SWEET!

The 4 barrel shotty in No.2 was pretty cool as well!

Not to mention the cuda!

:up: ... :up: ... :up: ... :up: ... B)

Damn... forgot all about the nastiness of the brain-drilling-sucking flying orb. It's a good one!

(That Cuda was pretty-damned sweet too! :rolleyes:)

DEATH STAR!!! hands down!

Personally, I think such a recommendation is totally JACKED-UP.

Favorite fantasy movie weapon? Provided answer: A weapon that completely obliterates an entire planet? Friggen abominably unconscionable to recommend such a weapon, IMO.

Were the cinematography special effects extraordinarily fantastic with the Death Star? Abso-friggen-lutely. BUT, the mere notion of glorifying such a monstrosity is sick. Just my opinion.

Judge Dredd's weapon the Lawgiver.... totally awesome!!!

Death Star? Lame. Much like the entire Star Wars. Vorlon Planet Killer? Yeah, that was cool as hell. However, my personal sci fi weapon is fairly modest: Minbari war pike. Being an avid martial arts student, I appreciate a deceptively simple staff (which is not only a vertisile yet, humane weapon, but also a bases for other weapons, from spear to Kwan Dao and halberd). Having it being able to telescope makes it into a totally new possiblieites. As far as Judge gun... well... the only think I can say is someone who made the comic is surely compensating the lack of size somewhere else... It ain't the size, it is a shot placement

:-)

sounds like someone has a case of pikal envy!

actually i liked that one too, but was thinking of weapons with range....

I was thinking more personal weapons but some of the aircrafts would be cool. at the time clint eastwood's russian firefox was cool.

+1 just for remembering Firefox, an obscure and overlooked Eastwood movie, although most of what made the MiG-31 (Firefox, not what became the actual MiG-31) remarkable is much less far-fetched as it seemed back then.

Not a movie.....but the Ids BFGs in Doom 2 and Quake 2 were the coolest ever. Nothing puts the fear of the lord into ya like hearing one of those crank up.

lol....Red 9 said that allready....next time i should read all the post. Ill put an honorable mention in for the rail gun then.

Edited by akok
for what it did....i'll take the Vorlon Planet Killer form Babylon 5....

Dude, you seriously just tanked on the cool-points-o-meter.

lol

pretty much anyone answering this question is tanking on the cool meter....at least if you ask my wife.....

we're all a bunch of sci-fi, comic loving gun toting geeks....lol

I happen to have thought B5 was a great show, the planet killer was just more dynamic than the death star.....

Babylon 5 :wub::super:

Crusade :unsure:

Legend of the Rangers :ded:

Agreed 100%

crusade...could have been good given more time to develop, but TNT wanted Baywatch in space, not a thinking mans sci-fi show.....thus an early death.

Legend of the Rangers was DoA.......a show about the Rangers would have been very cool if done right....that one however sucked ass......all due respect to JMS.

while we're at it.....a StarFury (thunderbolt version) as a personal vehical would be nice........

For a purely evil looking weapon, and thus cool as hell.... hard to top the Shadow ships

actually the only ship i didnt like on that show was the Whitestar.....looked like a big plucked chicken in space!

You know, folks. To me, the ranged weapons are... not as much fun as close in weapons. What is a lazer rifle or a klingon disruptor? Just another weapon: point and press the button. No finesses, no art to it. Batleth, or a Warpike are much more artful. Of course, so are the fighter planes.

Minbari Heavy Fighter from B-5. TIE DEfender from Star Wars.

AS long as we are on it: KLINGON MODULAR MINI DISRPUTOR

Anybody ever watch above and beyond?

As a Jarhead, I always wondered about that one.

Marines in space and all....................

That was another show that died too soon.....think it could have been much more.... tho there were some subplots i could do without in it...the AI's were cheesy as hell....

Firefly was really good too, some nice eye candy on that ship.... and the story and witty future western banter was fun as well.

Edited by RangerM9

The Seaview sub from Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea!

Season 3 drops on DVD June 19th!

Also anything the evil Dr. Zin invented on Johnny Quest!

Auc17_555.jpg

robot_spies_1_1.jpg

the Venture Brothers had the best take on the walking eye.

i actually feel a little guilty for enjoying the Doom movie.

i guess i started liking it when the [plot] twisted away from the Rock (as Sarge) and towards Karl Urban (as Reaper- which is a kickass nickname) does the 1st person shooter sequence. maybe it was because it was novel, maybe it was nostalgia for all those times i played Doom, maybe it just worked for that type of film... i just think the 1st person was awesome. :killer: