AGP 10 rd MAG pics/reviews? PLEASE POST HERE

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AGP,

Any idea when the next shipment will be for those of us with preorders?

(Drool, I need my 10 round mags)

On another post, someone mentioned making a tacked thread where you (Kevin) could keep us posted on the next shipment, what pre-order # will be the next block, etc?? Then delete anyone else posting there, just a strictly informational thread.

Seems like a good idea!! (Mods???)

Cobra

My thought was that Kevin could post here and it would save him getting untold emails or phone calls wondering when order number xxx is going to ship? I dont know, just a thought to keep us informed and cut down on Kevin's wasted time answering the same questions over and over.

I'll wait, and eventually mine will arrive!!!! (And I'll bet before my Shrike arrives) LOL

Well he might be into that, who knows.

What do ya think Kevin?

Oh and BTW HELL YEAH on that little white box that showed up here today! :super: The finished product is very nice!

Goes in easier and the follower rocks now!! Just went thru ten rds of S&B 00 buck withoput a hiccup. :devil:

post-1293-1163540751_thumb.jpg

Not all good round retainer is not spring steel can fly off with ten in.

Also never drop it you will be chasing rounds.

Hope AGP comes up with replacement part.

HUH? I am not sure what you are trying to say. Are you refering to the AGP 10 round mags?

Does "Not all good round retainer is not spring steel can fly off with ten in." mean the mag floor plate can come off when loaded?

Does "Also never drop it you will be chasing rounds." mean that if you drop a loaded mag the rounds will come out?

I am not trying to be a smart ass, I just want to know what you were saying.

Not all good round retainer is not spring steel can fly off with ten in.

Also never drop it you will be chasing rounds.

Hope AGP comes up with replacement part.

I just got my mags today and they look great! Thanks to Kevin for all the hard work!

However...

I did load them up all the way and tried to load on a closed bolt, with some mixed results. Sometimes they would load fine, others the rear of the mag almost seemed too long. When the mags were empty and loaded the bolt seemed to hang on the follower at slow speeds and required some force to get it to close all the way, still not sure on that one.

I'm also a little worried about the follower, the 1st shell out of the mag seems to want to nosedive fairly frequently.

I'm not going to jump to conclusions just yet. I'll wait til I've used the mags and see, at worst its probably just a few mods with a dremmel.

Great work kevin! :wub:

Conju,

It takes a little practice to install a loaded mag on a closed bolt. I don't know if you are use to doing it or not, but it's a learned skill. Also oil the inside of the mag a little to keep everything sliding smooth.

Are you getting the nosedive only after loading it on a closed bolt or would it happen if you loaded open bolt too? I'm pretty confident we got the follower angle nailed down. Keep messing with it some more and see if you just need to get use to it or what.

My 10 round mags were waiting for me when I got home yesterday.

No pics as of yet.

My 10 rnd mags full will load on a closed bolt.

The only thing I noticed on one was that I have to give it a good tug to set the rear catch.

Took about four or five tries to get it down and it works will all the mags.

GODDAMNIT! I just checked on my order #67 and it says declined???

WTF I answered there email asking me if i still wanted it! Kevin check your email!

Close to flippin here

***** Gotta tell you Guys. Kevin helped me track down the problemswith my CC and my mags are on there way. He was a pleasure to deal with!

Edited by Steven
Conju,

It takes a little practice to install a loaded mag on a closed bolt. I don't know if you are use to doing it or not, but it's a learned skill. Also oil the inside of the mag a little to keep everything sliding smooth.

Are you getting the nosedive only after loading it on a closed bolt or would it happen if you loaded open bolt too? I'm pretty confident we got the follower angle nailed down. Keep messing with it some more and see if you just need to get use to it or what.

Kevin I bought some of the federal loads i usually shoot. I was using really soft, picky shells for it when I posted that. As far as loading it on a closed bolt, yes I have done that alot with my 5 rd mag, it is alot more difficult with the 10 rd for whatever reason (maybe cuz the mag is such a behemoth!). I hand cycled the federal from walmart and it worked just fine. I think it was just the soft shells(Nobel sport LE buckshot).

I completely destroyed several rounds of it trying to get it to chamber with the 10rders. Had it once, but not sure if i would trust my life with my SD ammo in that mag. I'll just use the 5er for that purpose, until I can get firmer SD ammo.

As far as the oiling goes I would think that would be a no-no as gunpowder residue can really get in there and gum things up. I'm really hesitant to do it for that reason. The follower seems to slide around in the mag good, so I think I should just leave well enough alone.

As far as my comment on the mag being to long, I think its just because of the stainless feed lips that you're planning to replace.

I'll be going to the range this weekend for sure, I think they'll work flawlessly.

I'll still give it my stamp of approval!

My only other complaint is why didn't I order more?