I can add Awful Waffle to list of places I wont eat

Waffle house kicked a National Guardsman out because he was wearing his sidearm in uniform .They told him he could come back in if put his weapon outside .I can now add Waffle House up there with Starbucks of places that wont get my business ! I didn't have time to put up a link so google waffle house kicks national guardsman out. This place is about 20 mins from me .

The future kiss of death for any business.  As private property owners they have a right to kick the guy out.  We also have the right to eat elsewhere.  When word gets around that the place is anti Constitutional, then their business will free fall?  Six months from now maybe they will publicly apologize to all of us who carry. Or they will just go broke.  Enforcing a free kill zone is not my idea of doing business.

• Like 1

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/29/waffle-house-refuses-to-serve-uniformed-soldier-wi/

Derps, I didn't know Kentucky fell to the liberals. Any waffle around here enjoys those who cc, and cops / military get an extra discount if not free. I'll still go to mine, I know the people who work there and they like me there with my gun.

Maybe the one in KY has never been robbed

• Like 1

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/29/waffle-house-refuses-to-serve-uniformed-soldier-wi/

Derps, I didn't know Kentucky fell to the liberals. Any waffle around here enjoys those who cc, and cops / military get an extra discount if not free. I'll still go to mine, I know the people who work there and they like me there with my gun.

I don't eat at Waffle house very often anyway , but Kentucky is one of the free states [we are a shall issue state ] sheriffs sign sbr or suppressor or whatever and they don't blink . We passed a right to hunt law several years ago to keep out the animal nuts. We can sell and buy guns face to face as long as they are a Ky resident . The Govenor was one of the first to sign allowing National Guard to carry at recruitment centers . We have a lot of old Democrats here working people that like their guns . We wont give them up and there is no state registry only way they could find out what you have bought out of a gun store is the form 4473 .
  • Like 1

Two Words:

Mitch McConnell

• Like 1

Two Words:

Mitch McConnell

I agree They keep electing him , I believe its so we can send him to Washington and get him out of state its the people in Louisville fault , I AGREE HE NEEDS TO GO

• Like 1

First off, this was Joe Schmoe soldier in uniform... Carrying a personal sidearm, he was not under military arms.
Unlike the LEOs they've denied service, his weapon wasn't a part of his uniform/gear. The instances with LEOs bother me, this NG guy is a non issue.
It's their policy, OC and expect to be asked to follow it, don't like it, leave.
This is precisely what happened, no big deal, why all the cocks in knots?
The soldier wasn't really bent outta shape about the experience and he nor the uniform was disrespected.

This is the kind of Freedoms and Liberties our soldiers supposedly fight and die for.

Do I agree with and follow Waffle House policy, nope, I cover my OC with my clothing or just continue concealed.
Until asked to leave, screw'em and their policy.

As I've said before on similar matters.
Let your wallet do the real talking, but take the time to make damned sure that the corporate office or business owner/manager knows the details of why they're losing money.
Be cordial and to the point, not angry/profane. Not that they won't circular file your letter anyways, but they definitely stop reading if you're rude.
I stated why and how often I visited them in the past, and why I'm stopping.
I noted as many instances of legal carry stopping criminals in their establishments.
Also told them they could regain my business by rescinding the policy.

Just my $0.02

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 4

Update, 9/30; 11:15 a.m. EST: Ray Daniels, the owner of the Waffle House franchise in question, has released an updated statement:

"Unfortunately, we have been besieged with a misrepresentation of the facts regarding the incident with the National Guardsman, Mr. Welch, at one of LexiDan Foods Waffle House establishments.

The facts are simple.

We do have a policy posted on our Waffle House franchise buildings stating our policy in permitting firearms in our buildings.

We normally are very loose on how we enforce that policy in terms of the military.

However, on this particular incident, two facts have not been reported accurately that facilitated the situation with Mr. Welch.

First, he was an active participant in a fight on the premises several weeks prior to September 27th.

