http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjdsfiveacresQQhtZ-1

this seller on ebay sells at some low prices, take a look at completed auctions. you will have to compete for them, but the bigger lots are a steal.

Took a look at the link you provided and many thanks for that, Bvamp! As MRE's come packed as a meal inside a plastic pouch which, in turn, is packed inits own cardboard box, it looks like he took a bunch of MRE's, opened both the boxes and the pouches and is selling the components individually. Haven't done the math, so I don't know how this works out dollar-wise but I did check www.mrefoods.com where they sell a variety 12-pack of complete meals for $56 (no side dish) or $62 (with side dish). Both come with heaters to heat up your meal. Best part? NO SHIPPING/HANDLING!

They also have what they refer to as "A-Pack" meals which look to be a civilian equivalent at (IIRC) $72.95. These are described as being a self-heating MRE.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjdsfiveacresQQhtZ-1

this seller on ebay sells at some low prices, take a look at completed auctions. you will have to compete for them, but the bigger lots are a steal.

Took a look at the link you provided and many thanks for that, Bvamp! As MRE's come packed as a meal inside a plastic pouch which, in turn, is packed inits own cardboard box, it looks like he took a bunch of MRE's, opened both the boxes and the pouches and is selling the components individually. Haven't done the math, so I don't know how this works out dollar-wise but I did check www.mrefoods.com where they sell a variety 12-pack of complete meals for $56 (no side dish) or $62 (with side dish). Both come with heaters to heat up your meal. Best part? NO SHIPPING/HANDLING!

They also have what they refer to as "A-Pack" meals which look to be a civilian equivalent at (IIRC) $72.95. These are described as being a self-heating MRE.

Nice link there, and just something I noticed (nothing personal)... but I would caution about any of mrefoods.com's Miscellaneous items. Most of those bulk canned goods you could get at a megamart like Costco or Sam's Club, or even perhaps a Restaurant supply store for cheaper. Just pulling something off the Sam's Club website, you can get 12 50oz cans of chicken for $94.56 Canned Chicken Link, and mrefoods offers 12 24oz cans of chicken for $91.

Costco does has an MRE-esque "7 day emergency gourmet instant meal kit" for $90. (21 meals + 4 deserts) Emergency Meal Kit Link Menu Link

And about the "member only" part, try checking out the motels and hotels around the store, sometimes in their coupon bins by the door you will find one time use entrance coupons. Or you could go for the "I want to try before I commit" approach with the front door person. Just hoping to save anybody from overpaying.

Edit: if you have a BJ's Whlesale near you Free One Day Pass

Edited by GatorGunner
Looking to put up sopme MRE's, anyone have a source??? Cheap... Or the food bars, cheap...

Don't know how cheap these guys are but I've bought some surplus equipment from them in the past and they have great prices and good quality.

http://www.majorsurplusandsurvival.com/

Hope that helps.

Also, are you familiar with MRE's? I'd pack a .45 pistol with my MRE stash because eventually that .45 will start to look more appetizing than another MRE. :ded:;)

Looking to put up sopme MRE's, anyone have a source??? Cheap... Or the food bars, cheap...

Also, are you familiar with MRE's? I'd pack a .45 pistol with my MRE stash because eventually that .45 will start to look more appetizing than another MRE. :ded:;)

Just to show my age... I much preferred the old C-rations to the early MRE's. Unfortunately, C-rats aren't available anymore (sigh!).

GatorGunner -- 50 oz and 24 oz cans of chicken???? That's gotta make for one heckuva individual ration! I'd have to pass on both of those regardless of price as I prefer the original 'individual meal' approach of the real MRE's. Besides, the individual meal approach makes for a better tactical way to feed either troops or my family. Also easier to prepare. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Aethelbert

Just to show my age... I much preferred the old C-rations to the early MRE's. Unfortunately, C-rats aren't available anymore (sigh!).

GatorGunner -- 50 oz and 24 oz cans of chicken???? That's gotta make for one heckuva individual ration! I'd have to pass on both of those regardless of price as I prefer the original 'individual meal' approach of the real MRE's. Besides, the individual meal approach makes for a better tactical way to feed either troops or my family. Also easier to prepare. Just my 2 cents.

for your dog then

You show me those things where two people can eat under $5 a day, I'm game. I don't think any of us should be eating anything less than them other than occasionally unless it's cheaper. I mean, I can slice up some potatoes and brown some GB with some onions and eat on the cheap real easy. I actually eat SPAM. Not at the top of my list but edibile on occasion.

