After they announced this rifle in '12 and then nothing for 2 years I figured it was vaporware.

But they're shipping now and I look forward to seeing some reviews. 

The thing that has kept me away from 7.62x39 ARs is the shitty mags.

I hope the rifle does well and they come out with a pistol.  Cause that's what I'm  really waiting for.

And before somebody points it out, nope, drums won't fit.

EDIT:  There is a review from G&A

post-4831-0-47095500-1410109417.png

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

The thing that has kept me away from 7.62x39 ARs is the shitty mags.

This was an issue years ago but today the mags available are GTG. I have not had one problem with mags and the ASC 20 rounders work great. I also use modified Emags for a 5.45x39 variant and they work 100% but I only load 25. The mag pictured on the x39 is a modded mag that are no longer made.

photoar47_zps40a053fd.jpg

photoAR74_zps9b78c420.jpg

I hope Colt does bring it to the civvie market.  I don't care to do business with Colt myself but that rifle looks all business.  Not elegant.  Not subtle.  Like a brick in the face.

post-4831-0-80566900-1410233146_thumb.jpg

Well you can rebarrel it with out having to use a sledge hammer

new bolt or carrier or firing pin or springs or stocks or handguards or sights or optics or rails or match triggers or ambi safetys or muzzle devices ect... just a call away.

but i like AKs too

ps  thumbs up on the indian....times 10 if its an old one pre 1953

But can you roll in the mud with it and take it under a murky swamp and still bust off 100 rounds….. 

and with a 75 rnd drum you don't need no fancy optics….you will eventually hit your target.14_6_12.gif

Sorry for thread drift Darth

but I can roll in the swamp with an AR and it still works.

and I have beta mags...100rnds

and I dont need to transport a cheese sandwich in my receiver.

Crazy inaccurate fire may eventually hit your target.

but the target might just send one precise round backsuper_man.gif

If they did it right, it should be decently reliable since many of the AR-15s reliability issues are due to the magazine being straight for half of its length.

DI is not as much of the problem as people make it seem.

Should be a good option, provided AR users can figure out how to roll a magazine in instead of just kinda sorta jamming it in the hole.

If they did it right, it should be decently reliable since many of the AR-15s reliability issues are due to the magazine being straight for half of its length.

DI is not as much of the problem as people make it seem.

Should be a good option, provided AR users can figure out how to roll a magazine in instead of just kinda sorta jamming it in the hole.

Real gun people can pick up any gun off of any battlefield and be profecient

What about 7.62x39? Isn't it a shitty caliber not worthy of being incorporated into anything other than a crudely made implement for ignorant peasants or camel fucking jihadis to wield? Sure seems like every other article I read in The Shotgun News these days is saying as much.

How dare they ruin an implement of precision marksmanship like an AR by utilizing this bastard Russki round! Everyone know the 6.5 Grendel is the super round for todays tactical fanboy crowd, and arsenals worldwide should be dumping other calibers into the ocean and building Grendel rifles!  rolleyes.gif

No thanks....my AK and FAL will cover it all as far as I am concerned...022.gif 

I was being flippant, as 762x39 is not a ballistic wonder round.

even the ruskies have abandoned it if favor of the ak74 round.

as long a cheap spam cans of x39 are available, a new platform using cheap and VERY plentiful AK mags is a winner.

And hand loaded x39 with quality projectiles and match barrels can be quite surprising.

I'm going to order one, it will compliment my AK and share ammo and mags.

My Sig 556R fills this role so I won't buy one.  Unless they come out with a pistol.  This with a 10" barrel and a SB15 not-a-stock would be da shit.

As far as the 7.62x39 cartridge, there are loads that hit like a howitzer, and other loads that just make a 30 caliber hole through and through. 

I remain unconvinced of the superiority of the 5.45.  The mere fact that a military adopts a new load doesn't mean it's a step up.  Unfortunately the people making those decisions are not the ones fighting the wars.  Boondoggles, greed, and hubris are the rule rather than the exception.

But will fire fire the foreign ammo? The worst gun I ever had that fired 7.62 x39 was a Ruger mini 30.

That gun would not cycle foreign ammo at all. It would only shoot the expensive american ammo.

I got rid of that jamin' POS as I wanted a rifle that wasn't so ammo picky….Got an AK and a SKS and feed thoes

with whatever is available with no problems ever…..

Im just more of a AK guy, the AR is too dainty of a gun for me.

Grab, Smack, Yank and pull..BAM!

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH
  • Like 1

But will fire fire the foreign ammo? The worst gun I ever had that fired 7.62 x39 was a Ruger mini 30.

That gun would not cycle foreign ammo at all. It would only shoot the expensive american ammo.

I'm pretty sure I read something about this in American Rifleman. Someone complaining that the 7.62x39 ammo used in mini-30's shouldn't be steel because it all sucks and Ruger knows best. Hope this rifle isn't being presented like the Ruger. The fun in x39 calibers is the dirt cheap ammo using steel cases 

Edited by VR6Shooter
  • Like 1

What about 7.62x39? Isn't it a shitty caliber not worthy of being incorporated into anything other than a crudely made implement for ignorant peasants or camel fucking jihadis to wield? Sure seems like every other article I read in The Shotgun News these days is saying as much.

How dare they ruin an implement of precision marksmanship like an AR by utilizing this bastard Russki round! Everyone know the 6.5 Grendel is the super round for todays tactical fanboy crowd, and arsenals worldwide should be dumping other calibers into the ocean and building Grendel rifles!  rolleyes.gif

No thanks....my AK and FAL will cover it all as far as I am concerned...022.gif 

Thre is a prototype AK chambered in that. Built by Krebs. Accuracy at 467 yards is amazing givin the fact that its an AK. Too bad there is only one.

6 inches using Wolf Gold

2.3 inches using Bills ammo (Alexander Arms).

http://www.theakforum.net/forums/64-practical-kalashnikov/131629-what-aks-cant-shoot-you-dip-hit-krebs-6-5-grendel.html

Ok, I gotta ask...  Why does everyone worry so much about long shots?  Most of the shots us keyboard commando's will take in a SHTF situation will be less than 50 yards.

If I wanted to actually kill someone at over 100 yards, I just may grab a different rifle.  Help me understand guys...

• Like 1