Golden Tiger 7.62x39 Available at SGAmmo

It's available at the old price and is not going to last long.  Grab some while you can!
He supposedly has 3,000 cases, but only 1,000 arrived today, so if you miss this round, keep your eye on the website.

• Like 5

I made my order from my android phone and I made a mistake (no reading glasses) so I emailed sga when I got home and asked for the order to be corrected.  They responded within an hour (on a Saturday night) with the correction.

SGAmmo is a family business and they always go the extra mile.

I am an SGA customer for life.  I will never order ammo from someplace else if SGA has what I need.

• Like 4

GT is loaded hot.  Close to 2400fps from a 16" barrel.  Sealed bullet.  Sealed primer.  Boattail bullet which consistently yaws (tumbles) in gel tests.

• Like 4

ok, whats so good about this again? more consistent?

i also read that wolf 154 gr stuff would do better, but havent actually put any on paper

It's like the holy grail of x39, and not very available.

I picked up 2, wish I could've afforded to max out my 20 case limit, hah

• Like 1

Now sold out.   

From Sam's post on arfcom:

I ended up listing the second truck load even though it does not show up until Sunday morning because the first 1000 cases went in an hour, it is slowing down now but still selling fast, I bet the second lot of 1000 will be sold out by the morning if not by midnight, so it will be 2000 cases at that point. From there i plane hold back what is left until these shipments are filled (working this Sunday) and then release whats left Sunday night or Monday some time, at which time I will open up 500 and 100 round lots, and may put some quantity limits in place to spread out what is left

The last 1,000 cases will sell just as fast when that truck arrives.  So those of you that missed out on the first 2 trucks will have a chance if you act quickly.

I got the email this morning that my order is filled.  Ole Sam and family never rest.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

I made my order from my android phone and I made a mistake (no reading glasses) so I emailed sga when I got home and asked for the order to be corrected. They responded within an hour (on a Saturday night) with the correction.

SGAmmo is a family business and they always go the extra mile.

I am an SGA customer for life. I will never order ammo from someplace else if SGA has what I need.

+1

One of the best in the business to deal with.

• Like 1

Well I missed the boat on that one . I was in TENN picking up a truck bed for my son didn't get back until this morning. I guess I will keep watchin and maybe I can snag a couple if there is anymore . Showed minus 2 when I went to the site figures I check SG everyday , and I missed it , out of town for 2 days and it comes in and is gone when I get back that s*cks.

Just shaking my head about the thread over at the files.  Sam decided to respond to some of the bitching.

2 interesting points from the post: 

More GT will be available shortly (but won't last long).

SGA only makes $15 a case on GT (I assume it's similar for other ammos).  Now don't get me wrong, that still makes a nice profit on 3,000 cases.  But they could sell it for $15 a case more and DOUBLE their profit.  And I know I would still buy if it was $15 more.  Most would, so that makes it obvious he's keeping his prices low because he wants to treat his customers well.

And for those bitching they didn't release more half-cases, that's a lot more work breaking up cases and repacking and they don't charge a dime more per round so that's extra work for nothing as far as SGA is concerned.  If I was them I'd charge more for half-cases so I'd get paid for the extra work.  Nobody should work for free.

Originally Posted by sgammo

Wow, what a feisty thread this is. So many things I could respond to here.

Anyway don't take my sponsorship of AR15 so personally, i never realized that there were so many people here that would find that offensive, I have many friends on AKfiles as well, but not my own forum and not a lot of time to post all that info everywhere so I made the post there. Anymore with all the pain I have in my finger tips for typing I try to keep my post confined to that one forum, as it has got to the point where every key stroke is painful from carpal tunnel syndrome. If anyone wants to keep up with what i am doing that would be the place to look. If it makes any difference to you AK's are my gun of choice, not AR's, but I got started at AR15 because it was the forum that people were talking about at the gun shows most regularly so it was a logical place to advertise, and anyway there are not secrets on the internet and the info posted there propagates

Also, cost of GT is the same as always, the ruble does not effect things because the contracts are done in US dollars, if anyone is seeing a boost it is the factory that may get to make some payments in rubles but that does not pay off for the importer or me. I make a net profit of about $15 a case on this stuff after merchant fees, labor and packaging material expense is paid. I could have charged more, but I am a rich enough guy already and not greedy, some things are worth more than money like the loyalty of my good customers. As long as I think I can get the same product or something similar I like to work cheap and make money off doing high volume, keeping prices down and hopefully my customers coming back for more.

As far as the 3 case limit on the last 1000 cases being lame, would it be better that I just sell it all to 3 or 4 people? Because I have them on standby if needed, buyers looking for 100, 200 , 400 cases with funds in hand. I have turned them away on this because I wanted to spread out the inventory to a larger number of clients in the consumer market.

