Hello

That "New World Order" stuff doesn't seem so myth-like lately.

Sure is good to know we have all of those (ahem...) "Representatives" in DC looking out for us though.........

-Guido in Houston

If Obama get his new "Free Trade Bill" approved, he will have the power to enter into agreements without ratifying by Congress. They can only approve/disapprove, with a simple majority, not the normal 2/3 requirement. If said agreement contains a mandate to abide by the UN arms requirements, we could wind up bound by that. Another under the table sleight of hand move to grab the guns!

• Like 2

As you state it, that would not pass consitutional muster. One thing they can't do is delegate specifically delliniated powers. Treaty ratification is one of them. (yes, I know about all the 'switch in time' fiasco and the 4th branch of govt that grew afterward.)

• Like 1

As you state it, that would not pass consitutional muster. One thing they can't do is delegate specifically delliniated powers. Treaty ratification is one of them. (yes, I know about all the 'switch in time' fiasco and the 4th branch of govt that grew afterward.)

Can't would be a bit of stretch as the barrel of a gun knows no can't.

On that matter that collectivist scum Mao got it right, the sooner we stop thinking the right statist going by the right document can fix anything the better our lives will be lived.

Gunfun nailed it in one.  This would be completely non legal and certainly un Constitutional.  It would also been prime evidence of pre mediated high treason.  What is the penalty for that?  Treason prospers because none dare call it treason.  This is why it is so important that we elect or try to un elect the correct people.  We are running out of time.  I for one never thought things could get so bad so fast.  HB

OK:  I will ask the question again.  Did we win the Cold War?  Just thinking here.

• Like 1

Gunfun nailed it in one.  This would be completely non legal and certainly un Constitutional.  It would also been prime evidence of pre mediated high treason.  What is the penalty for that?  Treason prospers because none dare call it treason.  This is why it is so important that we elect or try to un elect the correct people.  We are running out of time.  I for one never thought things could get so bad so fast.  HB

OK:  I will ask the question again.  Did we win the Cold War?  Just thinking here.

Was there ever really a real Cold War or was it something else wrapped in easily marketed fishy assed newsprint?

Events seem to say the matter is unclear.

I was a union member for 9 years. I was also that 1 guy in about 5 that was actually there to work. I was one of the few that realized the company I was working for needed to stay profitable to be financially strong. I always stayed working while others would work a little when the company had to have a certain number of people on a job during a certain phase and would get laid off at the first available opportunity. Most guys in our union were in a competition with one another to see who could do the least work. Guys would brag about doing crossword puzzles all day, brag about leaving all day and coming back at the end of the day to make it look like they were on the job, brag about taking a shit for 2 hours, brag about hiding all day and sleeping off their hangover, brag about how little material they used all day, brag about showing up for 15 minutes and leaving just to get their 2 hour show up time, etc.. They were proud of their sorriness. Over the years, union contractors in our trade went out of business until it has dwindled down to 1 union contractor in our territory. That same local union is about to go under and last I heard there was less than 10% of the membership that were employed locally. Many of the worthless guys in the local chose to work on travel and were happily accepted in some of the Northern territories where unions are more powerful and you are cast out if you do too much work.

