Share pic of your .308

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Clip on bipod is just for the picture. Just tore down after six months of shooting. Normaly just clean barrel and hose exposed action with cleaner. Never had a jam or any type of malfunction. Scope is 6.5X20 and mount is rock solid. Only mod is a Buffer Tech recoil absorber. Big help and saves metal to metal wear which was evident before I added it. Saw lots of wear inside today as I was cleaning but expect no problems. It has a 3 inch diagional heat change zero, left to upper right with the first 3 rounds, then as long as it's hot holds less than 1.5 inch at 100 yards. I shoot almost every weekend (this and other guns, trunk is full when I go and I shoot what depending on what others are shooting) but I almost always pull this one out. She has over 3,000 rounds through her. Barrel is 22 inch and pristine when I looked thru it tonight.

post-6-1096188293.jpg

make an adaptor useing the old stock piece, then convert it to PG, then put on a US made 6-position AR tele stock on it. 6-position AR stock is available from Tapco for $50. NOt cheap, but since the stock is adjustable it will fit every one in the family well, making the oal short is just an added bonus.

• 2 weeks later...

But a bipod mounted to the barrel? Tisk tisk tisk. Looks cool though.... KY you got the right idea! On the sling lug. No loss of accuracy from bipod mode to off hand. Does your bipod have the attachment so you can still hook up your sling?

Edited by Vrotate

Nothing special here..... yet. I'm just not sure I want to *uc* with it, though. Shot great out of the box. The front sight was way to the right, but the gun was dead nuts at 100 yards out of the box! I had a heck of a time getting the bolt back in right. The manual is not the greatest. I didn't realize at first you had to push down against the hammer (and spring) to get the bolt and carrrier back in. Pretty easy break down though all in all.

post-6-1098349672.jpg

THere is a sling loop on the bipod, though the bipod doesn't mount real solid so I don't even know if it'll hold up to firing. Haven't got it out to the range yet. There aren't any stocks that easily replace the sporter one. You can make one like that, or move your trigger and put an AK thumbhole stock on. If you do a pistol grip, don't forget your US parts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well visible is...

From left to right is a Bren LMG (nxt build), M1 Garand, 68' Winchester 30-30, a pair of milled Polish AK-47s, Polytech underfolder, Poly full stock, Saiga .308, Benelli M1 Super 90, Daewoo DR-200, STG-58 (FAL) 16" barrel, another STG-58 21" barrel.

It's a Cetme, and man that thing shoots awesome. I can only get 26 rounds in that 30rd mag though, but I thought it looked pretty sweet.

It is a Hesse conversion that I picked up for around $260 on AuctionArms, then sent it in to Arizona Response for the barrel work, that was $175 if I remember right.

The collapsible stock on the Cetme was $175, the wide forearm was $40 and the $175 to Arizona Response was for the Saiga barrel.

I have another Cetme that has the wood furniture and a flash hider, what really sucks is I paid for that barrel to be done and then they came out with the After Ban models and I could have saved myself some money.

• 4 weeks later...
Got a Saiga-308 yesterday, put on the accessories I had laying around, looks promising, can't wait to get it to the range. Figured I'd stick with the wood stock until Blackjack can get the trigger parts back in stock.

what stock are you using here? i like it lots.