Reality Ck - some State Laws....

This isn't even a Complete List of Actual Firearm Restrictions: (PG, etc.....)

AMMO RESTRICTIONS:

Alaska - No Ammo.

California - No Handguns. No Hi-Cap Mags without a Hi-Cap Mag Permit.

No Defense/Clip Fed Shotguns. No Semi-Auto Rifles. No M-16 Bolts.

Los Angeles, Sacramento, & San Francisco, CA - No Ammo without a FFL.

Connecticut - No Semi-Auto Rifles.

Hawaii - No Pistol Mags over 10rds. No Ammo.

Illinois - No Ammo without a FFL.

Maryland - No Handguns. No Hi-Cap Mags over 20rds.

Massachusetts - No Handguns. No Hi-Cap Mags without an FFL.

No Defense/Clip Fed Shotguns. No Semi-Auto Rifles. No Ammo.

New Jersey - No Hi-Cap Mags over 15rds without a FFL.

New York State - No Handguns. No Mags over 10rds.

New York City, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island, & Queens - No Handguns.

No Mags over 10rds. No Ammo. No NFA Restricted Items.

Washington DC - No Firearms. No Hi-Cap Mags. No Ammo.

Washington State - No M-16 Bolts.

APO & FPO Addresses - No Ammo.

</EM></STRONG>

So, what is looming in the near future, If Someone doesn't Stop Them!

Sadly this is what happens when citizens just sit around and let others fight for their rights. Everytime I bring this up people always tell me they vote but yet the statistics don't show this. Just watch the upcoming elections. If they get a 30% voter turnout then it would be amazing. The people who vote are the ones making the rules. I know some are going to take offense but unless we put down the guns for one day and get out and vote we will loose more of our rights every year. Remember politicians and lawmakers depend on the voting public for their jobs and don't want to be unemployed so they do what pleases those who put them in office. This clearly reflects that gun owners are not voting in numbers. The next time there is a law that you don't like ask yourself did I let the lawmakers know, with my vote and letters to their office that I did not want it. I am willing to bet not.

Off my soap box for now.

When I send corispondence to my local politicians on the subject of gun laws all I get from them is double speak.

I don't get any concrete answers. All I can do is review thier prior voting record on gun laws. I vote for the ones

who seem to be at the vey least aware the the constitution exists.

Edited by 1x7.5

First of all, I lived in NY in Dutchess county, which is a "shall grant" concealed carry county. That may change when the current judge on the bench changes, but NO handguns is inaccurate. you have to have a concealed carry permit to BUY or OWN a handgun.

Second, and I argue this all the time. here is the definition of a "large capacity ammunition feeding device":

23. "Large capacity ammunition feeding device" means a magazine, belt,

drum, feed strip, or similar device, manufactured after September

thirteenth, nineteen hundred ninety-four, that has a capacity of, or

that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten

rounds of ammunition; provided, however, that such term does not include

an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating

only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

source - http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menugetf...OMMONQUERY=LAWS

note that I provide a searchable link directly to the NY state senate.

I would like to point out that those hungarian 20 round "tanker" mags that I prefer on my tactical setup, were in fact MADE PRIOR to 1994. they are a late 70's early 80's creation. There are many mags from eastern europe that are advertised as NEW, but are over 20 years old, just never issued before, and stored. THESE CAN IN FACT BE MAILEDor transported into NY State and possessed LEGALLY within the State of New York.

NYC, no gun on a list is allowed in county or other areas and cities. Like albany. syracuse has special ordnances, rochester does, binghampton does, long island (who are we kidding LI is part of NYC now), buffalo, the list goes on.

I went through this a few years ago with an unnamed member here in England, who couldnt get friggin CHOKES mailed to him from the states for his saiga. I explained the laws on it through interpol and where the member lives in england, as well as export laws to the seller. They said that there is no way for them to verify that the guy is who he says he is because of thier FAC ? (is that right? ) sheet for each gun they get. each gun apprantly is certified to you in england individually. A choke is considered a barrel part and you may only buy them and there is not import rule that says that you cannot bring a legally allowable item for personal use to come from overseas. blah blah blah. So all I did, was get the chokes from the seller (EAA in this case), mail the "barrel parts" with a DESCRIPTION OF SPORTING SHOTGUN CHOKES and also wrote his FAC # for the gun it was for on the description on the outside of the parcel. The parts got to him rather fast, if I recall. He as the reciever was 100% responsible for it once it hit British soil. I guess his FAC scan was really his wasnt it....(already knew that).

NYC, no gun on a list is allowed in county or other areas and cities. Like albany. syracuse has special ordnances, rochester does, binghampton does, long island (who are we kidding LI is part of NYC now), buffalo, the list goes on.

You need to certify and declare BVamps, apparantly, when you travel with one to Canada as well, with the "queens permission". Thats a pretty good story, Ill have to tell it sometime to you all.

The law is NOT what companies have to run themselves by, but some (most) do so to greatly simplify their yearly audits. I am not saying companies do anything ILLEGAL, that isnt what Im arguing here, I am saying that its less of a paperwork pile (or mountain) and there are a lot less headaches to deal with if they simply DONT deal with those areas of the US AT ALL.

