Big John, AA re-cvrd, Matthew Hopkins....?????

Well I plan to have a gunsmith do the conversion since I really don't trust myself to be able to do it unless I had someone who knew how to do it looking over my shoulder in person to help.

Along those lines, and since you can't really pay a smith to do it for you, I'm worried about whittling down Vepr mags to fit my 433. I'm really not handy and with things that cost at least 40 for the mags and 1000 for the shotgun I'm not wanting to experiment. 

The pistol grip conversion Is not very difficult, but it does help if you've had some mechanical experience and know how.

Once you get the stock trigger guard off cleanly, you just paint the bare spot on the receiver and put it back together with

the new parts. You don't have to cut the square hole for the pistol grip nut, the bolt on trigger guards are great.

Somebody on the forum in your area would be happy to help you.

• Like 2
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you take an Internet forum too seriously, the end result is either leaving or get banned.   Remember that you are in control of you. If let you someone else gain control of you, that's your fau

I miss the days of Spetsnaz Soldier. The knowledge he held. The wisdom. The numerous conversions... The multiple aliases he had.   Like a Saiga genius.

Wonder what ever happened to Pauly?     I kid. I kid.

was never a complaint... My statement was in response to sunnybean's post..

Juggs,

I hope you realize that my post was more of a observation than a criticism. I know this is hard for some of the folks here to swallow, but I have been a registered republican since age 18. I have voted that way since then. My comment was coming more from getting tired of taking about and debating the issues with folks that have written me off as a jackbooted thug simply because I work for the "man" than from anything else.

It's just not the same place I joined some eight or so years ago. Of course, I'm not the same person as I was then either. Didn't mean to kill the mood. I was just stating my opinion. Which, as usual, has lead to me explaining myself further. So, I'll just go back to shutting the fuck up. ;-)

Edited by sunnybean

Sunny, no issue at all. I don't think any of us are in the same place. I only referenced you as you dropped the right wing theme. The op defended RW standpoint and I stated I didn't have a problem with it. Everyone breath! And let's try to enjoy each others company.

Sunny, no issue at all. I don't think any of us are in the same place. I only referenced you as you dropped the right wing theme. The op defended RW standpoint and I stated I didn't have a problem with it. Everyone breath! And let's try to enjoy each others company.

while he is a big laddie he makes since  lol   ,good night all.

Crap, yeah that's one I forgot. He did a lot if pro 2nd work and I remember a post where his wife wanted him to take some time off before he got burned out. Good level headed guy, wish he was here.

Also, where is mt predator? Good guy also. Haven't seen him in a while

I stayed mostly inactive for probably close to two years.  It was a combination of work/home/school keeping me busy, a lack of current Saiga/AK projects, and the prominence of political posts whenever I did wander in.  I picked up a Vepr 12 a few months back and that's got me back onto this and the vepr dot org forums.  I still don't post like I used to and when I do I try to keep it short and sweet... as well as just avoid the most retarded threads completely. 

• Like 1

I miss the days of Spetsnaz Soldier. The knowledge he held. The wisdom. The numerous conversions... The multiple aliases he had.

Like a Saiga genius.

Oh man remember the knockdown dragout fights he and dubya used to have? Awesomely hilarious. Edited by fatty alcohol
  • Like 4

I miss the days of Spetsnaz Soldier. The knowledge he held. The wisdom. The numerous conversions... The multiple aliases he had.

Like a Saiga genius.

He was like Gecko 45, only without the credentials.

http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

Probably me. i'll happily explain in private messages and ask no one says anything in this thread about me relating to that.

don't think it had anything to do with you

Edited by SmilinEd

Like a Saiga genius.

He was like Gecko 45, only without the credentials.

http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

Probably me. i'll happily explain in private messages and ask no one says anything in this thread about me relating to that.

don't think it had anything to do with you

I'm actually pretty sure that John or some of the members who have gone MIA was in part due to him/her but that is what it is. Not going to get into the whole thread rehashing as I'm pretty sure it just went down the gutter ASAP. 

• Like 1

Ill agree with vr6shooter. There was a specific thread involving several usual members here and it went a bit south. I don't respect ITS opinions, or the fact that IT is even here. But IT was definitely the reason big John lost his shit. To be honest I thought it was a short term break until I realized a few months later I couldn't pm bigjohn

Sad to say we lost a good member for... That.

