Things appear to be working out

Question

By the good grace of an upper power, I received my parts back from Paul yesterday.  Pics attached to confirm.  He included a sincere sounding note, gas port gauges, and a sticker.  This REALLY made me day!  Now the million dollar question, why am I the first to receive their parts?

I have made a pretty hard effort in getting my parts back.  I sent Paul boxes to ship my parts back on two occasions… once with a check for money to ship them and once with a prepaid label so he could just pack and ship them free to him.  I will note my check was NOT cashed, and the prepaid label was NOT used.  Paul finished my parts (they look AMAZING) and shipped them back to me on his own dime.  I believe Paul is a good guy deep down and really did hit some troubles that turned this situation bad for all of us.

I am local to the Salem/Portland area, so I filed a police report in Salem.  An officer was actually able to reach Paul via phone and spoke with him.  I don’t know what the phone number was, but it was not the (971) or (503) number posted on here.  At Paul’s request, the officer could not release the number to me.  Paul said he had had a rough year and was going through tough times.  He said my parts were about half done and would have them done in a about a week and a half.  That was about a month ago. 

A couple of weeks ago I actually went to the Molalla address that was posted on here and talked with a fellow who claimed to be Mark Pawloski but did not know of a Paul Pawloski.  I did that about a week and a half ago.  The man didn’t sound like Paul in the Youtube videos, but did sound like the voicemail greeting on the (971) number.

I make the note that I shipped my parts to Paul 6/25/13, so I am not near the front of the line.  I think Paul got scared that I was involving the authorities and was actively looking for him.  I am extremely happy to have my parts back but very perplexed why I got my parts before anyone else has (at least before anyone that posts on here).  Paul obviously can perform work now, and his note indicates he can finish the workload he has.

I am sorry to say I have had no contact with Paul since June of 2013, so I cannot offer any assistance to anyone trying to contact him.  With this, all I can say is Paul still has the parts.  It sure seems like he is a man of his word that he wants to make good on his promises.  The parts returned are mine.  I know this by the serial on the bolt and carrier but also because I custom profiled my hammer to function with my LRBHO.  After installing the internals, it test cycles and fires on snap caps. 

I believe Paul has everyone’s parts still and has the capability to finish them.  I think he was scared that I might get to him, so he finished my parts and got them to me.  I thank him gratefully for that, but plead him to make good with everyone else as soon as he can before he gets into any trouble.  Another note I will make it that I never bad mouthed Paul on the forums or left him any nasty messages.  All the voicemails, emails, and letters I sent were polite and professional.  That may have played to my advantage; acting threatening and childish usually doesn't get you anywhere in life anyhow.  If the bickering and name calling on here stops... maybe Paul will feel more obligated to help everyone else out.  Could be a combination of things, but it worked for me, I got my parts back from Paul. Finished.

post-41061-0-44764500-1408108997_thumb.jpg

post-41061-0-48056300-1408109128_thumb.jpg

post-41061-0-07470300-1408109156_thumb.jpg

Edited by yfzrevo450
  • Like 3
  • Answers 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

I can say from experience that being a moderator is not easy. I did it in a forum that was a piece of cake compared to this one and it was still hard work. Being a moderator here and even semi-patient

I was 1st on the list I had the RSB, I'm happy to report I received my parts today as promised.

Drove up and had a great visit with Shannon from Cobra's Custom and left my parts #001 in his very capable hands to get done like they should be. I saw and handled a lot of his work that he did on an

Posted Images

Hello.
My apologies for my absense. 
I am by no means a businessman. I'm a diagnosed High Functioning Autistic with a Panic Disorder & OCD  who just so happened to take a special interest in the S-12 to the point of mastery. "Special Interests" for people like myself are pretty much all consuming obsessions.

I ran my small business by the seat of my pants. No education, business plan, etc. Parts would come in, I'd use the money to upgrade supplies to make production more efficient, complete the work then ship it out. I had no foresight whatsoever about slow periods or catastrophes.

Long story short, I got buried to the point I had to stop taking orders. I lived off selling the vast majority of my guns, ammo stocks, safe, etc... for a year while turning out parts at a slower pace. I don't want to play "the retard card" but between fighting for our 2A rights at the city halls, the capitol, in the streets, etc..., Trying to continue my work, and caring for my best friend who was a recovering heroin addict who I moved from Portland to Salem to get him away from his situation, I was also taken out of my own situation, routines, support structure, business contacts/suppliers, everything and everyone I've ever known, etc... and I lost my fucking mind.
Reading this forum only added to it. I never intentionally lied. I always had the best of intentions, but I failed left and right. It got to the point that the same questions were constantly being asked and I had no answer so rather than mentally losing my shit I just turned email off.

