How many e-mails does it take to order a gun?

This must be some sort of a record.

I have a customer that has sent me 39 e-mails throughout the course of ordering his gun.

I have made 31 replies.

If everyone did that, I would be out of business.

Tony

LOL, maybe he's just lonesome. :)

damn. I called/emailed you like 5 or 6 times discussing and changing my specs, and I thought I was a nag. then again I spent more on my saiga12 and mags than I did on my new car. (96 saturn w/147k mi for 1,000$ :rolleyes: )

still, has the guy been changing his order 39 times or just writing to say he loves you? if he has been changing his order he needs to make up his damn mind. If he is writing to say HI, he is a sad lonely guy. guess its the price of fame though tony.

...I spent more on my saiga12 and mags than I did on my new car. (96 saturn w/147k mi for 1,000$ :rolleyes: )

Same here, I spent more on my Saiga and it's friends than I did buying the car to drive it to the range. (86 Ford LTD w/155k mi for $420)

Edited by GatorGunner

Well I agree that dude is being a nuisance but on the flip side of the coin it absolutely SUCKS as a customer when you get zero feedback. I have a pistol sent out to be hard chromed and the only way I even know it got there is I sent it requiring a signature. I am not worried yet just figure he is like everyone else that once they got the money they give a rats ass about anything else. Next week is when the estimated turn around time is due. If it is 6 weeks out instead of the quoted 4 and the guy doesn't do me the courtesy of a QUICK response to an email OR a QUICK return call then I will be worried.

Look at it this way Mr. Rumore. Nobody is bad mouthing you because you not only do good work BUT you understand you have people's toys and tolerate their childishness. Luckily not everyone is a nuisance. You remind me a lot of my mustang shop owner. Both your and his esteemed reputation comes from service and character as much as product and results.

Just my two cents as a soon to be happy or totally pissed off consumer.

I was recently managing my stored E-mails and noticed how many I have from certain people. Often they're just quick replies on a small item or two, or they're very reasonably going over different ideas.

My thought on quoting revised timetables is that it's better to make progress on the item than to keep everyone posted on the new ETA. Different customers have different timetable needs and expectations, so that's the sort of thing I'd gladly answer when asked, but leave it up to the customer to do the asking.

I feel your pain. I deal in Night vision equipment and I spend a great deal of time answering emails. What gets me is when I trade 30 plus emails with someone and then I get an email from them saying they just purchased a PVS 14 from somebody else...

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

Heh, I feel bad, I emailed you twice and haven't even placed an order (not that you're lacking those!).

But I also understand your pain. I work in technical support, and there's a particular customer that calls me all the time...he is on first name basis with me, literally starting phone calls "Hi Frank, its me, Melvin..." (names changed to protect the innocent). I'm just a tech support rep, but I think the guy just misses talking to me. Sheesh!

This must be some sort of a record.

I have a customer that has sent me 39 e-mails throughout the course of ordering his gun.

I have made 31 replies.

If everyone did that, I would be out of business.

Tony

The customer was ME.... I'm guilty of being the dumb-ass and nuisance (thorn in Tony's side on this particular 20ga build). Sheesh... after reading this post, I went back into my personal email account to add-up the total number of emails I had sent to Tony since end of December last year... and sure-as-shit, it came out to 39 emails :blink: .

I could convey some information in my defense as to why there were so many emails... but that might possibly be construed as being argumenative to Tony's point: "If everyone did that, I would be out of business." I would not begin to disagree with him on that point... and I'm sorry to learn that I've unwittingly 'set the bar' to some previously unpublished record :ded:.

Yet... I surely expect a TROMIX "beauty" built to my specific requests and to Tony's exemplary standards and craftsmanship!

~Gary

Edited by Gary

I thought it was kind of funny, actually. That's why I posted it.

39 e-mails from a good guy is much better then a couple from an ass-clown, trust me.

Your gun will be done in a couple of days. It's ripped apart on the bench right now, but I took the afternoon off to move my new Bridgeport Milling Machine (DRO, Power Feed, etc) into the shop. It's quite and upgrade from my old POS Jet.

Tony

yup, gary did it. LOL goddamn man, THIRTY NINE?? thats a lot. had to be the first to point the finger and go "hah hah" at ya. sorry.

Yep, I absolutely deserved that from Bvamp.... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lolol: ... :lolol: ... :D ... :D ... :D ... :P ... :P ... ;)

What you all are not aware of is the reason behind all my emails to Tony during this build were due to several unique or different things I was asking him to do: modify his galil charging handle design (we traded damn near a dozen emails just on that :huh:), modify the Russian tactical forend I sent to him (asked him to grind/cut part of the integral picatinny rail), and questions regarding a quick detach rear sling swivel mount for the ACE folding mechanism.

I will admit to being hugely relieved that Tony later replied in this thread that he "...thought it was kind of funny..." (regarding the number of emails that I had sent to him) and that he found me to be a good-guy and not an ass-clown (I'm still scratching my head over that one; what exactly IS an "ass-clown"? :huh: ... :lolol:). Like, the last thing I'd want to do is piss-off the guy, the artisian who's working his magic on making "my baby."