An event happened that caused me to leave my union. Each trade has its "work". I was always respectful of even the most minute amount of work that belonged to other trades. For instance, lowering a pipe hangar belonged to the pipefitters. If I needed a pipe hanger lowered, I would consult with the pipefitter's foreman and see if they wanted to send a guy over to do it or if they would rather me do it. There was a very clear line of what was my work and that was all I did unless I was instructed by other crafts to proceed with something they didn't have the time or desire to do that fell under their jurisdiction. Onward, I was on a job where I was doing some of our most hated, nasty work in a very tight space. It was break time and I came out of my hole to find an entire crew of pipefitters doing work that fell under the jurisdiction of my trade. I let their foreman know that we did indeed want that work and that we had a lot of guys on the list that were hungry for work and would be happy to come out the next day, make some money, and do a much better job of it than they were doing. It was our cleanest and lightest work. The foreman told me they would not stop and that I should keep my mouth shut. I called my business agent, which in turn called our international association. The international association directed my business agent to tell me to forget about it. I proceeded to raise absolute hell and excoriated the pipefitters and tell them what shitbags they were for taking food from the mouths of the families of my fellow union members. We had a lot of people "on the bench" at that time, some of which had not gotten work in a long while and it really got under my skin. These people on the bench were guys I had grown very close to over the years. I knew their wives and their kids as well. About 30 minutes later I received a call from the president of the pipefitting company (which is a very powerful force locally) and was told that if I didn't look the other way my local would never have a union man working on one of their jobs again. At that point, I realized that what I had given so much effort and consideration to was a farce and I decided that if my trade was not going to be respected by other union members (supposed "brothers") in other trades that I would close that chapter of my life.... and I did.

Unions are nothing more than propaganda machines and their international associations do not give a fuck about anything but their per capita tax, which a significant portion gets donated to democrat politians. You are a fool if you think they actually give a hoot about the rest of it. Nothing else about union activity means anything to them. I would be happy to see every union out there fall. They are no longer needed and they are like parasites. People who work hard have to accept the same pay, benefits, and retirement as the people they "carry" who are sorry as hell. The best purpose that unions serve is to protect people who have a poor work ethic. The hardworking people would be better served to work in an environment where the sorry are paid accordingly or let go without repercussion and where the company wants to pay the quality people more to keep them around. Those sorry ass union brothers of yours are stealing from you, realize it.

Some of you may feel butthurt from this and I truly feel sorry for you. Let that butthurt be your own testament to the power and success of propaganda and brainwashing. Pay that per capita.... sucker.

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 5

I've worked beside Union workers before. One time I was cutting concrete for detector loops around lunch time and I wanted to keep going and take lunch later because it was going well. Well the union guys all got upset and hollered at me to shut down because I was violating their "right to have quiet during lunch". Pissed me off.

Banding together to protest bad wages and conditions is one thing, but once things become "organized" they tend to degrade quickly. It's all plastic bugs anyway.

I was a union member for 9 years. I was also that 1 guy in about 5 that was actually there to work. I was one of the few that realized the company I was working for needed to stay profitable to be financially strong. I always stayed working while others would work a little when the company had to have a certain number of people on a job during a certain phase and would get laid off at the first available opportunity. Most guys in our union were in a competition with one another to see who could do the least work. Guys would brag about doing crossword puzzles all day, brag about leaving all day and coming back at the end of the day to make it look like they were on the job, brag about taking a shit for 2 hours, brag about hiding all day and sleeping off their hangover, brag about how little material they used all day, brag about showing up for 15 minutes and leaving just to get their 2 hour show up time, etc.. They were proud of their sorriness. Over the years, union contractors in our trade went out of business until it has dwindled down to 1 union contractor in our territory. That same local union is about to go under and last I heard there was less than 10% of the membership that were employed locally. Many of the worthless guys in the local chose to work on travel and were happily accepted in some of the Northern territories where unions are more powerful and you are cast out if you do too much work.

