I don't know what possesses some people...

keeps shooting his FA AK until the grips are burning.. and then keeps going.

I gave up asking where the logic is when it comes to having fun with firearms... but this seems to go in the vein of throwing $4000 china on the floor. Am I missing something? :huh:

Edited by trident

Could be a post dealer sample.... Then it is basically worthless.

It would also explain what he is trying to show, that you can just keep shooting until they catch fire and then some.

I don't see any cases when he is shooting, so either they are just not showing up on the video or it's a faked video.

This video comes up often in every gun forum I've ever visited. The story I've read over and over on this vid, is that the guy was about to lose his Class III license, and had to destroy (or at least get rid of, I don't know) his Class III weapons. So that's why he did it.

This video comes up often in every gun forum I've ever visited. The story I've read over and over on this vid, is that the guy was about to lose his Class III license, and had to destroy (or at least get rid of, I don't know) his Class III weapons. So that's why he did it.

He speaks the truth. I've seen this explained twice before now.

There is another video similar, with an AKS-74U. That one doesn't get burned like this, but gets thrown in mud, and has a jam that is cleared in a manner that involved leaning over the rifle to step on the charging handle.

One of those Vids may be one of our members? I was shown an AK once upon a time that had the hand guard pretty much burned away, that you could see that the barrel and gas tube had been VERY hot. As the story goes, they just kept feeding mag after mag until it cought fire and threw it in the creek. I wish I could elaborate on the rest, but let's just say that AK's aren't known for durability for nothing.

There is another video similar, with an AKS-74U. That one doesn't get burned like this, but gets thrown in mud, and has a jam that is cleared in a manner that involved leaning over the rifle to step on the charging handle.

Seen that one too. I was like "WTF!!" when I saw him put the buttstock on the ground, then proceed to stomp the charging handle like he was trying to start a dirtbike, while the barrel was pointed at his head :rolleyes: .

• 1 month later...

After looking at this video that was posted AGAIN on another thread....it occured to me to point out that If I were the cameraman, this guy would have gotten a "free punch" from me.

why?

well, its kind of like when someone you hunt with shoots right past you, or birdshot hits you or that kind of stuff, or someone hands you a loaded gun inside thier home to show you it, and you clear it for them.

Noone has pointed out, the gun slows, then stops firing. the guy drops the mag, which is good, but walks away, without racking the charging handle, thus most likely leaving a live round in the chamber, and actually turns right at the end of the video, and the muzzle passes right over the cameraman.

This would get you hit by me if you did that in person, or in the case of a big burly dude that dont get it that could crack my skull, a severe reaming out.

with the gun that hot, im surprised the round didnt cook off by the time the video stopped.

I violated the rule that you CLEAR the gun when done firing one last time time, almost with a lethal result. My tactical setup I sling under my armpit, and after running a short course a couple of times with a few 20 round mags, I simply took the mag out and walked back down out of the woods. well, needless to say, either heat, jarring of the gun, or something on my coat caused the gun to fire the last round in the chamber right down my leg and into the ground next to my foot. If the round had gone into my leg because of the angle, I would probably be dead from a 20 second bleed-out. If not, I am sure I would have been crippled. The scare it gave me was punishment enough.

THIS IS BAD JUJU, BOYS!

FIREARM SAFETY SHOULD BE SECOND NATURE TO ALL OF US, AND THOSE THAT ARE NEW SHOULD BE GUIDED TO HAVE IT!

Edited by Bvamp
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
What a total jackass he should be arrested.

Yes, he should be arrested because we don't like the way he's treating HIS piece of property. He's having too much fun! Or something.

It's HIS gun. As long as he doesn't hurt anyone else he should be able to shoot it until the damn thing melts. I don't see what the problem is.

Yes, he should be arrested because we don't like the way he's treating HIS piece of property. He's having too much fun! Or something.

It's HIS gun. As long as he doesn't hurt anyone else he should be able to shoot it until the damn thing melts. I don't see what the problem is.

Just b/c he didn't hurt himself or anyone else doesn't mean that he couldn't very well likely have done so. Its already been illustrated how he blatantly ignored the safety of himself and the at least the camera man while "having too much fun." On top of that he puts this video on youtube glorifying it. [sarcasm]Yay more idiots should do the same thing[/sarcasm]

Just b/c he didn't hurt himself or anyone else doesn't mean that he couldn't very well likely have done so. Its already been illustrated how he blatantly ignored the safety of himself and the at least the camera man while "having too much fun." On top of that he puts this video on youtube glorifying it. [sarcasm]Yay more idiots should do the same thing[/sarcasm]

Free Will.

More laws will not prevent people from hurting themselves. What law precisely did he break and for what reason should he be arrested? What new law should be passed to prevent this 1 instance of doing something unsafe.

God help us if we have more people going out and shooting their guns! Maybe we should ban them! :eek: (end sarcasm)

Seriously - think about it. He should be arrested!?! Because he could have hurt himself?!?! What type of nanny government bullsh_t is that?

Freedom, by definition is not secure. Slavery is.

• 2 weeks later...

Free Will.

More laws will not prevent people from hurting themselves. What law precisely did he break and for what reason should he be arrested? What new law should be passed to prevent this 1 instance of doing something unsafe.

God help us if we have more people going out and shooting their guns! Maybe we should ban them! :eek: (end sarcasm)

Seriously - think about it. He should be arrested!?! Because he could have hurt himself?!?! What type of nanny government bullsh_t is that?

Freedom, by definition is not secure. Slavery is.

I think bvamps statement says it all, those who are familiar with safety measures should guide those who arent.

The rest of it is bullsh17, and the reason it is that saying a person should be arrested is that its the same as saying "Someone should do something about that" instead of the right thing, which is "I should do something about that" man up and do the right thing, dont ask someone else to fix your problems.