SURVIVAL RETREAT

My homes the only retreat,its as good as anywhere else,everything i need is here.Its rural,has a garden and a two wells and a pond with fish.Plenty of wild game plus I could easyly raise a "crop" of chickens if needed.Guns arent an issue :smoke:

THE HUNTER, Glad you are thinking of this. Many places on web have options. "Modern Survival.net" Especially being a city dweller. Can you even get out in a emergency? Looked at just rush hour mess in most cities. They are screwed. Best to figure on hunker down plan. Myself/family are on farm in a county of 3,000 90 miles from any population over 25,000. Just always have basic survival bag since my job takes me to major cities throughout U.S. Wife calls it "Get Home To Her Bag"

My homes the only retreat,its as good as anywhere else,everything i need is here.Its rural,has a garden and a two wells and a pond with fish.Plenty of wild game plus I could easyly raise a "crop" of chickens if needed.Guns arent an issue :smoke:

+1 Pointer :super:

Home weet home!

I'd be worried about the fact if S does HTF that city folk would come to rural areas to stock up on supplies. IE steal your stuff. Let's face it unless you have a compound with 10 foot razor wire you can't watch your crops and chickens 24/7. You also can't be rambo and take on 20 some potentially armed citizens. I'd advise stocking up on food stuffs that can be stored until a further contingency plan can be developed.

I'd be worried about the fact if S does HTF that city folk would come to rural areas to stock up on supplies. IE steal your stuff. Let's face it unless you have a compound with 10 foot razor wire you can't watch your crops and chickens 24/7. You also can't be rambo and take on 20 some potentially armed citizens. I'd advise stocking up on food stuffs that can be stored until a further contingency plan can be developed.

No,but i might be able to take out 19 of them :D

True...thats why it is important to have your own network of relatives and friends that can band together....kinda like a clan.

My primary bug out kit is comprised of stuff loaded into six (6) 5-gallon buckets and two (2) flats of bottled water. They can be loaded into either vehcile I own in a matter of a minute. The basic breakdown is Food (2), Medical (1), Camping (1), Defense (1) and Latrine (1). The latrine bucket is mainly for the missus, and it comes with a snap on toilet lid.

The 5-gallon buckets are an important feature. First, they keep everything seal water tight (mostly). Also, they give me the option of filling up a 30 gallon water reserve.

At the moment, home is my primary bugout hideout. And the camper is secondary. Home is just about in the middle of the sprawl-between Wash, D.C.,Baltimore and Annapolis. I do have a acre of land and I am NOT on a through road. Most people don't know there are houses (about 130) back here. The camper is a 22' older Nomad TT. I am on a well and have a generator (not primarily for SHTF, mainly because BGE power is unreliable in storms).

I do NOT do much JUST for SHTF I think that if you just keep it way back in your mind when planning/buildingbuying - whatever, you can make some intelligent choices.

If you build you'r life around SHTF scenarios-you are paranoid! If you plan flexibility into your life, you are just practical.