No more Siagas

I placed a order for a Saiga 12 for my Old Man the other day and the dealer (who usually knows what he is talking about) said that no more Siagas can be imported anymore. I knew that they couldn't import AKs as of Dec 31 2005, but I thought that the "sport" configuration of the Saigas saved them. Anyhow input is appreciated, as I might have to go on a buying spree. :dollar::killer:

I placed a order for a Saiga 12 for my Old Man the other day and the dealer (who usually knows what he is talking about) said that no more Siagas can be imported anymore. I knew that they couldn't import AKs as of Dec 31 2005, but I thought that the "sport" configuration of the Saigas saved them. Anyhow input is appreciated, as I might have to go on a buying spree. :dollar::killer:

Your dealer is a dumb ass.Call FBMG or Gilberts guns etc.

I only refer to dealers when I want quick answers, and usually I take them with a grain. Its been my experience that the online community is a much better medium to get the 411 on anything gun related.

However, good luck finding one, they can be had, but you might have to do some digging, unless you want a tromix.

www.tromix.com

www.atlanticfirearms.com

www.gilbertsguns.com

www.stanleysproshop.com

Thanks, though I would check, the dealer is accually a buddie of mine and is pretty sharp, he just doesn't get the most reliable info sometimes. I also heard this from second hand my old man so he might of confused it with something else or they might of been talking about HR1022 or something :rolleyes:

Thanks, though I would check, the dealer is accually a buddie of mine and is pretty sharp, he just doesn't get the most reliable info sometimes. I also heard this from second hand my old man so he might of confused it with something else or they might of been talking about HR1022 or something :rolleyes:

What people aren't telling you is that RRA has only been importing them for a short while now. EAA was the last people to import them before and was bought out. The new owner of EAA didn't choose to keep importing them so there was a period when they wasn't brought it. Not they weren't allowed, which was a common misconception during that time. They are alive and well and we are waiting for the Russian's to send the next batch. There is a huge demand for them and a slow limited, slow supply line. Get on the list at Gilbert's Guns in KY for a IZ-109. This is probably the model you will want.

What people aren't telling you is that RRA has only been importing them for a short while now. EAA was the last people to import them before and was bought out. The new owner of EAA didn't choose to keep importing them so there was a period when they wasn't brought it. Not they weren't allowed, which was a common misconception during that time. They are alive and well and we are waiting for the Russian's to send the next batch. There is a huge demand for them and a slow limited, slow supply line. Get on the list at Gilbert's Guns in KY for a IZ-109. This is probably the model you will want.

I accually already have IZ109 that I'm going to do a conversion on shortly, (Ive got a couple AR builds to do). I found one for my old man it should be shipping at the end of the week. He couldn't resist getting one after he shot some 10 round mags out of mine. :killer:

I heard there would be a limited number of the 12s coming in these recent shipments so I'm not surprised there is a shortage right now. Not to sound like Colbert, but I called it ;)

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry127367

Can't blame RAA though, in talking with them they said they only get what models and numbers the Russians will give them.

I heard there would be a limited number of the 12s coming in these recent shipments so I'm not surprised there is a shortage right now. Not to sound like Colbert, but I called it ;)

Can't blame RAA though, in talking with them they said they only get what models and numbers the Russians will give them.

I just got off the phone with James from FBMG and was informed that RAA is lagging on delivery of ALL S-12 models. He had no info as to when they might come in but I hope to aquire one somewhere soon. Anyone have any info on IZ-109 BS 19" for sale immediately? PM me with any info. Thank you in advance.

I just got off the phone with James from FBMG and was informed that RAA is lagging on delivery of ALL S-12 models. He had no info as to when they might come in but I hope to aquire one somewhere soon. Anyone have any info on IZ-109 BS 19" for sale immediately? PM me with any info. Thank you in advance.

There is one in a shop local to me I can give you info if you want it

There is one in a shop local to me I can give you info if you want it

Joe, it seems that you are closer than greatmoose. could you pm me with the info and let me know how much it will set me back. Thanks .

Here is the real scoop , the Ruskys have been filling a military contract and shorting imports into the US since Feb 2007 and the supply will not get better until early summer.

That will be a happy military! :super:

atlanticfirearms, its been a little longer than that, actually.

there were some "issues" in the military that have led to this recent "obscontion" of saigas. but I promised not to say anything. so there you go.

the saigas CAN be imported. when a shipment of arms or munitions comes into PORT, however, the govt. has dibs, and can buy the whole shipment (which they have been doing for years now, hence wolf ammo shortages), at market value, and thats that.

I can also say that saigas are being bought by us, the taxpayer, to replace indigeonous personell's weaponry, as well as the munitions for them. there is also the matter of a select few units using these weapons in our military right now.

sorry I cannot be more specific, do not ask. Im not divulging any information other than this above, as per request.

http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,1463..._XM-26,,00.html

Does anyone really know if these are in the sandbox?post-1979-1174633007.jpg

the saiga 12 IS in the sandbox. period. I will not substantiate the information. I was asked to not. I have to honor this, and I hope that you all understand.

this is a SUPERIOR FIREARM. IN ALL RESPECTS. I am very happy that some people in the military would recognise this, and go with it. "its what they want" after all.

i didnt read that article.

I can confirm that they are killing the heathen enemy. that is about all I can say, however. sorry for the vagueness.

The Marines were voicing great disappointment over the recent fielding of Benelli M-4 semi-auto 12 gauge:

m4Feature.jpg

It has not performed as well as expected and from I understand, spends an inordinate amount of time in the armory waiting to be repaired. The Saiga 12C was a close second to the Benelli in trials and due to certain non-performance aspects, (no factory in the U.S., no last round bolt-hold, etc.) it was not chosen. Of course, being a Russian design was probably a potential P.R. heartburn for the military if the Saiga had passed and was selected to be issued to troops. I for one, would have welcomed it on convoy duty or when we assisted in the "Pacification" of Falluja.

The Marines were voicing great disappointment over the recent fielding of Benelli M-4 semi-auto 12 gauge:

m4Feature.jpg

It has not performed as well as expected and from I understand, spends an inordinate amount of time in the armory waiting to be repaired. The Saiga 12C was a close second to the Benelli in trials and due to certain non-performance aspects, (no factory in the U.S., no last round bolt-hold, etc.) it was not chosen. Of course, being a Russian design was probably a potential P.R. heartburn for the military if the Saiga had passed and was selected to be issued to troops. I for one, would have welcomed it on convoy duty or when we assisted in the "Pacification" of Falluja.

I was wondering if the S-12 was even considered in those trials since it was a Russian design, do you have any sort of a report? Just curious since I've heard here and through a few other channels that S-12s are in the sandbox and the users love them.

you mean they actually considered a civilian variant gun instead of the military Saiga-12's?

I saw this weapon on a Jet Lee movie once.On the subject of rumors some dumbass working at Walmarx told my girlfriend that Mace was illegal here in Ohio and that they did not carry it in the store.I told her to go to K-Mart. I really want to know who that dumbass was so i could "inform" him of the laws....

you mean they actually considered a civilian variant gun instead of the military Saiga-12's?

The Saiga-12C is the military variant I understand was submitted for evaluation during the Joint Service Shotgun trials along with several other manufacturers:

sig122l.JPG

http://club.guns.ru/eng/saiga12.htm

Edited by Ronswin

Ronswin, can you site any source for this? I'm disputing it, I would like to read it.

I saw this weapon on a Jet Lee movie once.On the subject of rumors some dumbass working at Walmarx told my girlfriend that Mace was illegal here in Ohio and that they did not carry it in the store.I told her to go to K-Mart. I really want to know who that dumbass was so i could "inform" him of the laws....

I live in Ohio too. That is dumb. You don't even have to register a gun in Ohio. Unless its a class 3. About the K-mart thing. Did you know that on 9-11 K-Mart pulled all their ammo off the shelves. They said they did to protect us!!! :eek: I haven't spent a dollar there since.

My opinion is based primarily on asking Marines toting M-1014's on duty and armory types doing the weapons maintenance while deployed with a Marine Expeditionary Force (MEF) during OIF II. I'm not saying the M-1014 is completely FUBAR, mind you, I am saying Marines I questioned are not particulary overjoyed with it's reliability nor ease of maintenance. I did screw up and post a photo earlier of an civilian M-4 not a true M-1014.

12inch_m1014_01.jpg

Some reading on the M-1014. Of course, Mr. Baber is pushing the merits of his company's shotgun over the current issue:

http://www.defensereview.com/modules.php?n...cle&sid=741

"..the Benelli M1014 Joint Service Combat Shotgun, which has been experiencing horrendous failures on the battlefield, due to parts breakage and reliability and maintenance problems. They can't handle the sand. They [benelli M1014s] just stall and stop working in that environment," Cates said. Earlier, Mr. Baber had gone into more detail about the rather serious-sounding reliability and maintenance problems that the Benelli M1014 Joint Service Combat Shotgun is experiencing in the Sandbox (in-theater of operations)."