saiga 12 mag cinch

so how hard is it to do a mag change with those things strapped together

No problem. They are held far enough apart to go in easy and the cinches really hold the mags tight so there's no slop. They really are very good. No surprise Cobra did a +1 on my post as it was him who put me onto them and I've just ordered another three (in the hope that sooner or later I get my hands on some of the AGP 10 rounders!)

Though having said that, the people I got my Saiga from have just said their next batch all are with magwells which will naturally need the new type mag as well. AND to make sure they have sufficient they have ordered loads of the new mags for each gun. I put my name down for one but like everything with the Russians I won't believe it until it's here (my own gun was due to be a full 12K but arrived with a sporting stock and a 26" barrel with a polychoke on the end!!) but maybe one day?

No problem. They are held far enough apart to go in easy and the cinches really hold the mags tight so there's no slop. They really are very good. No surprise Cobra did a +1 on my post as it was him who put me onto them and I've just ordered another three (in the hope that sooner or later I get my hands on some of the AGP 10 rounders!)

Though having said that, the people I got my Saiga from have just said their next batch all are with magwells which will naturally need the new type mag as well. AND to make sure they have sufficient they have ordered loads of the new mags for each gun. I put my name down for one but like everything with the Russians I won't believe it until it's here (my own gun was due to be a full 12K but arrived with a sporting stock and a 26" barrel with a polychoke on the end!!) but maybe one day?

/sarcasim max

So you need to go out and buy another S-12...darn

/sarcasim off

The next batch of Saigas will have mag wells?

Who did you get your Saiga from?

How do I get in on this?

How do I get in on this?

Notice that ds is from the UK. Don't know how hard it would be to get one over, but I'm guessing that you could hand carve one from steel stock easier than importing it into the country :/

But don't feel bad. IIRC, they have a minimum bbl length required to be 60 inches or something (OK, maybe it is more like 26 or 28 or 30, but it's long and the Saiga's look a bit "odd" because of it!

How do I get in on this?

Notice that ds is from the UK. Don't know how hard it would be to get one over, but I'm guessing that you could hand carve one from steel stock easier than importing it into the country :/

But don't feel bad. IIRC, they have a minimum bbl length required to be 60 inches or something (OK, maybe it is more like 26 or 28 or 30, but it's long and the Saiga's look a bit "odd" because of it!

I got mine from Decade and it was they that told me that the next batch of theirs would be the new style with hinged top covers and mag wells. Like everything, you believe it when they actually turn up!

And you're right about barrel length, got to be + 24" though as you can see mine has been cut right back so the permanently attached flash hider makes the length 24 1/16th inch and I don't think looking too bad.post-1223-1166560579_thumb.jpg You'll also notice the mag cinch that's the subject of this topic!

I like short shotguns too! I lost my 20" Ithaca when the law changed over here to make short multi shot shotguns the same as machine guns (ie VERY hard to have!)

Having said all this I don't see why some sensible dealer Stateside couldn't send all those old stocks over here, get the pistol grips taken off and then import the new "sporterised Saiga 12" Wouldn't even need conversion after as the stock and PG would screw straight back on.

I just received another three clinches (only ordered two weeks ago so excellent customer service from Blackjack as I live in the UK and need airmail deliveries) BUT when I got the clinches they'd put a little book in with all their products. On looking through they list a Saiga 12 specific mag clinch which isn't on the website (or if it is I can't find it).

I have been using their MC6 which fits H & K 91 ,AR10 and SR25 and they work fine on the Saiga magazines but the specific clinch goes under their reference MCSaiga. HOWEVER, the MC6 costs $19.95 and the MCSaiga $39.95 so unless there's something special about the Saiga fit I can't see why they cost twice as much. The picture shows a single strap so it doesn't seem to be that you need two per mag and in any case some that do need two per mag still cost $19.95.

Maybe someone who knows more or knows Blackjack has an answer?

I got the book as well, they only have saiga-12 cinches to try and make more money off of people who cant innovate.

LOL 762, nice LOADBEARING toes. My wide feet are great for deep squats. One day ill have dinosaur legs like branch warren!!!! Oh yeah they help to fire my gun to!!! Which btw I have finally started to convert!