Peel & Stick Cammo pattern templates coming soon!

Peel & Stick Cammo pattern templates coming soon!

Perfect for your dura coat job you always wanted to try!

Std and Custom templates will be made available in March.

I will post new news/patterns here.

as they become available.

Sugestions Welcome

new duracoat templates....???

well, new JUGGERNAUT Templates....

but you can use them with any finish you choose...

( I ain't lookin' to get sued)

I still need to figure out some cost..

but they should be "noticeably" cheaper

than name brand templates.

example, Snakeskin depending on scale size will cost more than say digi cam

due to the amount of work involved with the fine detail.

also note that patterns like Mar-Pat and ACU are Copyright protected.

I can come very close, it will be a digi cam. but I will not hang myself by

using patterns or images without proper license.

hot pink and neon green tiger stripe?

:P

hey man, i just cut the shapes.. you pick the colors..

I do however have to paint up a completely innocent set of K-Var for my wifes Romy build.

she wants hot pink, white and black in woodland.

well, with michigan economy, (Worst in the nation).

and 6 local printers in a med. sized town.

prices have become cut throat that NO ONE is making money.

right now it's whoever can starve the longest will win.

Sooo. I need to adapt. use what I got to make a few bucks.

Had this crazy idea, what if I could make a little extra money

doing stuff I love! Gun stuff!

Got a few jobs in house I need to clear out that piled up

during the time I took of for medical reasons.

Then, time to cut loose on the fun stuff!

Sounds great Juggs! I hope you get all caught up soon. I hear ya on doing stuff you like to do and hopefully getting something back for it. That's what I'm trying to do too. Constructuion SUCKS the big one, been doing construction my whole life and I'm sick of it. Even though there's lots of work there always more competition....don't even want to go there...

Hey you think you might be able to get a chance to work on some kickass S-12 forum caps and tees soon too? I know there's at least several thousand members here that would want to sport at least one, and that's just a drop in the bucket to how many you could sell to just plain ol gun nuts! :smoke:

edit....had to go back and fix something to keep the pervs from taking off with my post...lol.

Edited by Cobra 76 two
Sounds great Juggs! I hope you get all caught up soon. I hear ya on doing stuff you like to do and hopefully getting something back for it. That's what I'm trying to do too. Constructuion SUCKS the big one, been doing construction my whole life and I'm sick of it. Even though there's lots of work there always more competition....don't even want to go there...

Hey you think you might be able to get a chance to work on some kickass S-12 forum caps and tees soon too? I know there's at least several thousand members here that would want to sport at least one, and that's just a drop in the bucket to how many you could sell to just plain ol gun nuts! :smoke:

edit....had to go back and fix something to keep the pervs from taking off with my post...lol.

in the works! (Need that TIFF of your blondie s12 here pretty soon as well)

I'm gonna do a basic "Izzy" logo t-shirt here NEX week or so to feel the waters.

u rock and u suck were was my insiders heads up man. i know i was supposed to get with ya last week sorry got busy. lol. :devil: cant wait if ya need any guinee pig donors to test on let me know got some. your close give me a hollar if ya wanna test somethin. and i can still order pink ya know. come on guys its for his wife really it is honest. later devin :haha:

• 2 weeks later...
D! You my no.1 test dude! you get exclusive hands on before any sell to anyone else!

Juggernaut - Sounds great! I do at least a couple Duracoat projects a month, decent templates at a reasonable cost would be great. I usually order from Bulldog Arms. I've posted some of my projects here, and many on AR15.com's refinishing site. That might be a good place for you to try to sell your templates.

I don't think anyone has done a really good Multi-cam template yet. There are a lot of so-so multi-cam templates out there. I end up making most of my own...which is a pain. In order to do it right, you need to order some muti-cam material to copy. I ordered some and use it for the same purpose. If you contact me, I can explain (at least from my point of view) what's different about the templates, and my multi-cams (as opposed to many that you see).