I hope to get caught up on shipping after working this Sunday and on this coming Monday, then release what inventory I have left Monday night or Tuesday.

Best wishes to my friends on AK files, I will not be back for a while but don't take it personally, just remember I have worn out fingertips, a wife, 3 boys and a business to run so I can't spend all my time on forums, not that there is anything wrong with it for those that do. - SG
  • Like 3

Always going to be people to gripe and complain. I appreciate the way Sam does business. He has honor and integrity. He could have charged more for this ammo and he didn't. He has my business, and it is not only because of his pricing, customer service, and fast shipping...it is because he is someone that has earned my business and respect. Everyone bitching can go a take a long walk off a short pier. Take your money elsewhere if you don't like it.

• Like 1

Those numbers are dropping fast. Gone before morning. 

I find myself wanting to buy even more but no more free cash.

Edited by Darth Saigus

Actually I went back and found the post talking about the gov buying GT and he was talking about the local gov and 5.45 so never mind.

Edited by Darth Saigus

Another thing that Sam said that was interesting...  He said GT has been imported all along but the gov has been buying it all.  I know that's going to spin up the tinfoil hats that the gov is doing it to keep us from getting it but wolf and tula and bear have been available so what would be the point of keeping GT from us?

I could be wrong but I thought he was talking about the Russian government buying it up.

Last Call.

Only 30 20 10 cases left.

I checked and it was over 200 cases and then maybe half an hour later it was under 50.

The way the number jumped down I wonder if Sam pulled some back...

And now back to 38 so same as before.  You won't know it's really running out until it's out.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

Just shaking my head about the thread over at the files.  Sam decided to respond to some of the bitching.

2 interesting points from the post: 

More GT will be available shortly (but won't last long).

SGA only makes $15 a case on GT (I assume it's similar for other ammos).  Now don't get me wrong, that still makes a nice profit on 3,000 cases.  But they could sell it for $15 a case more and DOUBLE their profit.  And I know I would still buy if it was $15 more.  Most would, so that makes it obvious he's keeping his prices low because he wants to treat his customers well.

And for those bitching they didn't release more half-cases, that's a lot more work breaking up cases and repacking and they don't charge a dime more per round so that's extra work for nothing as far as SGA is concerned.  If I was them I'd charge more for half-cases so I'd get paid for the extra work.  Nobody should work for free.

Originally Posted by sgammo

Wow, what a feisty thread this is. So many things I could respond to here.

Anyway don't take my sponsorship of AR15 so personally, i never realized that there were so many people here that would find that offensive, I have many friends on AKfiles as well, but not my own forum and not a lot of time to post all that info everywhere so I made the post there. Anymore with all the pain I have in my finger tips for typing I try to keep my post confined to that one forum, as it has got to the point where every key stroke is painful from carpal tunnel syndrome. If anyone wants to keep up with what i am doing that would be the place to look. If it makes any difference to you AK's are my gun of choice, not AR's, but I got started at AR15 because it was the forum that people were talking about at the gun shows most regularly so it was a logical place to advertise, and anyway there are not secrets on the internet and the info posted there propagates

Also, cost of GT is the same as always, the ruble does not effect things because the contracts are done in US dollars, if anyone is seeing a boost it is the factory that may get to make some payments in rubles but that does not pay off for the importer or me. I make a net profit of about $15 a case on this stuff after merchant fees, labor and packaging material expense is paid. I could have charged more, but I am a rich enough guy already and not greedy, some things are worth more than money like the loyalty of my good customers. As long as I think I can get the same product or something similar I like to work cheap and make money off doing high volume, keeping prices down and hopefully my customers coming back for more.

As far as the 3 case limit on the last 1000 cases being lame, would it be better that I just sell it all to 3 or 4 people? Because I have them on standby if needed, buyers looking for 100, 200 , 400 cases with funds in hand. I have turned them away on this because I wanted to spread out the inventory to a larger number of clients in the consumer market.

I hope to get caught up on shipping after working this Sunday and on this coming Monday, then release what inventory I have left Monday night or Tuesday.

Best wishes to my friends on AK files, I will not be back for a while but don't take it personally, just remember I have worn out fingertips, a wife, 3 boys and a business to run so I can't spend all my time on forums, not that there is anything wrong with it for those that do. - SG

All GT at SGAmmo is OOS. I noticed that the 1,000 round price has gone from $234.95 to $249.95 going forward. Still a very fair price! I paid $234.95 when I first bought GT nearly three years ago. Anything else hold the line for three years, especially ammo?

Thanks for the quote, Darth. It is clear to me that Sam has spread his risk by having LOTS of loyal customers, like me, rather than sell all his inventory to a few fat cats who have no loyalty at all...other than to play one vendor off the other. SGAmmo is my first choice source, period.