AGP 10 rounders

Went to a shoot this past weekend. A guy had some new 10 rnd AGP mags for his Saiga. The mag was'nt pushing the shell up fast enough for the bolt to grab it. So he had to check the chamber after every shot to see if it picked the round up. It was a Tromix Saiga, very nice gun. I'm still on the waiting list for mags so I was just wondering how everyone elses 10 rounders were running. Thanks.

I shoot USPSA 3-Gun (Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun) using Saiga-12 with AGP ten round magazines.

I had numerous failures to feed and extract until I had about 500 rounds through the gun.

The magazines work very well. It is much easier to load a full 10 round magazine with a closed bolt than with the 8 round magazines. I polished the "ramp" on the underside of the bolt where the shotshell contacts the bolt during magazine reload.

I've noticed that some shotgun shells are not "round", they sometimes "bind" causing the magazine not to push the rounds up. Part of my magazine loading routine is to test the looseness of the shotshells by pushing the shells in and out of the magazine feeling the spring tension as I load.

All this rigamaroll is necessary. In 3-gun matches a ten second delay moves you well down the finishing order. Clearing a Saiga-12 jam isn't yet well understood by me. (You have to obviously pull the bolt back, engage the bolt hold open device, and clear the jam; and with the Saiga-12, pulling out the jammed shell is not very easy)

I have 5 of the AGP 10rd mags and 3 factory 8 rd mags.My gun has Jerics LRBHO installed.I have the 8rd mags converted but have only gotten around to one of the 10rd mags (Cut with tab installed) Ive shot close to 100 rds of Wolf and Remington 00buck thru the 10 rd mag with a few jambs,maybe 2 or 3.But i also had the same problem at first with a couple of the factory 8 rd mags until they were pretty broken in,so im thinkin that they just need lubed up the inside with Armoreall or dry lube.Its gettin cold here on Ohio so im not able to get out to shoot much.

I have 5 of the AGP 10rd mags and 3 factory 8 rd mags.My gun has Jerics LRBHO installed.I have the 8rd mags converted but have only gotten around to one of the 10rd mags (Cut with tab installed) Ive shot close to 100 rds of Wolf and Remington 00buck thru the 10 rd mag with a few jambs,maybe 2 or 3.But i also had the same problem at first with a couple of the factory 8 rd mags until they were pretty broken in,so im thinkin that they just need lubed up the inside with Armoreall or dry lube.Its gettin cold here on Ohio so im not able to get out to shoot much.

I had the same problem with 2 of the 3 I have last weekend at the range. The shell didn't pop up fast enough to chamber, the bolt slide just across the top of the new shell. I stripped mine apart yesterday, and took some 600 grit sand paper to the inside of the mags, and penciled them to add some graphite. I'll be testing it out this weekend to see if there is any improvement.

I haven't had a chance to test mine yet since its been -20* to -30* here lately and I don't know how they'll hold up in the cold. They don't fit all that tight though, there is a lot more side to side wobble on them than I'd like, I might have to glue or melt some tabs onto the sides to cut down on the wobble. With a full mag in there bouncing around, the side to side wobble puts a lot of stress on the sides of the mag where it enters the gun and could cause some damage.

I have 4 of them,only 2 of which I've tested so far.Ran 10 rnd's of buck through one and 10 rnd's of slugs through the other,then 10 rnd's of low brass in each,with no feed failures.I did have to file the rear catch on both of them to match the shape of the original mags,as they wouldn't lock in out of the box.My 12's an older Kalashnikov-usa model.

I stripped mine apart yesterday, and took some 600 grit sand paper to the inside of the mags, and penciled them to add some graphite. I'll be testing it out this weekend to see if there is any improvement.

+1

Did the same to mine except used Dri-slide moly instead of graphite. Cured slow/sticky feed.

Bought 4, sanded and graphited the magazines to get that follower running nice and free. Replaced the stainless steel clips with the proper AGP replacements, and it has no follower or feed clip issues anymore.

However, there's still an ongoing problem with the magazine where it will take a round from the magazine and jam the face of the round squarely into the bottom edge of the barrel instead of smoothly into the chamber, sometimes with enough force to actually rupture and deform the case.

I e-mailed AGP about this and am awaiting any ideas for a fix, since I have no pictures of a newer Saiga-12's chamber to go off of to know where to dremel a makeshift feed ramp away to make a less jam-prone chamber.

Went to a shoot this past weekend. A guy had some new 10 rnd AGP mags for his Saiga. The mag was'nt pushing the shell up fast enough for the bolt to grab it.

That was my buddy Lorne... "Watchdawg" on this board. Small world, eh? :eek:

I've got 4 AGP mags, two from the first batch and two from the second. One of the first two had a bobble in its first run-through, and the feed clip tried to come off. Put that back in place and it ran like a champ for the rest of the day. The other mag from the first batch experienced no problems at all. I have since installed the spring-steel feed clips on both those mags, but have not shot them. Haven't shot the two from the second batch (which came with the upgraded feed clips), either. It's on my short list.

