Yes, a good quality leather holster with 2 belt loops (wide), IWB or OWB works the best for me. Hardly notice it's there.

Also, if the belt loops are further apart, and not on the side of the holster, the whole thing is much thinner and easier to wear and conceal.  :)

• Like 1

I carry a full size SR9, in a similar holster to Alien, A local guy makes them, don't know if I'd go with the swivel clips again.

I think fixed would be much easier to get on

OH, I carry small of my back, centered, for me, other positions don't seem as comfortable.

I have a Desantis Intruder than I have customized. I riveted a ball cap visor to it to give me protection from grip and re set the cant of the holster . Carry it about 5:00 at the back . The grip  blends as it is almost strait up.

I carry a XDM 40 about the size of a 1911 and you can tuck your shirt in. It will carry close  at 3:00 but not as nice .  I have a lot of miles on this holster and my Remora. Remoras work well an now come with a sweat shield .

Just got one for the Glock 27 and it is real comfortable cannot feel the grip. Also Nate Squared make a great holster as well.

1911 are a bit heavy and if your gun is with you all the time I recommend a carry belt from BLACK HAWK as they do not give and sag and will hold any holster tight all day every day.I have found that many times its the belt and not the holster that gives the problem.

Galco Miami Classic shoulder rig is awesome, because I sit and drive quite a bit, it's also got the extra mag pouches which is nice considering the 1911 capacity. I also use a serpa when I can wear a jacket, and I've got a bianchi 100 series that gets used here and there. Those Alien gear holsters look like they might be added to my collection next though...

I carry my 1911-ish Ruger P90 in a Bianchi Shadow holster.

I think this is the most accurate parallel to the current STYLE model holster in the Bianchi line (they don't list 1911 in this model, but I'm sure there is one close to it if you look around):

http://bianchi-intl.com/model-56-serpent

It's been a great holster and as soon as I'm comfortable with carrying my G-21 (nothing against Glocks, I love them, I'm just not comfortable yet) I'll be buying one of these.

I'll also aid that my Bianchi as seen it all for over a decade and looks like it's ready to go for another decade easily... It was expensive, but it's holding up well.