An event happened that caused me to leave my union. Each trade has its "work". I was always respectful of even the most minute amount of work that belonged to other trades. For instance, lowering a pipe hangar belonged to the pipefitters. If I needed a pipe hanger lowered, I would consult with the pipefitter's foreman and see if they wanted to send a guy over to do it or if they would rather me do it. There was a very clear line of what was my work and that was all I did unless I was instructed by other crafts to proceed with something they didn't have the time or desire to do that fell under their jurisdiction. Onward, I was on a job where I was doing some of our most hated, nasty work in a very tight space. It was break time and I came out of my hole to find an entire crew of pipefitters doing work that fell under the jurisdiction of my trade. I let their foreman know that we did indeed want that work and that we had a lot of guys on the list that were hungry for work and would be happy to come out the next day, make some money, and do a much better job of it than they were doing. It was our cleanest and lightest work. The foreman told me they would not stop and that I should keep my mouth shut. I called my business agent, which in turn called our international association. The international association directed my business agent to tell me to forget about it. I proceeded to raise absolute hell and excoriated the pipefitters and tell them what shitbags they were for taking food from the mouths of the families of my fellow union members. We had a lot of people "on the bench" at that time, some of which had not gotten work in a long while and it really got under my skin. These people on the bench were guys I had grown very close to over the years. I knew their wives and their kids as well. About 30 minutes later I received a call from the president of the pipefitting company (which is a very powerful force locally) and was told that if I didn't look the other way my local would never have a union man working on one of their jobs again. At that point, I realized that what I had given so much effort and consideration to was a farce and I decided that if my trade was not going to be respected by other union members (supposed "brothers") in other trades that I would close that chapter of my life.... and I did.

Unions are nothing more than propaganda machines and their international associations do not give a fuck about anything but their per capita tax, which a significant portion gets donated to democrat politians. You are a fool if you think they actually give a hoot about the rest of it. Nothing else about union activity means anything to them. I would be happy to see every union out there fall. They are no longer needed and they are like parasites. People who work hard have to accept the same pay, benefits, and retirement as the people they "carry" who are sorry as hell. The best purpose that unions serve is to protect people who have a poor work ethic. The hardworking people would be better served to work in an environment where the sorry are paid accordingly or let go without repercussion and where the company wants to pay the quality people more to keep them around. Those sorry ass union brothers of yours are stealing from you, realize it.

Some of you may feel butthurt from this and I truly feel sorry for you. Let that butthurt be your own testament to the power and success of propaganda and brainwashing. Pay that per capita.... sucker.

It made me butthurt alright, but at the unions.
  • Like 2

I'm currently in a Union have been for about a year now. Being in an unlicensed trade the only accreditation I can receive is a Journeyman Certificate through my union. There has been plenty of work in CT for me and haven't been laid off except for trade school. Most of the other companies on our sites are the same. We all know what liberties we can take with each others work, if not ask the closest plumber or electrician etc. As far as the whole break thing I can see their point, we always have a break area setup in one spot, and nothing is more annoying than a pipe fitter cutting threads right there next to you or a tin knocker dropping insulation on you as you eat. Just common courtesy.

And yeah there are slugs in both union and non union companies. Not working productively is theft either way.

• Like 1

I was a Teamster years ago.... management said I had to be union or be fired when I delayed

sign off on the union paperwork and payment of dues. I didn't get many benefits out of it, and the

whole thing seemed like (was) a scam.

Was laid off after about two years when the company shut down that office and I found a much

better higher paying non-union job right away.

If Obama get his new "Free Trade Bill" approved, he will have the power to enter into agreements without ratifying by Congress. They can only approve/disapprove, with a simple majority, not the normal 2/3 requirement. If said agreement contains a mandate to abide by the UN arms requirements, we could wind up bound by that. Another under the table sleight of hand move to grab the guns!

Hello

That's exactly what GOA has been rallying against for the last few months. They also feel Jade Helm may also be tied into the soon-to-come call to register all our weapons, once the UN small weapons ban takes effect through the "Trade Treaty" bill being signed.

May sound far-fetched, but in these days and times, what really is?

-Guido in Houston

IATSE journeyman stagehand here.  Over the years, we've had a number of lawsuits to make customers pay-up when they try to stiff us.  We've even had to go after the DNC for Edward's campaign stop.  The DNC is always real slow at paying, but the RNC checks are there the next day. 

Conservatives make up 20% of our local. 

Things can get just as bad in non-union shops, or right to work shops.  Non union shops locally expect about 40% of the people called to actually show up, and those that do are rarely ready for work.  On a 150 man call, we expect about 10 drop-outs in the permit workers/new hires.  New hires don't get called again if they don't show, and permit workers get written up/fined.

When you have to unload 17 semi's and set everything up for a show in 8 hours, there ain't no time for slackers.