One-of-a-Kind Saiga-12

Just finished all of our builds, one dozen total. All of them were built for employees and local friends, not for resale.

All of them are 12.5" NFA with small gas-ports. All of them run Walmart low-brass. Gas-system prototype (beta-gun) ran 500rds, without needing gas-assembly cleaning.

Eleven of them were straight-forward normal configured conversions, one (mine) I did quite a bit different.

Sights, folding-stock, heat-shield, mag-release, HK paint, flashlight-mount, as well as a few other tidbits are unique to my personal gun.

I was anxious to get it together for a pic to post, so I didn't waste time installing trigger parts :osama: .... still need to drop in the trigger-parts sometime later today.

I will get it buttoned up, and post more pics tommorrow.

Matt

C&S Metall-Werkes

matts-s12xx.jpg

Edited by C&S Metall-Werkes

Sweet man! That's awesome! Glad to hear she feeds well without having to enlarge the ports. When ya get the FCG installed put up a good pic in the pinned thread we made for S-12 conversion pics.

Ok you know what my first question is...

What kind of stock is that? That's cool! :super:

Thanks for the positive comments, fellas :)

Gas system was tricky ... goal was to get it to run the cheapo wal-Mart stuff with a wide open bore (pre Polychoke) and use small ports. In the end I was able to get it to run 100% on that ammo, even firing from the hip with a loose grip. Once I got to that point, I had the poly chokes installed.

Modified Fal stock with an Ace adapter.

I am not a big shotgun guy, but once we started rolling on this project, and it started taking shape....this has turned into my favorite gun "Period" :smoke:

AGP's 10rd mag is what really sets the Saigas off. If we were in England, I would call the queen and ask Kevin to be 'knighted'. $60 bucks is a screaming deal for these mags. I couldn't believe the quality when they arrived. I haven't fired them yet, but I am really excited to shoot the mags.

Thanks again guys :D

C & S,

I'm in Bridgeton. Nice job. How much would I have to grease your palms to do a conversion like that except in 18.5 inches?

Thanks!

I would recommend Tony for conversions. I have seen his work and it is beautiful (as everyone here knows) and we have had several business dealings with him and he has been great!

Come by the shop and see the gun. It is going up for sale this Friday. Car issues (cracked head) have forced me to put most of my guns up for sale. Already sold my Glock, 870, A5, MAC10, M11, and just sold my HK_MP5 two weeks ago.

Have to figure out what I have in this gun parts/labor, then (unfortunately) sell it.

I have one 18" gun up here with a custom faux suppressor (bbl shroud). Very light and looks very real. Not for sale, but pretty cool looking nonetheless.

Thanks for all the comments fellas! :alucard:

C&S, man I've been trying to find out who and where the hell you are. I'm in Ofallon and had heard about your shop from Doc (lots of class 3 right?), but didn't have a name or a clue for a phone book look up.

Your build turned out nice, I got your info from the sig line so I'll have to take a run by.

Are you going to do anything at the St Charles Convention Center Show?

WTF are you driving to sell off so much stuff for a cylinder head? Looks like there's more than a few of us in the St Louis area floating around on the forum, now we just need some decent places to shoot near home.

Edited by 6500rpm
C&S, man I've been trying to find out who and where the hell you are. I'm in Ofallon and had heard about your shop from Doc (lots of class 3 right?), but didn't have a name or a clue for a phone book look up.

Your build turned out nice, I got your info from the sig line so I'll have to take a run by.

WTF are you driving to sell off so much stuff for a cylinder head? Looks like there's more than a few of us in the St Louis area floating around on the forum, now we just need some decent places to shoot near home.

RPM, here's their website: csmetall-werkes

You can find their address and phone number on their "contact" page. They are on OLD 94 south of 94 before Old 94 runs into Jungermann.

This keeps up, we are going to have to start an STL Saiga Club.

Speaking of shooting, if you haven't heard, Busch Rifle and Pistol range is shut down for a couple of months while they do repair and maintance. A friend of mine didn't check the website and drove out there Sat, and found out the hard way.

Edited by Shootin's Fun
Just finished all of our builds, one dozen total. All of them were built for employees and local friends, not for resale.

All of them are 12.5" NFA with small gas-ports. All of them run Walmart low-brass. Gas-system prototype (beta-gun) ran 500rds, without needing gas-assembly cleaning.

Eleven of them were straight-forward normal configured conversions, one (mine) I did quite a bit different.

Sights, folding-stock, heat-shield, mag-release, HK paint, flashlight-mount, as well as a few other tidbits are unique to my personal gun.

I was anxious to get it together for a pic to post, so I didn't waste time installing trigger parts :osama: .... still need to drop in the trigger-parts sometime later today.

I will get it buttoned up, and post more pics tommorrow.

Matt

C&S Metall-Werkes

matts-s12xx.jpg

I really like that stock. Did you use the Ace AK stock adaptor and fit it to the FN stock or use the FN Ace adaptor and fit it to the Saiga? Details please, if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks

Thanks for the positive comments, fellas :)

Gas system was tricky ... goal was to get it to run the cheapo wal-Mart stuff with a wide open bore (pre Polychoke) and use small ports. In the end I was able to get it to run 100% on that ammo, even firing from the hip with a loose grip. Once I got to that point, I had the poly chokes installed.

Modified Fal stock with an Ace adapter.

I am not a big shotgun guy, but once we started rolling on this project, and it started taking shape....this has turned into my favorite gun "Period" :smoke:

AGP's 10rd mag is what really sets the Saigas off. If we were in England, I would call the queen and ask Kevin to be 'knighted'. $60 bucks is a screaming deal for these mags. I couldn't believe the quality when they arrived. I haven't fired them yet, but I am really excited to shoot the mags.

Thanks again guys :D

What sights did you use on your gun?

Hey 6500, come by the shop. Fri 10-6 and Sat 10-4 hours. Lots of Class 3 stuff, ask for Matt and I will pull some cool mg's & supressors out of the safe for you to check out.

Car is a POS....when this one dies (driving on borrowed time) have to buy a new one.

Sights are ultra-low mounted HK front with triple-ring blade. Rear is M16A2 dual aperature.

Stock is modified FAL with custom attachment bracket I made, and is bolted to an ACE hinge mechanism. Its REALLY comfortable and fast. Folds up nice too, can hip shoot it with the stock folded.

I'll post detailed pics of all of the mods tommorrow, should answer any questions about conversion/custom parts.

Thanks guys! :)

how do you like the HK sights? have you had any problems with zero due to the receiver-cover-mounted rear sight?

Lowered the front as far as possible to keep the plane right on top of the gas assy. Don't forsee any issues with top-cover, fitted it super-tight to reciever box. Pretty hard to get on-off, but locks the rear sight tight.

Tony's been doing the HK's without issue. Imho, the HK front is the best shotgun front sight. Rear, as long as the peep matches the front, your good. Sights were dialed in at 25 yards.

I stopped by Matt's shop today and that things fucking awesome, the picture doesn't do it justice. Matt, if you run across this post again and dont mind, you should put up some pictures of your sight set up. The AR/HK combo works out very nice and the stock set up puts everything right where it belongs and makes the whole thing feel very natural to hold.

Anyone with some spare coin needs to find the store in his sig line, it's a class 3 candy shop.

Do you have any detailed pictures of how you integrated the FAL stock with the ACE folder? Please shed some light on us guys who like to tinker around (mainly because we don't have the money to spend on art).