Heck, unbeknownst to Tony, I even PM'd, emailed, and got on the telephone with Jeaux (since, at that time he was the last guy to visit Tony at his TROMIX shop) to ask his advice on a few matters regarding how I might approach Tony with this or that (like I've said, I really didn't want to piss the man off). I also inquired with Cobra76two regarding the adaptability of the Russian tactical forend, just to save Tony the headache of receiving yet another email inquiry from me.

But, ummm.... I'm not a complete imbecile: Nowing how anal-retentive I can be about some things ("know thyself"), and how much of a perfectionist I am regarding my passions (in this case, my TROMIX Saiga-20)... would any of you be surprised to learn that I tried to "grease the skids" with Tony by sending him a gift or two during this build? Tis true. Tony was appreciative (as far as I know) and I greatly appreciate his patience with me throughout "the birthing" of this, my new most prized possession. :super: ... :super: ... :super: ... :super: ... :super: ... :P

Hey, If I set some sort of record with Tony.... and he's honestly not ticked-off about it.... then "DAMN... CHALK ONE UP FOR 'OLE ME!" :haha:

Seriously though, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I pushed the outer envelope with Tony though my emails.... But I believe it will all be worth it in the end.

damn. I called/emailed you like 5 or 6 times discussing and changing my specs, and I thought I was a nag. then again I spent more on my saiga12 and mags than I did on my new car. (96 saturn w/147k mi for 1,000$ :rolleyes: )

still, has the guy been changing his order 39 times or just writing to say he loves you? if he has been changing his order he needs to make up his damn mind. If he is writing to say HI, he is a sad lonely guy. guess its the price of fame though tony.

Ha , I got that beat. my wife paid her van off one year early. I got the title and took out a 1 year loan on it from the bank to pay for a nfa weapon. needless to say she was pissed. :)

I feel bad now.The ammo I run through my guns costs more than my truck(It was given to me).My trusty 95 S10 with 250k miles.

I placed my order with Tony and have yet to call.I feel like that will,in some way,help it get done "faster"

Gary, dont forget that all important pic once you take poession! You KNOW we are all waiting for that! :lolol:

Johnny Gun -- You're damned straight! I even went and ordered a TROMIX.com long-sleeve T-shirt (from some online custom T-shirt place) just for the photo opportunity once my baby arrives. Yep, I got'er all planned out (the photo thing)... :D

Edited by Gary

.........heh, heh, heh, heh, heh....................

Gary, I told you months ago to just relax, sit back, de-obsess, and wait for it to happen.........

Waiting on a TROMIX gun is always hard, but the payoff is always worth it..................................

39 separate e-mails ???????? heh, heh, heh, heh, heh.......................

Aren't you glad Tony is such a patient guy???? You're gonna love your gun.....................

.........heh, heh, heh, heh, heh....................

Gary, I told you months ago to just relax, sit back, de-obsess, and wait for it to happen.........

Waiting on a TROMIX gun is always hard, but the payoff is always worth it..................................

39 separate e-mails ???????? heh, heh, heh, heh, heh.......................

Aren't you glad Tony is such a patient guy???? You're gonna love your gun.....................

Jeaux -- Yes, I'm absolutely greatful that Tony is a patient guy. Ummm... and I was basically relaxed through a lot of this wait, believe it or not (like gee, I think more than 45 days went by during this wait, during which I didn't email Tony at all :lol:). The thing for me was, being somewhat compulsive-obsessive regarding my TROMIX S-20, I couldn't stop hashing over the details in my mind regarding precisely how I wanted the gun to ultimately turn out... which prompted a few additional detailed communications with Tony concerning "tweeking" things. My biggest 'sleep-loss' largely involved what Tony will ultimately do with the galil charging handle option I asked for. Anyway, I won't deny that I "obsessed" <_< ..... :lolol:

Sadly, this is really my only one shot at owning a gun of this nature. My missus isn't as flexible with my passions on such things as yours :wacko:; she's already laid the law down that this gun will be it! So, I want it to be right... and something that I won't make second guesses about months down the road. Like hey, I even ordered from Tony one of his SPAS-15 folding stocks to have on hand simply as an additional stock option for the gun. THAT'S how over-reaching obsessive I can be.... :lolol: ... :lolol: ... :lolol:

hey, at least you CAN have one where you live, and you are getting one.

nobody will stand up to you once you have it. theres no fucking way. youd have to be outright retarded.

did i point at you and go HAH HAH yet? i think i did. 39 emails? hahah.....come on now. tony will take care of ya. its a bit of a wait, but he will do you right.

took out a 1 year loan on it from the bank to pay for a nfa weapon. needless to say she was pissed. :)

ya know I've often thought about that :devil:

A machine gun is a better investment than a vehicle. The average price of a machinegun has doubled in the last 5 or 6 years. Try buying a new car and selling it for double. Won't happen. A transferable machinegun is absolutly one of the best investments in the country. Before you go buy stocks and bonds, buy a machinegun. While your waiting for the increase in value, you get to hold on to a machinegun instead of a peice of paper and will probably make more money off the investmen. Run this one by your wives. For real!!! Show here the math, I can help you find the numbers to show her. :super::super:

guns are the best investmnet. period. they might not go up as good as stock or an IRA, but they DO NOT devalue. so you are safe.

and it is the american way, after all. sound logical investment if you ask me.