Then I got into it with a moderator who attacked me for calling my workmanship "The Best" and I said "fuck it all". That was a consistent issue here. One can work their ass off and produce the highest quality the world has ever seen, or will ever see again on a platform, but once you say you're the best, behind the scenes you get a pack of no talent assclown jackles and their friends attacking you. You people wouldn't believe the crap that people pass of as professional in the firearms community. I've seen it all, from "respected" builders doing nothing other than drilling the hell out of the ports, to chester the molester welding on vertical charging handles with a Harbor Freight Flux core wirefeed welder, leaving porosity and flux pockets that he covered up with bondo. Not to mention the guy who would use locktite to secure gas pistons. But I was crucified behind the scenes for mentioning any of this.

Everything got to be too much. There was drinking involved to numb the pain of failure, but that wasn't the main contributing factor. I had hundreds of threatening emails & PMs, emails encouraging me to eat a bullet (which I almost did several times), People threatening my family and even going to my parent's house which resulted in one guy staring down the barrel of my father's .38 & almost getting a bullet between the eyes on his doorstep after acting threatening.
I was trying to catch up, but after all that then becoming homeless, I panicked and completely shut down. I just couldn't handle it anymore. Reading this forum made me contemplate suicide, and while I wouldn't personally mind going, that would just kill my parents, and being as the act is telling God that you have no faith in him, I believe that would land me straight into hell.

Previously I had to sell my milling machine & a bunch of vital tools to pay rent and get a POS car just to live in and look for work.
I used my then-limited welding skill to land a 11.00 per hour job and bought a 1986 34' class motorhome to live in. 
When the lady from the Dept of Justice contacted me, she saw my living situation and thought it would be a good idea to keep the parts for safe-keeping, and not knowing how I was going to catch up with no shop, I relented. Likely a good thing, because if you're living in an RV and it gets towed, you lose EVERYTHING that was in it.

I kept several sets of Steve Rosenburg's ("lifeguard") because he had filed a police report and I must figure out how to complete them to fulfill our contract or get the arrest warrant dropped first. I kept another set of parts from a guy who filed with Salem PD for the same reason. Additionally I found 7 sets where all the profiling was completed and only the polishing is left in a blaster and the work-chest that I used to work out of.
In my homelessness I stored many of my tools that I had left over including the chest with the parts at a friend's parent's house in their shed, but then he was incarcerated for a few years so I had no access to them until he just got out recently. The way his folks saw it they weren't going to let their son's friends loot his shit while he was away.
Anyhow, I now have access to them, so if the DOJ didn't have your parts, I probably still do.
Tomorrow I will be heading out and collecting all parts and organizing them the best I can then trying to get in contact with the owners.
I assure people, no parts have EVER been sold, stolen or misplaced other than 1 time when Fed-Ex lost a set and I purchased a brand new S-12 to part out to replace them with.

As for getting people's money back, I estimate I owe a combined 8 grand or so which I do intend on eventually paying. It's just going to take a lot of work to raise the money and a bit of time to figure out who I owe. I have some paperwork left over, but some is lost as well.

There's really not much I can say other than that.
If I'm a piece of shit. I'm sorry. I never meant anybody any harm and it really hurts to think about my failure.
If lack of contact makes me a bad person, well I guess I'm bad in people's eyes. I just couldn't handle it anymore. I lost my shit and was admitted to the VA psych ward in a state of psychosis for a while where they put me on Risperidone so I wasn't constantly freaking out, panicking and isolating from the world when overwhelmed. 
Anyhow, my posts are under mod preview and I can't post in this sub-forum, so I'll try to see if the last several sets can be worked out here.

Anyhow, I really am sorry for the clusterfuck this has all been.
I never expected to go bankrupt or for the business to go under.
I always did have the best of intentions.
Peace and grace.
Paul

• Sad 1

All boxes given to the DOJ had contact info in them.
If the DOJ said they didn't have your parts, please post your name and the last 3 digits of your gun's serial # here.
I'm having paperwork issues with the last several sets that were in process before I lost my last place and stored everything.

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.