I totally agree with you, I guess that part was more thinking about stocking your "home away from home" underground nuke/riot/zombie/hillary-proof hidey-hole

I actually eat SPAM. Not at the top of my list but edibile on occasion.

(enter singing Vikings)

SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAMMITY SPAAAM, SPAAMMITY SPAAAM!

SPAM,SPAM,SPAM,SPAM.....

(exit singing Vikings)

Is there anything better than scrambled eggs and spam for breakfast? Wash it down with some black coffee...now that's eating!!!!

(enter singing Vikings)

SPAM,SPAM,SPAM,SPAM.....

(exit singing Vikings)

Is there anything better than scrambled eggs and spam for breakfast? Wash it down with some black coffee...now that's eating!!!!

Now, that breakfast sounded so good that I fixed scrambled eggs and fired, sliced SPAM for supper -- only I got downright decadent about the coffee: hazelnut coffee with cream for the wife and cafe mocha for me.

Wait a minute... I think I hear those doggoned Vikings singing at the front door!

(enter singing Vikings)

SPAM,SPAM,SPAM,SPAM.....

(exit singing Vikings)

Now, that breakfast sounded so good that I fixed scrambled eggs and fired, sliced SPAM for supper -- only I got downright decadent about the coffee: hazelnut coffee with cream for the wife and cafe mocha for me.

Wait a minute... I think I hear those doggoned Vikings singing at the front door!

I bought a can of Spam that says it's made with bacon. I haven't tried it yet. Kinda wondering if it's gonna be any good. And I don't eat mine with eggs. I usually eat it with mac and cheese and try to imagine it's ham. :unsure:

(enter singing Vikings)

SPAM,SPAM,SPAM,SPAM.....

(exit singing Vikings)

you fry it racegal?... hold on... they still make that?

I bought a can of Spam that says it's made with bacon. I haven't tried it yet. Kinda wondering if it's gonna be any good. And I don't eat mine with eggs. I usually eat it with mac and cheese and try to imagine it's ham. :unsure:

Ahhh spam, the delicous meat like product that comes with a personal lubricant. Ill be honest, I kind of like spam, once in a while it really hits the spot. If you eat too much it kind of makes you queasy though, thats the spam hangover. One can at a time.

Anyway, I agree with the mountain house idea, they are quite palatable, and inexpensive at wally's. I try to keep a good stock of canned goods along with a supply of dehydrated foods. A few bucks a week on the emergency food/gear is well worth it.

Ahhh spam, the delicous meat like product that comes with a personal lubricant. Ill be honest, I kind of like spam, once in a while it really hits the spot. If you eat too much it kind of makes you queasy though, thats the spam hangover. One can at a time.

Anyway, I agree with the mountain house idea, they are quite palatable, and inexpensive at wally's. I try to keep a good stock of canned goods along with a supply of dehydrated foods. A few bucks a week on the emergency food/gear is well worth it.

You should be a moderator then!

ROFLMAO! Eating that stuff doesn't quite give me that right but thanks. :)

so spam is like hot pockets?

yup... 34 and never had spam to my knowledge

Fried spam and tomato sandwiches. I had those for dinner as a kid. It beat tomato sandwiches, wich is what we had more often.

Spam omlet and fried spam and eggs for breakfast, unless we had some homemade scrapple.

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Jun 6 2007, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fried spam and tomato sandwiches. I had those for dinner as a kid. It beat tomato sandwiches, wich is what we had more often.

Spam omlet and fried spam and eggs for breakfast, unless we had some homemade scrapple.

wtf is spam... redneck tofu?... or a processed item

><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G O B @ Jun 6 2007, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Fried spam and tomato sandwiches. I had those for dinner as a kid. It beat tomato sandwiches, wich is what we had more often.

From Wikipedia- Spam

Spam is a canned precooked meat product made by the Hormel Foods Corporation. The labeled ingredients in the Classic variety of Spam are: chopped pork shoulder meat with ham meat added, salt, water, sugar, and sodium nitrite. (also known as deeelicious)

><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G O B @ Jun 6 2007, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Fried spam and tomato sandwiches. I had those for dinner as a kid. It beat tomato sandwiches, wich is what we had more often.

From Wikipedia- Spam

Spam is a canned precooked meat product made by the Hormel Foods Corporation. The labeled ingredients in the Classic variety of Spam are: chopped pork shoulder meat with ham meat added, salt, water, sugar, and sodium nitrite. (also known as deeelicious)

so it's a hot dog cube-ish thing

and what is "scrapple" ?