Well, made it out today, but I had a buddy of mine come with to one of the local 17.00 / hour indoor fancy ranges. Needless to say, the Saiga with 10 round mags stayed home. I don't have the heart to tell him that we are shooting 25-50cent per shotslugs and 35cent each buck shot rounds. I usually blast through 250 rounds of ammo with the S-12 in a half hour at that range, and don't really care how much the ammo is running me.

We took my AR, the AK, and the PLR-16 and blasted through 1200 rounds in an hour and a half with the rifles/pistol.

I'll test my graphite/600grit sanded AGP 10 rounders next weekend. It was fun, but not Saiga fun!!

Went to a shoot this past weekend. A guy had some new 10 rnd AGP mags for his Saiga. The mag was'nt pushing the shell up fast enough for the bolt to grab it.

That was my buddy Lorne... "Watchdawg" on this board. Small world, eh? :eek:

I've got 4 AGP mags, two from the first batch and two from the second. One of the first two had a bobble in its first run-through, and the feed clip tried to come off. Put that back in place and it ran like a champ for the rest of the day. The other mag from the first batch experienced no problems at all. I have since installed the spring-steel feed clips on both those mags, but have not shot them. Haven't shot the two from the second batch (which came with the upgraded feed clips), either. It's on my short list.

Yup, that was me. I haven't had a chance to play with the mags since then, but I've left them loaded for the time being. Basically, the rounds were dragging on the mag body which caused them to fail to load. If I ran the action by hand afterwards it would feed because the round had made it to the top of the magazine.

I used my new mags today for the first time, about 50 rounds worth in a 3-gun match. Aside from one issue where the shell didn't quite pop up enough and I had to smack the bolt handle to get it chambered, there were no other failures. And I don't know if the one misfeed was related to the gun or the mag. I'm very happy with the mags so far.

I have used them in a few 3 gun matches and don't recall any difficulties, when our gun club starts having those tactical shotgun matches in MAY I can post more. We will have a monthly 100 plus round shotgun only match once a month. If your in eastern VA or NC and want to put your shotgun skills to the test come on out. www.ncrr.net I for one don't want to wait till MAY so I asked them to schedule a match earlier. http://pub22.bravenet.com/forum/1859836476/show/591404

Took mine out for the first time today and I'm unimpressed so far. I shot around 70 rounds through 2 mags and I was lucky to get 2-3 shots off between jams, and without fail the last round would always jam. I don't think its the loads since they functioned flawlessly in my 5 rounder for over 150 rounds. They also took a beating due to their wobbliness in the mag opening, the little vertical rib was scraped off. Do your guys mags fit way loose or does my gun just have a large mag opening (my 5 rounder locks in there tight)? I hope that they just need to be broken in, but for $60 a mag I'd expect them to function fine out of the box.

Took mine out for the first time today and I'm unimpressed so far. I shot around 70 rounds through 2 mags and I was lucky to get 2-3 shots off between jams, and without fail the last round would always jam. I don't think its the loads since they functioned flawlessly in my 5 rounder for over 150 rounds. They also took a beating due to their wobbliness in the mag opening, the little vertical rib was scraped off. Do your guys mags fit way loose or does my gun just have a large mag opening (my 5 rounder locks in there tight)? I hope that they just need to be broken in, but for $60 a mag I'd expect them to function fine out of the box.

All mine fit snug as a bug.My S-12 is a older EEA gun.

Finally had a chance to test my AGP mags, 2nd batch (2).... shooting reduced recoil Rem. and Fed. tactical LEA slugs..... Gas port setting #1 (Tromix conversion)... Stovepipes, and FTFs..... changed to setting #2... same thing.... THEN removed the BJ reciol buffer, went back to setting #1...... and flawless operation, double taps, rapid fire..... yay! Now I just need to tweak the PK-AV red dot that I put on instead of the Kobra, and I'm "in business"

Spaciba,

smokie

All mine fit snug as a bug.My S-12 is a older EEA gun.

I could see where they may be slightly smaller than factory mags. I think my older EAA model has a smaller magwell, which required sanding of all 5 of my 5 round mags and both my 8 rounders to get them to seat and lock in easily. These 10 rounders snapped right in just like I expected my other factory mags to (but required zero wearin or sanding or anything).

My 5 rounder has been flawless. The 10 round AGP mags I have had some problems with. I am using a new Tromix conversion S-12. The metal clips on the AGP mags were coming off and shooting the shells all over the place. I am still waiting on the new clips. The only time I have had feeding problems is when using dirt cheap ammo that deforms to much.