Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

post-13485-12617156517076_thumb.jpg

Here is mine. Received about three weeks ago NIB. Thanks to Dinzag and all the info on the internets did the conversion last weekend.

Very nice! I see that you are new to this forum but based on your rifle I would suspect that your youngest brother is one handsome devil.

He kind of has the facial features and bone structure of a suprised rattlesnake but the wicked stench and leering expression keep people from getting close enough to tell.

Sounds about right.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

001-7.jpg

Saiga 7.62X39 Cali legal with detachable 30's.

HK G3 rear sight welded to dust cover. The front was from an SKS project I did, thats welded as well.

I shot this gun at 600+ yards, I missed my target (1 lb tannerite charge) by 12".

This is where I was shooting from, i'm the black speck on the hill middle left.

IMO I think the HK sights are the best thing that can be done to improve the Saiga/AK pattern rifle.

026-1.jpg

NICE !!!

Edited by Broken-Tengu

001-7.jpg

Saiga 7.62X39 Cali legal with detachable 30's.

HK G3 rear sight welded to dust cover. The front was from an SKS project I did, thats welded as well.

I shot this gun at 600+ yards, I missed my target (1 lb tannerite charge) by 12".

This is where I was shooting from, i'm the black speck on the hill middle left.

IMO I think the HK sights are the best thing that can be done to improve the Saiga/AK pattern rifle.

026-1.jpg

SJgunguy24,

What grip is that on your weapon, buddy ? Let me know how that works for you in terms of Weapon control. Thanks a million.

-Bryan

I just bought this Saiga about 4 hours ago and I don't know a thing about it. I have the original stock. It has a 20" barrel but I guess thats standard. It has never been fired. The guy I bought it from said it's all been converted (what ever that means) It has the lever that holds the bolt open, do they all have that? I have never owned an AK 47 and by reading most of your posts this is the one I chose. I think I paid a butt load for it. $500? Came with this new adjustable stock and a load of Wolf ammo. Now I bet this is where I hear "Man did you get screwed.

post-22319-12628238566258_thumb.jpg

You did not get screw depending on how much "a butt load is" But you need to check your compliance. Maybe you should surf the forums some more. And welcome and grats on the new gun! and fyi by converted I guess he means he added the stock to it. But that is not a fully restored saiga.

Hope you find everything you need here!

• Like 1

I just bought this Saiga about 4 hours ago and I don't know a thing about it. I have the original stock. It has a 20" barrel but I guess thats standard. It has never been fired. The guy I bought it from said it's all been converted (what ever that means) It has the lever that holds the bolt open, do they all have that? I have never owned an AK 47 and by reading most of your posts this is the one I chose. I think I paid a butt load for it. $500? Came with this new adjustable stock and a load of Wolf ammo. Now I bet this is where I hear "Man did you get screwed.

A little naive, but will chalk it up to a case of 'first post.'

Why would you buy something you admittedly know nothing about?

That being said, the twenty inch barrels are relatively difficult to find at present, so you lucked out there. It's an unfired gun, so you lucked out there. It has the BHO--good. The seller already did the 'hard' part for you, i.e. moved the trigger forward to where it belongs. Looks like a Tapco stock--meh. Wolf ammo is over $200/k so depending how much you got, you potentially made out well. You can still trick it out much more if you want. Doesn't sound like you got the royal BOHICA by any means.

Welcome to the forum!

yea, if you got over 500 rounds of ammo with it, you made out good.

time to start on the true restoration of it.

you could take that collapsible stock off and sell it and recoupe some money to make out even better. then put that money towards the restoration.

A little naive, but will chalk it up to a case of 'first post.'

Why would you buy something you admittedly know nothing about?

That being said, the twenty inch barrels are relatively difficult to find at present, so you lucked out there. It's an unfired gun, so you lucked out there. It has the BHO--good. The seller already did the 'hard' part for you, i.e. moved the trigger forward to where it belongs. Looks like a Tapco stock--meh. Wolf ammo is over $200/k so depending how much you got, you potentially made out well. You can still trick it out much more if you want. Doesn't sound like you got the royal BOHICA by any means.

Welcome to the forum!

Look again. Thats not a trigger conversion.

Edited by chevyman097

Oops! Need to clean my glasses. In that case I emphasize the statement about the ammo.rolleyes.gif

000.gif Its still prolly not a bad buy, like you said 20". And depending on how much ammo you got. But you deff need to check into the 922r Im worried for you about compliance. Id say dont be afraid to ask around here, get info on the full restoration and go for it and you got a damn fine gun!

Also check the 922r compliance section here, read up. Its a headache yes! but take a deep breath, read it and ask questions, plenty here to help you figure it out.

Edited by chevyman097

Oops! Need to clean my glasses. In that case I emphasize the statement about the ammo.rolleyes.gif

000.gif Its still prolly not a bad buy, like you said 20". And depending on how much ammo you got. But you deff need to check into the 922r Im worried for you about compliance. Id say dont be afraid to ask around here, get info on the full restoration and go for it and you got a damn fine gun!

Also check the 922r compliance section here, read up. Its a headache yes! but take a deep breath, read it and ask questions, plenty here to help you figure it out.

