AgtZtM2.jpg

My father in law posted this retarded shit on Facebook. I have refrained from commenting on it at all whatsoever. Why?

Because my father in law is a fucking psycho, a certified "prohibited person" as the ATF would say. The type of person who might misconstrue a pro-2A response to something he said on Facebook as a personal threat against him.

In the past when my wife was a child, he threatened to commit suicide many times. He once told my MIL during their divorce that "OJ had the right idea." He's had well-documented mental issues, addiction to prescription anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds. You name it, but the point is, he would never pass a NICS check. He doesn't own a gun, and he legally cannot even touch one.

He's a fucking hypocrite. He would never have a gun in his house unless he bought it to kill himself, but he would never kill himself any way - his entire world revolves around himself and his sense of victimhood, He enjoys feeling sorry for himself far too much to end his own life. He doesn't have the courage to pull the trigger any way.

We have a shaky relationship with him that exists only so that his grandson will know who he was. Beyond that, my wife doesn't want to see him, and he's completely afraid of me - in fact he has stated before that he thinks I want to kill him.

What he doesn't know is that his daughter trusts him so little that if he showed up at our house unannounced and began banging on our door, she would likely be the one to put him down. I've talked to her about it and she knows that if he one day loses his shit, it's a possibility.

Isn't it funny how some of the most anti-gun people are those who couldn't even legally own one if they wanted to? He is insane and cannot handle the responsibility of owning a firearm, therefore nobody else should either. Projection in its purest form.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 4

Crazy fuckers...  Ha!  You've one of those in your family too.

I've an Uncle in TX, who I thought I might have to shoot after my Dad died.

He has always been a problem to the family, some serious conflict at times.

He thought he was entitled to whatever he wanted out my Dad's house and broke in before we got there.

When confronted he got aggressive towards my older sister, I had to order him off the property with my hand on my pistol.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

The stats above are incorrect. It was some sort of study or manipulation of statistics.

If it is applied that the firearm is possessed legally, and the home is not the base for criminal activity. Then the stats are something like half of US average.

Suicides are the only exception, a firearm does increase the success rate of suicides fairly substantially, but removing firearms does not decrease the number of attempts.

The wording is very telling:

"A gun in the home is responsible for the majority of children killed by firearms".

Yeah but is it the majority of children killed? Doubtful, I think pools are like 25 or 30X the death rate, plastic buckets are actually more dangerous.

They may as well say that guns represent almost 100% of the weapons used in firearms murders.

In Australia the murder rate never really changed even with an almost complete gun ban. It actually increased for almost five years straight before starting to slowly decrease. What did change is that knives and clubs went from 20% of the weapons used to over 90%.. The number on actual attempts of life have increased, medical advancements make up the only decreases.

• Like 3

The stats above are incorrect. It was some sort of study or manipulation of statistics.

If it is applied that the firearm is possessed legally, and the home is not the base for criminal activity. Then the stats are something like half of US average.

Suicides are the only exception, a firearm does increase the success rate of suicides fairly substantially, but removing firearms does not decrease the number of attempts.

The wording is very telling:

"A gun in the home is responsible for the majority of children killed by firearms".

Yeah but is it the majority of children killed? Doubtful, I think pools are like 25 or 30X the death rate, plastic buckets are actually more dangerous.

Unfortunate, but Facts mean little to nothing when applied to liberal idealism 

Only thinking people respond to truth

sorry you have to live with that influence in your family

I have a wacko liberal mother in law.

major pain in the ass

That is very unfortunate. The crazy guy in my family owns tons of guns so I don't know what I'd do especially since he is like the incredible hulk and has snapped a man's femur over his knee, carried a grown person in a Lay-Z-Boy over his head, and kicked a full deadbolted door clear off the hinges when mad. 

That is very unfortunate. The crazy guy in my family owns tons of guns so I don't know what I'd do especially since he is like the incredible hulk and has snapped a man's femur over his knee, carried a grown person in a Lay-Z-Boy over his head, and kicked a full deadbolted door clear off the hinges when mad.

Load a shotgun with two birdshot, four 00 and the rest with slugs. Birdshot to the face, 00 to the appendages, and on he's blind and crippled use the slugs to finish it.
  • Like 1

AgtZtM2.jpg

My father in law posted this retarded shit on Facebook. I have refrained from commenting on it at all whatsoever. Why?

Because my father in law is a fucking psycho, a certified "prohibited person" as the ATF would say. The type of person who might misconstrue a pro-2A response to something he said on Facebook as a personal threat against him.

