_Player

Well to be fair, once you're done killing one assailant the others generally lose motivation.

or are more motivated if you just emptied both barrels of your Biden special!

I remember seeing an x-ray of an officer that had shot himself in the thigh with his M4. It was nasty. It broke his thighbone and the wound-channel was easy to see.

I've heard stories about .22 bouncing around inside the victim.

Yep. pretty common in the skull. An acquaintance's best friend was killed by a .22 ricochet that went in his eye and did that.