...and into the night...lol.

Man I love living out here in the country! Every 4th of July and New Year's Eve the whole area around here sounds like a firefight! People use the holidays to excercise their freedom and make as much noise with as many guns as possible!

I'm loading some mags! :super:

Edited by Cobra 76 two
...and into the night...lol.

Man I love living out here in the country! Every 4th of July and New Year's Eve the whole area around here sounds like a firefight! People use the holidays to excercise their freedom and make as much noise with as many guns as possible!

I'm loading some mags! :super:

Sounds like a battle field here too i have some wooden bullets to make some noise with tonight.

We went out Saturday afternoon, shot my flintlock for the first time in about 4 years. The amount of practice I need with that is scary, so I picked up the Saiga-12 and destroyed some random junk before the junk ended up in the bottom of the pit.

No hi-power rifles there though too close to town.

2 more hours untill the Wooden bullets fly :super:

post-6703-1199156321_thumb.jpg

What exactly are wooden bullets for :unsure: (I honestly know nothing about wooden bullets) ? They look cool as hell though :D .

Wow those are cool man! Do they leave burns on the rifling or anything? I've never shot any, do they have any accuracy at reletively short range like less than 50 meters? Or do they just tumble and fly off willy nilly?

22_Shooter from what I've heard they are for practice, kind of like blanks but with actual projectiles. They just don't have the same potential to damage things far away like a real bullet. Still wouldn't want to get hit by one though...

They won't fly for miles and come down in some unknown inhabited area.

2 more hours untill the Wooden bullets fly :super:

post-6703-1199156321_thumb.jpg

What exactly are wooden bullets for :unsure: (I honestly know nothing about wooden bullets) ? They look cool as hell though :D .

Wow those are cool man! Do they leave burns on the rifling or anything? I've never shot any, do they have any accuracy at reletively short range like less than 50 meters? Or do they just tumble and fly off willy nilly?

22_Shooter from what I've heard they are for practice, kind of like blanks but with actual projectiles. They just don't have the same potential to damage things far away like a real bullet. Still wouldn't want to get hit by one though...

They are used for training purposes the bullets don't travel far they splinter as soon as they leave the muzzel, They do make a nice flash though but lack the power to cycle the action. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=310818

That's what I started thinking: training rounds of some kind. I don't have a need for them, but I want some, because they look :smoke: .

To keep on topic: I'm unfortunately not doing anything gun related for New Years :( . I just got outta work, and I'm about to head out to a local dive bar with some buddies (but I had to check the forum. I feel like I'm missing something if I don't check it at least 2 times a day :rolleyes: ). Happy New Years all!!!!!!!

fixin to do some 12 ga mag dumps...heeheehee

LOL, I love the 4th and New Year's Eve. I know exactly what you mean Cobra, sounds like we're being invaded here in our little backwoods community. I heard what had to have been a 50 cal, about 4 times, as well as dozens of various booms from every direction, none of which I believe were fireworks. Somebody's holdin out on me, I gotta find out who's got a dang 50 cal around here because I want to shoot it.

No shooting here. And even worse I may be joining Bvamp in the no bang bang crowd, as the $400 per year membership fee for the ONLY private range in this county (and the only place to legally shoot rifles) is due by Jan. 30.

Might need to set this year out. Other priories.

Be verry carefull- this may happen where you live.