Edited by Bvamp
  • Like 1

That's why I was confused when I read the NY part of that list. I know you can have handguns and mags over 10 rounds (pre-ban).

Can you elaborate or point me to a link regarding special ordnances in Binghamton? That's where I live, and wanna know all I can about laws, ridiculous as they may be.

Im sorry, The ordnances for area-specific rules do not include syracuse or binghampton, as I stated. They DO include:

NYC

City of Yonkers

Suffolk County

City of Albany

City of Rochester

City of Buffalo

• Like 1

The List Above was centered around shipments of Ammo...I posted it because when I came across it (on one of our fairly well known websites) it dawned on me that it's more than NY and NJ and RPK. And, that if we don't watch out, in the Very Near Future, we may ALL be living with some of this in one form or another - IF WE DON'T Wake Up and Put A Stop To This Nonsense! (e.g. - that is , if a certain nameless party gets elected this year....WE'RE F****D....!)

Edited by BullShark012

In WA (Washington State) it is actually no selective fire/full auto parts bing in possesion, not just M-16 bolts, anything that is a full auto part. Just buying a parts kit with auto trigger parts could get you a felony conviction. Most distributors were not aware of that or did not care until a couple of years ago. I almost got in trouble for buying a HK G3 Kit back in 2000. I say we all go to New Hampshire where they still value freedom.

Sadly this is what happens when citizens just sit around and let others fight for their rights. Everytime I bring this up people always tell me they vote but yet the statistics don't show this. Just watch the upcoming elections. If they get a 30% voter turnout then it would be amazing. The people who vote are the ones making the rules. I know some are going to take offense but unless we put down the guns for one day and get out and vote we will loose more of our rights every year. Remember politicians and lawmakers depend on the voting public for their jobs and don't want to be unemployed so they do what pleases those who put them in office. This clearly reflects that gun owners are not voting in numbers. The next time there is a law that you don't like ask yourself did I let the lawmakers know, with my vote and letters to their office that I did not want it. I am willing to bet not.

Off my soap box for now.

AMEN 6pins, This Is My Point Here...If Not Us, Who? and When?

• 3 weeks later...
The List Above was centered around shipments of Ammo...I posted it because when I came across it (on one of our fairly well known websites) it dawned on me that it's more than NY and NJ and RPK. And, that if we don't watch out, in the Very Near Future, we may ALL be living with some of this in one form or another - IF WE DON'T Wake Up and Put A Stop To This Nonsense! (e.g. - that is , if a certain nameless party gets elected this year....WE'RE F****D....!)

So, it is a list of policies of one vendor and not actual state laws?

I know that Illinois residents can purchase ammo from some vendors without a FFL, I received a shipment from MidwayUSA Tuesday of this week. They do require a copy of my FOID card.

i think its because you have to fly it up there, and "they" don't like shipping ammo on planes anymore.

either that or they think that Alaskans are all dangerous rednecks and they want to dry out their supply so they can't resist when the time comes :-p

I was up there for 3 weeks, everyone's pretty much the same as down here, just a little colder outside lol

• 3 weeks later...

I live in CT and we do have a state AWB, but semi-auto rifles are legal.

Ar15's are legal as long as they aren't Colt(way to be dumb while hurting state businesses lawmakers!). DSA FAL's are legal(FN Fal's are specifically listed as banned, the same as Colt AR15's are). Saiga's are legal as long as they are .223 or .308. "AK types" are banned, but apprently an AK type has 7.62x39 according to them. M1A's are legal.

No rifle can have more than one of the following features:

(i) A folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the

action of the weapon;

(iii) A bayonet mount;

(iv) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to

accommodate a flash suppressor; and

(v) A grenade launcher;

There is also a fairly long list of specific rifles that are banned.

Edited by LKB3rd

It doesn't get much better than Oregon...we are a "shall-issue" CCW state, so $50, a background check and an NRA-certified one day safety class gets you a carry permit. I can even carry legally at my sons school! No AWB...NO restrictions on high-cap mags...NO restrictions on HP ammo...NO waiting period for ANY gun purchase. You pay $10 for an instant background check and take your new gun home NOW. We also have a pre-emption clause that prohibits crazy-ass liberal cities like Portland from enacting more restrictive laws of their own or regulating where carry permits can and cant be used, which is nice because you dont have to worry about accidentally breaking some stupid law simply by crossing a city or county line. I like living here!

Edited by soberups
I live in CT and we do have a state AWB, but semi-auto rifles are legal.

Ar15's are legal as long as they aren't Colt(way to be dumb while hurting state businesses lawmakers!). DSA FAL's are legal(FN Fal's are specifically listed as banned, the same as Colt AR15's are). Saiga's are legal as long as they are .223 or .308. "AK types" are banned, but apprently an AK type has 7.62x39 according to them. M1A's are legal.

No rifle can have more than one of the following features:

(i) A folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the

action of the weapon;

(iii) A bayonet mount;

(iv) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to

accommodate a flash suppressor; and

(v) A grenade launcher;

There is also a fairly long list of specific rifles that are banned.

+2. Beat me to it and saved me a bunch of time.

by the way... We challenged the SF handgun ban (which included the sale / transfer of ALL firearms and ammnition within city limits) and won an injunction and finally its abolishion in Jan of this year.

Taking some of the PC out of the PRC.