FWIW I didn't really get along with bigjohn. We had some moderate differences of opinion but realized while different in opinion, we could respect each with some common interests in mind. I miss him

Ill respect a post to not mention any specifics, but its only out if respect to the mods to not have to deal with more bullshit then the actual request. If you have to cower behind pleading requests on the damn Internet where anonymity is prevalent, than your completely fucked in the real world.

Edited by fatty alcohol

I too don't want to start more shit and am trying to be civil. Don't presume I'm cowering or begging, I'm politely requesting people to stop digging up old shit and fixating on it. 

I said shit I shouldn't have, lesson learned, bygones are bygones and all that shit.

Hey gentleman Jim, if your post was meant at me( and I believe it was, let me know.)

I've had no "hateful, and vile speech".

What I have done is call out a certain member for how they present themself. And if I'm wrong, by all means, show me the proof. If you see that as hateful, well, reading that, the truth must hurt you. Maybe you belong somewhere more liberal. Again, I ask, have I ever posted something in regards to this that was a lie? Because the other party has. But that's not very pc to say? Is it?

I don't deal well with liars. To present yourself as a female, yet post pictures of yourself as a lipstick kissed male is misleading and a lie. This is one if the few places I know of where people speak their minds and they are who they are.

If that's not who I can be, give me some warning points or a ban or something. I stand for what I am. I have never lied to a single member of this forum. If that is the wrong behavior, please let me know.

• Like 2

FA, I don't think that was meant at you. If what I remember is correct of the original thread, it got pretty explosive and derogatory. I attempted to help in it and once it went off the deep-end I opted out of any continued input. I think Jim is talking specifically about the thread not your earlier post.

If you take an Internet forum too seriously, the end result is either leaving or get banned.

Remember that you are in control of you. If let you someone else gain control of you, that's your fault.

The written word is often misread, leading to " I am the right one on the Internet ". Which is just stupid.

For me I have way to much going on and PS fried on the PC. To old and blind to keep posting in a 2 font.....

Have fun, much better than say Tikrit...........

• Like 7

I don't miss Big Johns -sick - gross - pictures he would post….

Some of those pictures were just downright wrong. I almost lost my lunch on a few. :lolol:

23_28_108.gif

Shotgun. Yeah like I said. I bigjohn and and I didn't agree a lot. Loved his avatar. That pic of some dude peeing in a chicks mouth because he felt the new member was a troll? Um. Nasty.

But nevertheless, I never felt he misrepresented himself and I respect him for that even if I don't agree with him. Just like you and me. You are very not religious and I am. But we both like knives and saigas and neither of us has ever fiddle fucked our way around where we stand. I while I very much don't agree with you, I respect you for where you stand.

Vr6 shooter. Thank you for the post. I'm not sure where Jim stands- you may very well be right. I know he has been very.. Polarized. On certain subjects. I'm not trying to start a shitstorm. But I will say what I believe. Again, I have had no vile behavior. I have only called someone out on their lack of honesty

To be perfectly honest I work in the construction field. I don't beat around the bush and I don't sugar coat things. I'm not attacking anyone but to be honest if the younger people on this site ( and I have in several posts said that I am one if them) can't deal with a little Internet bullshit then you'll probably end up being a 'barista' or a 'sandwich artist' for the rest of your life and blaming society for why you can't make the payment for your Prius.

• Like 3

If you take an Internet forum too seriously, the end result is either leaving or get banned.

Remember that you are in control of you. If let you someone else gain control of you, that's your fault.

The written word is often misread, leading to " I am the right one on the Internet ". Which is just stupid.

For me I have way to much going on and PS fried on the PC. To old and blind to keep posting in a 2 font.....

Have fun, much better than say Tikrit...........

Very very true. What you said in the beginning could not be more true. But to be honest, to my own fault, I didn't quite understand you last three lines. My fault. Could you explain a little more dad?

• Like 1

Yep, I remember Big John kicking me in the man parts on the Honey BooBoo thread just bcuz I knew most of the characters in the show. Yeah it hurt, but I'm a better person for the man talk.

I responded back by calling him a Prick

Edited by SmilinEd
  • Like 1

John always seemed like the guy in your group of friends that would drink too much, get into something gross and on occasion make you all look really bad at the bar. You could never turn away calling him to come out because part of the fun every night was waiting for the train-wreck to begin. There was often some questionable content from him but I'd say it was more often he had something funny or worthwhile to post. Sucked to see him go but it is just an internet forum and who knows, one day he could make a return. If SS could do it why couldn't John? beer.gif

Edited by VR6Shooter
  • Like 3