On a serious note.....things are pretty tense. Getting worse by the days/hours. You all think its going to cause a dry up in the Russian arms and ammo?

Already noticed myself it seems like some vendors are selling out of ammo that has been in stock for months.

Just food for thought. We are past due for a bit of panic buying anyhow. wink.png

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are going to panic... do it early.  

Eventually we are all going to have to come to the realization that your not going to get ammo at 10 year ago prices anymore. Welcome to the new norm. Gun powder for consumers will be a thing of the

It's talk like this that starts the panic wheel in motion. Use your head and don't panic. It will drive up the price for all of us. I swear, this country is never going to get used to crisis. It's al

Some vendors are pulling it. Its not selling out.

I'm not buying any more guns. I hope I don't regret it.

Sanctions would hurt the whole nation badly. Gas will go past $5 a gallon, along with a host of other things.

I hope the people running this show have enough brains to figure out this is unwise.

If they crash the economy to punish Russia they can expect wide spread rioting..

I will admit. I snatched up the last 1k rounds of military classic they had. But I also was in the market for some HP ammo anyway. I have used up almost everything i had and have just been putting off getting more.

So i was past due. Figured this was a good a time as any

Why do you think they would they pull it?

So they can put it back on the shelf in a week or two for substantially more money. People see stuff starting to be "out of stock", and they panic causing them to pay more than they normally would.

Edited by Semper299
  • Like 1

Why do you think they would they pull it?

So they can put it back on the shelf in a week or two for substantially more money. People see stuff starting to be "out of stock", and they panic causing them to pay more than they normally would.

My exact thoughts also.

It's talk like this that starts the panic wheel in motion. Use your head and don't panic. It will drive up the price for all of us.

I swear, this country is never going to get used to crisis. It's all about panic. When the real shit goes down this country will destroy

and implode it's self very quickly from within. WE ARE ALL DOOMED.

• Like 3

So if any kind of real trade sanction happens do yall think other sources would step in to fill the gap? The week before last i picked up 1k of golden tiger to keep long term, now this shit happens and im wondering if i should risk the wifes wrath n snag another case... damnitt i got other things ive been wanting to get lol!

Eta: ill more than likely stay focused and not feed the frenzy thats probably going to ensue.

Edited by LuPiN8oR

So if any kind of real trade sanction happens do yall think other sources would step in to fill the gap? The week before last i picked up 1k of golden tiger to keep long term, now this shit happens and im wondering if i should risk the wifes wrath n snag another case... damnitt i got other things ive been wanting to get lol!

Eta: ill more than likely stay focused and not feed the frenzy thats probably going to ensue.

See post #8 haha.gif

• Like 2

Make that over 100k rounds...of just one brand, one day, one vendor.

He may have more of this old stock on hand that will be re-listed, but volume of sales today is a clear message.

Maybe all of this will blow over, but I have to recommend that anyone that's not already stocked up on Russian calibers hedge their bets at least a little bit and pick up a case or two. (5.45, 7.62x39, 7.62x54r)  I know that this is how panics start but much like Rhode's said, it's better to be ahead of the trend. 

Even if no restrictions go into place, I could see vendors hesitant to put in new orders, not knowing if they will ever make it to the U.S. due to the uncertain nature of this whole situation.  If they put off new orders for a month or two, all that is for sale at current prices will dry up.   I'm admittedly ignorant on how that process works, but I would bet that vendors need to send at least partial payment to get it on the boat over here, and I can guess as to the refund policy of the Russians if it's seized by customs.

As we've seen over the last year, it's very easy for supply to dry up.  There was never even any mention of banning ammo during the crisis but look how the market reacted.   While I see the possibility of import restrictions as real, that's just speculation.  The market's reaction on the other hand is already playing out.  

So, those without a good supply find themselves with a conflict of interest.   It's in their personal best interest to buy now while prices are low(ish) and stock is available, but if everybody does this, it will accelerate scarcity and bite everyone in the ass.

Damned if you do... 

Make that over 100k rounds...of just one brand, one day, one vendor.

I helped!! I bought the "last two"

I've been meaning to restock the 5K I shot since 09' figured that aged ammo was not going to stick around much longer.

My buying was not a panic, it was just a realization that prices would not be going down for awhile longer.

I'm something of a Jonah, so prices should plummet any moment now. 

And now they are showing another 96 cases... Man they must have a mountain of that stuff.

• Like 1

I have a couple thousand rounds of x39 and close to a thousand of the x54. I have always thought something like this could/would happen so I hedged my bets with two .308/ x51 guns......however, I might take a look at a local place that has a large web business for the Russian ammo, I'll let Y'all know what's up wink.png

Well fukme...They've either pulled it all or sold out http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/762x39_ammo.html

Edited by AA re-cvrd

Its not a panic until everyone makes it one. If people wouldnt pay stupid prices then shit would stay relatively steady. Ive been stacking up since the last round of bullshit. Im done paying bullshit prices for shit ammo.

• Like 1

They just put out the good stuff.  (Golden Tiger)

lol i bet that goes fast! they probably have been saving it for a rainy day. I have a good stock of it i cant bring myself to shoot. Wish i could grab some! but im good. Needed some good HPs

ha! 3 cases sold while i was typing! the clock it ticking. ohmy.png

Edited by Chevyman097

I bought cases of shit a couple weeks back, lol.

Nothing's gonna happen with Russia. Thw western media is wildly misreporting what is actually going on, but people are beginning to understand Russia's actions.

The EU isn't going to do shit. The US isn't going to do shit. Ukraine is going to either split in half or the rebellion is going to die out when they realize the EU has zero interest in taking Ukraine as a member.

All IMO.

I bought cases of shit a couple weeks back, lol.

Nothing's gonna happen with Russia. Thw western media is wildly misreporting what is actually going on, but people are beginning to understand Russia's actions.

The EU isn't going to do shit. The US isn't going to do shit. Ukraine is going to either split in half or the rebellion is going to die out when they realize the EU has zero interest in taking Ukraine as a member.

All IMO.

But since it is all over the news, I can tell my wife that I may never be able to get cheap russian ammo, cheap ever again.  So it works out for the best, whether theres something to worry about or not.

• Like 1