The new thing in digital templates is female templates inside the male templates (I know, I know...snicker, snicker). This is a pretty cool feature because it makes it much easier to do detailed digital patterns. Check out Stang1's stuff on the AR15.com refinishing thread (pics tacked at the top). There are several talented gun painters around, but IMHO Stang1 does the best digital. He cuts his own digital templates, which I have used. They are great for very detailed digital. Bulldog offers templates with or without the female templates. I've used a ton of their digital without female templates, but none with.

I'd be happy to give you more thoughts on templates and refinishing etc. as I've used a quite a few different templates. Best way of getting a hold of me is email chrisg@bkbh.com. I'll try to check back here, but I haven't been very good about checking lately.

DSC02672.jpg

You are not the first guy to ask about the multi cam either...

Last Fun Show I was at with Devin, a guy asked him right there on the floor.

With myself in charge of production, I can tweak or flat out change each generation

with good feed back from you folks who would put bread on the table.

in your guy's opinion.. Who has the best sets out there now.

I'd like to know where to get....um, Inspiration from!....... (Yeah! That's the ticket!)

Juggernaut,

seem like the digi camo pattern is pretty hot right now,

It also might be pretty hard to create

I will buy if you make it.

Thanks,

Lets see what you can offer, make sure it don't shrink on the oven and I will buy from you

digi camo templates.

Lets see what you can offer, make sure it don't shrink on the oven and I will buy from you

digi camo templates.

How hot for how long?????

Thanks for the reminder on that.... I'll make sure I'll pick material that can handle the heat without creating a permanent bond

with the gun.....

Juggernaut,

Thanks,

Not that is hot, but is the only camo that I cant do with Liquid masking anything else is piece of cake

but you need the small square cuts for the digi and pain in the butt to cut out.

digi camo templates.

Thanks for the reminder on that.... I'll make sure I'll pick material that can handle the heat without creating a permanent bond

with the gun.....

Bro on the oven from 110 to 170 degrees all depends from 10 minutes to one hour of cooking it.

Yes brother it cant leave any residue as you peel it, plus don't shrink, see it have to be 10 minutes on the oven

between different layers of paint for camo finishes before final cure on the oven.

Brother the best templates material is lauer's but there digital templates, the main cuts are for the AR15

but it has female and male, you can use must of it on other guns but waste some because

some of the templates are for the collapsible stock and round hand guards of the AR15

but the material they use is easy to peal, sticks good to the plastics and metal, don't shrink

don't leave any residue after pealing, but they are not cheap.

You should peel your pattern while the paint is slightly tack and then bake

otherwise there is all kinds of crap that can go wrong,..

IMO

Juggernaut,

Thanks,

Not that is hot, but is the only camo that I cant do with Liquid masking anything else is piece of cake

but you need the small square cuts for the digi and pain in the butt to cut out.

digi camo templates.

with the gun.....

Bro on the oven from 110 to 170 degrees all depends from 10 minutes to one hour of cooking it.

Yes brother it cant leave any residue as you peel it, plus don't shrink, see it have to be 10 minutes on the oven

between different layers of paint for camo finishes before final cure on the oven.

Brother the best templates material is lauer's but there digital templates, the main cuts are for the AR15

but it has female and male, you can use must of it on other guns but waste some because

some of the templates are for the collapsible stock and round hand guards of the AR15

but the material they use is easy to peal, sticks good to the plastics and metal, don't shrink

don't leave any residue after pealing, but they are not cheap.

Do you guys ever take any of this new camo into the woods and throw it against different backgrounds and walk away from it?

There's a reason they always show these new small pattern "wonder camo" patterns at close ranges.That's because that is their maximum effective range while at a couple hundred yards you just look like a solid colored blob if your pattern is too small to break up your silhouette.

I personally don't like being close enough to anything that could hurt me for multimcam or digicam to actually be effective.

The digicam ws created to defeat image enhancement in spy photos and on surveillance cameras on military installations with some added benefit if you are working against opponents with less than 60LPI NV units but at 400 yards all of these things look like a solid colored blob if the pattern pieces are smalled than a man's hand.

Just something to think about if your camo might be used for more than playing "dress up".

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.