Nice butt, Critter. I'm proud in Iow you upheld the "no nips, no lips" rule. Any chance we get to see the inside? Almost dinner time here.

Didn't think to take a photo...its already pulled and served...it did have a nice smoke ring. Used Hickory and apple wood. Rub was brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, ground mustard, couple pinches of red peeper, and smoked paprika.

Edited by sccritterkiller

I am back on my severe diet, (245...220...175?) and I am very very hungry right now and THIS IS NOT FAIR!!! AAAAUUUGHHHHH! HB of CJ (old coot) smile.png

You, Sir, need a furburger. Low-cal, and there's always room for more.

• Like 4

My daughter called a couple weeks ago and the wife answered the phone,  her "Hey what ya doing", wife "nothing, just eating your daddies butt".  Daughter HUNG UP ON HER, then we both realized what the wife had said and busted a gut laughing. Yep, at times, I do smoke a mean butt on the grill, and that was one of them.

That time I got my rub like I wanted, like killer said, it sat in the fridge with rub, but for only about 14 hours, wrapped in foil, then to the grill for about 4 still wrapped, then unwrapped with HEAVY smoke for a couple more. When the wife was eating MY BUTT, she looked at me and said "I can't taste the rub", about 20 seconds later, she looked at me and said "DAMN that's got a bite", started slow, then nice bite, and eased off. If I'd not had too many beers making the rub, I'd be able to tell you what's in it. :)  

The bark on your butt looks GREAT and I bet the taste is fantastic, good looking butt, Boston Butt that is.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

lets hear your guys techniques, and rub recipes? i usually go to amazin ribs .com for all the deets on meets....a

that is a good lookin butt!

I like to start with a good moist butt, tenderize repeatedly, and when the mood is just right I cover it in my special sauce!