Jerry Miculek Testing Magpul 7.62x39 Mag

To let the customers pay them to do their product testing for them.

That and I'm sort of nitpicky about calling the rifle an RPK when it's not.. Yes my comment below the video is the guy nerding out about the details of what is and isn't an RPK. I was surprised to be the only commenter that noticed he was just shooting the long-barreled WASR, AKA AES-10

• Like 2

Jerry is FOS on knowing how to handle an AK.  I have seen him, in person, several time, using an AK in demonstrations and/or compettions using an AK platform.  HE AND HIS DAUGHTER BOTH shoot S-12's on the 3-gun circuit....  Anyway....  I digress...

I agree  and acknowledge that MagPul, P-Mags are some of the best DOMESTICALLY produced AR rifle mags available.  I think MagPul using Jerry to hawk their new product so early on is sad.... (without testing them somewhere else first).  That he agreed to it (this early in their development) is sad too.

I'd like to try one, but I won't fill an ammo pouch with any of them until I see how they handle "strenuous" , "real world" use....

Surplus mags are cheap enough and reliable enough for me at this point.

Macbeau sends....

• Like 1

No, only Kay shoots a Saiga 12 for Open 3 Gun Competition.  Jerry shoots a Mossberg under contract, Kay and Lena both shoot  Mossbergs when they shoot Tactical Scoped Division.

Jack

I personally saw him AND his daughter shoot S-12's in 2009 at the Ft Benning 3-gun.

I had him sign my pass....

Macbeau sends...

No, only Kay shoots a Saiga 12 for Open 3 Gun Competition.  Jerry shoots a Mossberg under contract, Kay and Lena both shoot  Mossbergs when they shoot Tactical Scoped Division.

Jack

I personally saw him AND his daughter shoot S-12's in 2009 at the Ft Benning 3-gun.

Macbeau sends...

Benning????? What do you know about Benning?

post-10574-0-88478600-1392851983.jpg

Jerry is FOS on knowing how to handle an AK.  I have seen him, in person, several time, using an AK in demonstrations and/or compettions using an AK platform.  HE AND HIS DAUGHTER BOTH shoot S-12's on the 3-gun circuit....  Anyway....  I digress...

I agree  and acknowledge that MagPul, P-Mags are some of the best DOMESTICALLY produced AR rifle mags available.  I think MagPul using Jerry to hawk their new product so early on is sad.... (without testing them somewhere else first).  That he agreed to it (this early in their development) is sad too.

I'd like to try one, but I won't fill an ammo pouch with any of them until I see how they handle "strenuous" , "real world" use....

Surplus mags are cheap enough and reliable enough for me at this point.

Macbeau sends....

I've been using one lately. Functions perfectly but if you want something that will stand up like that, then you will need to stick to steel mags (at least steel reinforced) hopefully they will release the steel reinforced version soon.

Jack

Macbeau sends...

Bull shit!  They are good friends of mine, we shoot together and I build Kays Saiga 12 shotguns for competition.

Lena does not even shoot Open Division 3 gun and Jerry has NEVER shot a Saiga in competition. 

I was probably at that match, as I shot most of the Benning matches.

You need to give it up!!

Here is the link to the information about Kay's shotgun:  http://www.bang-inc.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=13

Jack

Jack

Macbeau sends...

Benning????? What do you know about Benning?

attachicon.gif1896956_10152265887691340_1504948485_n.jpg

Fix Bayonets!

$1.97

I wonder if steel will last longer than plastic?

Steel reinforced mags would be the only one I would consider.

How much are the plastic generation 1 magazines?

If they are more than 15 bucks it just wont make any sense to buy one.

MagPul can give me some for free and I'll be happy to test the shit out of it.  I could reproduce as close as I can some of the tests I read a Marine unit subjected Magpul Pmags to.

Bet they don't have the balls to do it though.  They have to know if somebody actually tested the shit out of their AK mags without the reinforcements that they will fail miserably.

But if they want me to pay for the mags... No...

you pay jerry or another competition  shooter enough money and  they'll fall all over themselves  saying how PRO-MAGs as fantastic

I haven't had any problems with Pro Mags and they worked reliably for me.  I didn't subject them to military standard testing but I did have problems with the TAPCO AK mags in the Saiga not working properly.

I am a big fan of Magpul, but i just don't understand the lack of steel. They have said those are coming, but why not hold off release until the mags with the steel inserts are in production?

Who would buy up their plastic test-runs and pay for investment costs, if the steel-lipped versions were also available?

Magpul knows that while AR guys eat their stuff up, AK boys have higher standards of reliability. If we didnt, we'd be using ARs! tongue.png

Actually, after buying a few Lancer AR mags (steel reinforced) my Magpuls are going into storage as backup range mags. They work OK for 5.56 but suck for 300BLK.

I am a big fan of Magpul, but i just don't understand the lack of steel. They have said those are coming, but why not hold off release until the mags with the steel inserts are in production?

Who would buy up their plastic test-runs and pay for investment costs, if the steel-lipped versions were also available?Magpul knows that while AR guys eat their stuff up, AK boys have higher standards of reliability. If we didnt, we'd be using ARs! :PActually, after buying a few Lancer AR mags (steel reinforced) my Magpuls are going into storage as backup range mags. They work OK for 5.56 but suck for 300BLK.

Lancer mags are great. I've been using some of these lately. Still use my PMags some though.