so how long do you guys think one should hold on to their saiga rifle or shotgun before cashing in on the panic thats sure to set in. How high does everyone think they will get? Will it be worth waiting years or sell when the panic is high. 

Thought? comment? insults?

• Like 1

If I had to guess, the soonest local peak will probably be 1-2 months after the current batch of in-stock new Saigas runs out and people are scrambling to find something, anything, before they're all gone. Then they'll settle back down to probably something like 30% or so above what they were going for a month ago, and gradually go up in price over the years - aside from the usual panics, when their value will spike along with everything else black and evil. Prices for various calibers will vary depending on ammo availability - if cheap steel-cased 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 are no longer coming into the country, rifles in .223 will probably be more desirable. If Veprs keep coming in, the S-12 won't pick up as much value as it will if Veprs are also banned. Since there's a pretty decent chance we'll fully normalize relations with Russia and lift all sanctions within a few years, I'd say your best bet for raping the market and being a massive dickbag will be a month or two after the distributors run out. That's about the time when the douchebag outfits like CTD will start pulling out "OMG LAST IMPORTED SAIGA EVAR!!!!!!1!" sales at crazy inflated prices from the stock of firearms they're purchasing right now from importers and distributors and squirreling away for future exploitation.

• Like 4

I'm actually surprised it took this long. After the study of importability im sure that have been trying to figure out a work around.

I told all my friends when they dropped the price of vepr12s to 800 that it was KC trying to make as much money as they could before the us gov shut it down.

• Like 1

Its only a panic if its not real.  The ban is indeed real. If you sell it, you will likely not be able to replace it for a VERY long time.

Those that are "panic" buying up all the saigas are smart. Its not really panic buying in my book. They are just buying up the last of what isnt going to be here much longer.

• Like 2

Its only a panic if its not real. The ban is indeed real. If you sell it, you will likely not be able to replace it for a VERY long time.

Those that are "panic" buying up all the saigas are smart. Its not really panic buying in my book. They are just buying up the last of what isnt going to be here much longer.

True, Ill never sell my vepr12. But I can get a us made equivalent of my s308 in.the form or an ar10, 762 saiga? Any other ak is pretty much the same. Same.how's for 545 and 556. The scatter guns on the other hand are Perry much the only game in semi mag fed shotguns. So the vepr is mine forever.

hi guys! I was offline here and there and not keeping up with the trends in the gun biz...

is there another panick for Saiga shotguns going on?

guess its that time of year. let's hope I'm not wrong on this one being bullshit like the 5.45.... that was messed up.

so how long do you guys think one should hold on to their saiga rifle or shotgun before cashing in on the panic thats sure to set in. How high does everyone think they will get? Will it be worth waiting years or sell when the panic is high. 

Thought? comment? insults?

Never sell. Will them to your kids they will thank you for it future generations down the road.

• Like 1

If it is of a type that can be replaced or even upgraded then absolutely.

x39 AKs are common and plenty of good ones around.

223 is just simple stupid.

308 can also be replaced with a GOOD FAL, no problem at all with those.

But the shotguns, there really isnt anything else to compare with the Russians. Those I would not sell.

Those that bought their Saiga 12 for $799 can now probably get $1000 or more. There is a panic buyer around every corner.021.gif

But the shotguns, there really isnt anything else to compare with the Russians. Those I would not sell.

cough, cough……MKA, BORRA, FIREBIRD, and many more soon to follow.

Personally, I think this Russian ban is great, maybe it will get us Americans off our lazy asses and start making shit here in America again.

I would love to see an importation ban on China and the rest of the world for that matter.

• Like 1

hi guys! I was offline here and there and not keeping up with the trends in the gun biz...

guess its that time of year. let's hope I'm not wrong on this one being bullshit like the 5.45.... that was messed up.

No panic. There has been a ban implemented on Russian weapons imports. And its not bullshit.

• Like 1

Considering that many bought their Saigas at under $400 (or under $500 for the shotties) the temptation must be terrible for the more mercenary among us.

Oh that I had bought a dozen of each at those prices lol.

But I would let this market stew for a few weeks, if the ban lifts so be it if not the price could double from where it currently resides. 

Banned weapons have a quality all their own.

Considering that many bought their Saigas at under $400 (or under $500 for the shotties) the temptation must be terrible for the more mercenary among us.

But I would let this market stew for a few weeks, if the ban lifts so be it if not the price could double from where it currently resides.

If the ban is not lifted(it likely will not be anytime soon) prices will more than double.....triple possibly even quadruple in the next few years.

If the ban is not lifted(it likely will not be anytime soon) prices will more than double.....triple possibly even quadruple in the next few years.

And the people I really feel sorry for are the ones who will actually pay that.

• Like 1

First of all this is a sanction, sanctions get lifted all the time, I am worried, but have not given up all hope that they will one day be lifted.  The rifles that should sell at a premium are those which there is not comparable replacement.  This would include all VEPR rifles, due to their heavier barrel, all shotguns, as Russia is the only one that makes AK shotties and the Saiga 308 as it has a chrome lined bore.  You Saiga x39, 5.45, and .223 really aren't worth much more as there are comparable and better options (Bulgarian). 

If anyone offers you anything infalted on something that you can replace, sell it.  Sell your Saiga and get an Arsenal Bulgarian.  Right now unconverted S12's are going for a big premiuim, but people really aren't buying restored S12's as of yet.

I saw somebody trying to sell a Saiga 7.62x39 for $3000, think how dumb this is when you could buy 3 brand new Bulgy rifles for that price.  Now not everyone behaves rationally, so if someone will give you that much for your Saiga, more power to you.

No panic. There has been a ban implemented on Russian weapons imports. And its not bullshit.

Well, SHIT! That asshole do some exec action or was it related to their black ops in Ukraine to force the EU and US oil interestes in their unfracked oil fields? Fucking Obama is the worst commie ever.

• Like 1

Those that bought their Saiga 12 for $799 can now probably get $1000 or more. There is a panic buyer around every corner.021.gif

cough, cough……MKA, BORRA, FIREBIRD, and many more soon to follow.

Personally, I think this Russian ban is great, maybe it will get us Americans off our lazy asses and start making shit here in America again.

I would love to see an importation ban on China and the rest of the world for that matter.

From what I have seen those are fairly pricey options.

Can not really see getting out of a Saiga 12 with the cash to do it, maybe that will change.

People are asking 3k doesn't mean they are getting it. S12 bids on gun

Broker are in the 900 range. Vepr12s are getting bids as high as 1350. S308 the highest bid was 600 something.

There were plenty of Russian guns with people adding outrageous amounts. I saw one s12 listed that was non converted with barrel shroud rails lasers lights bottle opener and pocket pussy and crapco stock for 3k, no bids.