In the past when my wife was a child, he threatened to commit suicide many times. He once told my MIL during their divorce that "OJ had the right idea." He's had well-documented mental issues, addiction to prescription anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds. You name it, but the point is, he would never pass a NICS check. He doesn't own a gun, and he legally cannot even touch one.

He's a fucking hypocrite. He would never have a gun in his house unless he bought it to kill himself, but he would never kill himself any way - his entire world revolves around himself and his sense of victimhood, He enjoys feeling sorry for himself far too much to end his own life. He doesn't have the courage to pull the trigger any way.

We have a shaky relationship with him that exists only so that his grandson will know who he was. Beyond that, my wife doesn't want to see him, and he's completely afraid of me - in fact he has stated before that he thinks I want to kill him.

What he doesn't know is that his daughter trusts him so little that if he showed up at our house unannounced and began banging on our door, she would likely be the one to put him down. I've talked to her about it and she knows that if he one day loses his shit, it's a possibility.

Isn't it funny how some of the most anti-gun people are those who couldn't even legally own one if they wanted to? He is insane and cannot handle the responsibility of owning a firearm, therefore nobody else should either. Projection in its purest form.

I liked the post only to let you know I understand what you are going through. My FIL is bi-polar. I love him very much and he has do e much in life to help others. However, he has majorly screwed up enough to hurt his daughter (my wife) and that is where I draw the line between understanding and calling him out. I love him, but I love my wife more, and will always back her. Mental illness in the ones we love is always very difficult. It is the epitome of love and resentment all rolled into one. Sorry you are going through this and the helplessness you may sometimes feel. All I can say is hang in there and be there for your wife first, and your FIL as well.

• Like 1

Still waiting on my conversion parts so I only have 4 rounds, 5 if I kept it loaded but I personally would rather prime it than mess with that "wonderful" AK safety so I just have 4 Winchester high velocity hexagonal steel birdshot shells in it.

Spacehog, my FIL is also bipolar. For a few years he and I got along really well while he was on his meds and taking them consistently. I didn't really believe that it could've been the same guy that did a lot of the awful shit my wife told me about. When he went downhill, I got a full dose of the crazy. He went from being a person who I tried my best to respect - hell I even took him fishing and asked to marry his daughter - to someone who told me I was nothing to him, who called the cops on me, tried to fight me in his hospital room, etc.  Wild ride.

As for the guns, when he was still on his meds and acting sane a few years back, I had just bought my first WASR, and I showed it to him. I just figured he would think it was cool. He held it, said "look at me, I'm a Somali pirate now," stared at in a weird way it for a few seconds, and said "OK I don't really want to hold this any more" and sort of shoved it back to me. At the time I didn't really "get" anti-gun people yet, and just figured that most people either thought they were cool, or were indifferent.

They are different people when they are on their meds. What you described is like déjà Vu all over again. It is tough, I have had to physically restrain my FIL 3 separate times in this past and carry him to the mental hospital to get his meds right when he refused to go voluntarily. It absolutely sucks, but your wife will love you all the more as you both get through this together. I do pray it gets easier for you both.

• Like 1

thanks, though she is pretty much resigned to the fact that her dad is a crazy asshole, to the point that she doesn't seem to care that he only has a few years left with his bad heart. he's burned out everybody's pity years ago. she's totally zen about it.

I've always wondered what it's like to go through life with the unpredictable mentality that a bipolar person has. just bizarre.

Edited by mancat

Crazy fuckers...  Ha!  You've one of those in your family too.

I've an Uncle in TX, who I thought I might have to shoot after my Dad died.

He has always been a problem to the family, some serious conflict at times.

He thought he was entitled to whatever he wanted out my Dad's house and broke in before we got there.

When confronted he got aggressive towards my older sister, I had to order him off the property with my hand on my pistol.

I do not want to jack this thread, but must bring up an important idea.

My Father (God rest his soul) was always bothered by what happened when his Grandfather died. When the family returned from the funeral -the home was EMPTY! What really grated on Dad was that his Grandfathers brace of Colt pistols and his rifle were stolen. These were special, as his Grandfather had been a wagon scout for 21 years. When the old man was dying dad was his nurse -he said that both legs were stained dark brown from the holsters and the bear grease that was used to keep the BP pistols dry.

WE ALWAYS have a trusted friend in the home during ALL funerals.When my first wife's father passed, my buddy Paul had to pull his pistol to run off 'relatives' who 'only wanted to wait in the house' Thieves whether related or not love funerals - no body home to stop them!

• Like 1

I think you do know what you would do, and it involves the word "centermass". Your plan, which I think you already have, will be based on making him unable to use that strength. 

• Like 1