After installing the pistol grip and telescoping stock my AK now consists of the following:

1. Barrel

2. Receiver

3. Front and Rear Trunions (Applies to stamped receivers only)

4. Bolt Carrier

5. Bolt

6. Gas Piston

(US made foreign buttstock)

(US made pistol grip)

7. Handguard

8. Hammer

9. Trigger

10. Disconnector

This rifle is compliant with no foreign magazine inserted. If you use a foreign made magazines then you also have:

11. Magazine Body

12. Magazine Follower

13. Magazine Floorplate

Edited by J Lazy H

I have not personally tried the tapco ones. From what I know they are actually ment for converted AKs so you will have to add a bullet guide and file the mag catch.(not %100 on that one) But any questions you are more than welcome to ask in the 7.62 section or whatever applies to your rifle. You will find plenty of willing people to help!

I have not personally tried the tapco ones. From what I know they are actually ment for converted AKs so you will have to add a bullet guide and file the mag catch.(not %100 on that one) But any questions you are more than welcome to ask in the 7.62 section or whatever applies to your rifle. You will find plenty of willing people to help!

Thanks for the 411.

Thanks for the 411.

Sorry my brain is not working this morning, too much drama yesterday fried me. I shouldnt say "converted" you can install the bullet guide and file the mag catch without technically "converting"

Just picked this up at the gunshow in Louisville, KY. Not too sure what to do to it yet, have been reading alot of the forums to get some ideas. Does anybody have any suggestions? Does anyone know what this is worth as is? Oh, it's a Saiga 7.62x39.

post-22258-12630176151659_thumb.jpg

Edited by E'ville Gunner

Most the vendors on the forums sell them between 300ish-400ish last i looked. Thats unconverted. I dont know with that wood stock if it adds any to the price. But I would suggest hangin around the forums and checking out the conversion. You should give it some good thinking about going in that direction.

• Like 1

This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine...

t6 stock, saw grip, g2 FCG, dinzag BG, UTG rails. I filed the mag release to take standard mags. I am having a hard time finding a gas block with the sights in it like the krebs KTR. When I find one I will install it, chop the barrel and weld on a j-tac so the barrel ends just a hair over 16" Then I will duracoat it all black. I did the conversion with my brother in a couple hours, was really easy.

I got it from classic arms and the hand pick was worth the $10 without a doubt. Dimpled receiver and a surplus barrel. Too bad I am cutting the threads off anyhow.

post-19733-12630616476595_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChochMachio

I picked this guy up about a month ago, upgrades are: Saiga skeleton stock, Tapco handrail and scope mount, Bushnell Trophy red dot, phantom flash hider, surefire 15rd mags (NJ max), and a wider sling swivel for the Turner Saddlery shooting sling - which is by far the most useful accessory on there. post-22121-12630775173518_thumb.jpg post-22121-12630775386068_thumb.jpg

Stringflicker, can you send me the site where you got the handrail and scope mount please?

SaigaAK47-1.jpg

You can get that handrail anywhere, its called an Interfuse or something by Tapco. The rails have some cheapo rubber guards for a better grip, which makes it look a little different. The scope mount I think was from Cheaper than Dirt, although I think there are some better choices out there like maybe the ones with a quick release feature.

The glare is just some white lettering that didn't come out on my crappy cell phone camera. Just white crayon but it looks pretty good.

After lurking this forum for a few months and reading, I did the conversion yesterday.

This is my first gun. I picked it up at a show a few months ago and put 60 rounds through it. I got the tapco T6 stock and PG right after that as a cheap upgrade, but I never shot it in that configuration. Once I'd done enough research I realized how cheap the conversion cost was and got the parts together.

As someone with very little mechanical knowledge, the conversion was pretty easy. The hardest part was getting the four pins out of the receiver. I didn't realize what the retainer spring did until I had 3 of the 4 pins out. whoops. I did drill just a smidgen into the receiver as you can see from the middle pic, but just shaved a little bit off. Nothing major. Everything else, including the BHO was easy as pie. The videos on carolinashooterssupply.com made it a breeze. Between CSS, This video, this tutorial, and the saiga-12 forum, I had enough confidence to get it done.

Here's what I started with:

huNtZl.jpg

Drilled a little too far...

IoZlGl.jpg

Done.

U6yHgl.jpg

8FFZGl.jpg

Just gotta get some 3/16" hole plugs, and maybe a bullet guide farther down the road (have a few saiga mags so am in no hurry to make that investment again).

I can't wait to get to the range.

Edited by Cpt. Awesomepants

I finally have my Saiga x39 "Sporter" to the point where I am satisfied - excepting the HG, which is a change down the road, if at all. Pretty standard "restoration"; rigid composit buttstock, SAW PG, TAPCO FCG, filed mag catch, Dinzag bullet guide, stock HG with 5 vents each side, factory muzzle threads with TAPCO AK-74 copy muzzle brake, UTG quick release scope mount, Simmons 4x32 scope and BSA red dot, two stock 10 rnd mags mod to 13 rnd with TAPCO followers, four So. Korean 30 rnd mags with TAPCO followers, web sling, bipod - and a hard case. Now what do I do?

2s96u6w.jpg

Edited by sailor