I saw this on the news this morning before work and thought about it all day. I didn't think it was accurate, but hey, it was on the news and they've never lied to me before. I looked it up again tonight and I just might be part of the 3%. Just kidding, I wouldn't have one in the house!

http://www.newser.com/story/231320/3-of-americans-own-half-of-all-guns.html

LOL don't sweat it. It is a story quoting, as fact, a university study that has not even been published yet to promote a ridiculously thin argument with an anti gun agenda. But as I recall, it only took 3% of the population to rise up and overthrow the most powerful military in the world during the founding of our country. Maybe there is some truth in the story that scares the crap out of them....and it should.

• Like 1

Fact fail.

Keep lying, until it works.

LOL don't sweat it. It is a story quoting, as fact, a university study that has not even been published yet to promote a ridiculously thin argument with an anti gun agenda. But as I recall, it only took 3% of the population to rise up and overthrow the most powerful military in the world during the founding of our country. Maybe there is some truth in the story that scares the crap out of them....and it should.

That would make sense.

• Like 3

Let us not fall to the romantic condensed form of popular US history, let us look upon the facts of US & World history.
Public schools don't teach your children this nowadays.

The 3% Revolution number may be close to the number of soldiers under arms vs general population.

But we'd never had a chance without the massive amounts of Foreign Aid we received.

Primarily from France in the form of monetary loans and selling us arms, munitions and supplies.

And France later gave us large amounts of direct military support on land and sea.
Holland sold us most of our Navy ships and helped us with blockade running and smuggling.
And Spain loaned us more money and helped in other ways.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 6

All I know is that ever since the violence immediately across the border peaked in 2010, practically every house in my town has either an AR, or an AK in it. And probably three to five handguns. That's just South Texans being normal.

Sounds very much like Josephine County SW Oregon.  Practically ZERO County or local law enforcement.  State Police hours away.  Things right now are very polite.  Everybody packs.  Hee hee hee.  "The Hills Are Alive ... With The Sound of Gunfire!" ...  smile.png

Mortar shells raining down...on the village below....

Uzi's and AK's

Mac 10's and 11's

Spraying lead with total abandon

Apache's that fly with the moon on their wings

These are a few of my favorite things!

When the belt ends!

And the gun jams!

And it's looking sad!

I simply pull out my backup pistol

And then I don't feel...so bad!

• Like 1