He was restrained and taken off the premises by off-duty police officers that were eating in the restaurant at the time.

The second item not reported accurately was the time the most recent incident occurred, 2AM.

We have associates who have to make snap decisions on our third shifts to provide for their own safety and the safety of our customers. Our associates decided because of Mr. Welch's recent altercation, which they witnessed, it was in their best interest at 2 AM to ask Mr. Welch to leave his firearm in his vehicle.

Mr. Welch decided to leave. We still tried to garner his business at that point.

I am supportive of my team's decision. I was not there and will not judge their decision making after the fact.

If this incident occurred at 10am in the morning and Mr. Welch had not been involved in a previous fight I'm sure the outcome would have been different.

I feel Lex 18 did not do due diligence in their reporting. We are highly supportive of all our military branches and especially supportive of our veterans.

I hope this provides some clarification on the matter.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and understanding that in any business, judgment decisions have to be made to provide for the safety of our associates and customers."

• Like 5

A business must  serve a flaming homosexual so as to not deny him (her, its) civil liberties; even if it infringes upon the business owner's religious beliefs and liberty.

A business has the right to deny a law abiding citizen his constitutional right to bear arms.  It is his private property and right to do so.

Black Lives Matter has the right to harass law abiding citizens in a business while they are eating with their families.  It is their right to do so?

I'm getting fed up with all of this crap being shoved down our throats.  We either have a Constitution or we don't.  This picking and choosing shit for thin-skinned idiots who pick and choose what they find convenient with our Constitution has to go.   

• Like 5

As long as Judges do not have to evenly apply laws, we will have no laws. What made the Roman Empire great was "THE LAW IS THE SAME THROUGHOUT ROME".

As long as Judges can force their religious, political ......... agenda  instead of an HONEST judgement as the laws stated in plain english would support, WE ARE SCREWED!!!!!!!

• Like 2

As long as Judges do not have to evenly apply laws, we will have no laws. What made the Roman Empire great was "THE LAW IS THE SAME THROUGHOUT ROME".

As long as Judges can force their religious, political ......... agenda  instead of an HONEST judgement as the laws stated in plain english would support, WE ARE SCREWED!!!!!!!

The Roman Empire made it quite a bit longer than we will. Didn't have to put up with liberals and PC shit either.......

First off, this was Joe Schmoe soldier in uniform... Carrying a personal sidearm, he was not under military arms.

Unlike the LEOs they've denied service, his weapon wasn't a part of his uniform/gear. The instances with LEOs bother me, this NG guy is a non issue.

It's their policy, OC and expect to be asked to follow it, don't like it, leave.

This is precisely what happened, no big deal, why all the cocks in knots?

The soldier wasn't really bent outta shape about the experience and he nor the uniform was disrespected.

This is the kind of Freedoms and Liberties our soldiers supposedly fight and die for.

Do I agree with and follow Waffle House policy, nope, I cover my OC with my clothing or just continue concealed.

Until asked to leave, screw'em and their policy.

As I've said before on similar matters.

Let your wallet do the real talking, but take the time to make damned sure that the corporate office or business owner/manager knows the details of why they're losing money.

Be cordial and to the point, not angry/profane. Not that they won't circular file your letter anyways, but they definitely stop reading if you're rude.

I stated why and how often I visited them in the past, and why I'm stopping.

I noted as many instances of legal carry stopping criminals in their establishments.

Also told them they could regain my business by rescinding the policy.

Just my $0.02

Agree with all but the cocks in knots part. I tried, it won't.

Same message just a different method. I printed up some of those signs like above and did just what I posted with them.

Grainger is one of the companies we do close to $500k a year with. I taped one of my signs over their's and called out the store manager to hand him another one in person. It was very well received. They took mine down obviously but got the message.

He's supposed to be getting the corporate dick bag that decided this stupidity contact info to me so I can email him the same sign with the suggestion that he post it at all the stores, ya know, just so there's no confusion.

I keep some in my truck for distribution at every opportunity.

• Like 2