I am slowly filling my range bag. Cobra gave me some good ideas a while back on what to put in it. But, I thought I'd poll you guys and gals. What does the well stocked range bag have in it. Now, remember, I'm just starting to fill my first one, so I've got a lot of stuff to add. So far, all it has in it is: 1. Multi tool; 2. band aids; 3. hearing protection; 4. protective glasses; 5. sharpie pens; 6. hand cleaner; 7. waterproof binoculars and that's it.

What do you have in the well stocked range bag?

I am slowly filling my range bag. Cobra gave me some good ideas a while back on what to put in it. But, I thought I'd poll you guys and gals. What does the well stocked range bag have in it. Now, remember, I'm just starting to fill my first one, so I've got a lot of stuff to add. So far, all it has in it is: 1. Multi tool; 2. band aids; 3. hearing protection; 4. protective glasses; 5. sharpie pens; 6. hand cleaner; 7. waterproof binoculars and that's it.

What do you have in the well stocked range bag?

same + cell phone + boresnake + staple gun

Coors Light - 12 pack.

Tony

That has to be the single most disappointing thing I've ever heard Tony say -- and that includes his announcement that they weren't taking any more orders. Coor's Light? :ded:

I have a tool with 10+ sizes of hex wrenches on it and a magazine brush for cleaning out the mags - especially during matches when they get dropped in the dirt alot. Definitely make sure you have something to use to pop your mags apart.

And don't forget sunscreen!

I know you didn't ask, but I highly recommend the i-SHOT range bag. I have one and it's great. I also use their magazine storage pouches to keep my mags orgazined both at the range and at home.

Jim

I have a DELL laptop bag I got out of a dumpster, works pretty good as a range bag and most people ask "why did you bring a laptop"

LOL

Magazines, ammo, extra foam earplugs, safety specs, targets, duct tape or staple gun with staples, baby wipes (these thing will take shit off of.. well anything)...

and whatever else I may need...

Edited by MD_Willington

Spare Targets (paper plates ooooh), sharpie, stapler w/staples, bore snake, oil, ak sight tool, 4-way screwdriver, extra foamies, leatherman, and a roll of rape-tape. Then rounds and mags for whatever I'm shooting that day.

Good call on the advil, sunscreen, and band-aids

All the above stuff plus:

In my primary bag, a Dilion range bag, which is really focused on handgun first, I keep enough stuff to cover 2 extra shooters besides myself.

Craftsman staple gun, the modern design that looks like it operates backwards.

I like the assorted size of sticky target dots, the larger hi viz handgun targets and some oval hi viz black targets. those are small enough to keep in a range bag.

Hand wipes, not just hand cleaner. Back around 91-92 time frame a friend had too much lead in his blood stream. He was a very active shooter. Next time you are at the range and you touch your hands to your eyes or mouth, especially in hot weather, you just put lead into your system. Yeah, I clean my hands while at the range.

A red shop rag or two, optics wipe for scopes, Lula loader, glock mag loaders, sight adjusting tools for certain guns I shoot a lot. Bore light, small bottle of oil. allen wrenches, some metal picks. Sometimes I toss in an Otis kit.

Mags, ammo, handguns.

Then a big tool box with wheels and STUFF in it!!!! The range bag sits on top of it...................

The truck always has a serious med kit, water, food and snacks so I can refuel and shoot some more.

Edited by Zoub

Staplegun & extra staples, bore sighting laser thingy, field dressing or two, leatherman, spare car key & handcuff key, assorted boresnakes, small pair of binos, rem oil, assorted rags, half a trigger lock, zip lock bags, ak sight tool, shoot-n-see targets of various sizes, a .308 shell extractor, a bottle of ear plugs, left over targets from the last range trip that keep growing in numbers, a couple spent cases that always hide when I clean out the bag, a nasty toothbrush.. + what ever ammo I'm going to be shooting.

I allways bring a 3 piece cleaning rod and some patches and a brush for each gun. I have rescued a few range sessions by being able to run a patch through some poor barell that had gotten it's nose in the dirt.

I keep a toolbox with everything I work on my guns with, adjust any of them or thier parts with, etc etc in addition to pretty much everything mentioned above.

Let me see here, whats in there today (have to check it for the shoot sat. anyhow, so Ill just list it here)

cheap multi-tool (so that I dont retrieve the good one for work and forget it)

small jewelers file

small pocket knife

small piece of emory paper

where did I put my small whetstone, damnit, thats not in there for some reason

dental pick

dental tooth puller

needle-nose pliers

chapman allen head and driver tool set

flat head screw driver

phillips head

batteries for optics and camera (I usually put electricians tape over the positive contacts so I dont have a fire problem)

toothbrush

bore brushes

spare followers

extra strippers w/feeder (just so they are all in one spot)

3 piece cleaning rod

bore cleaner

gun oil

bore patches

ak tool kit

a few assorted spare parts

blue loctite

optic cleaning cloth

targets

I try to not forget the staple gun (with staples) or roofing nails and a hammer, but usually do

I try to bring good binocs, usually forget

I try to bring at least one of my big magnets with a piece of rope to drag the ground after with, cant find them in the storage units, getting mad

more targets of different types, depending where I am going - charcoal briquettes, different sized clays, paper targets,

bowling pins

orange surveyor's paint

shooting vest

ear muffs and ear plugs

camera (for that shit eating grin when someone shoots a tree down for the first time or does thier first bump fire)

ruler - always wind up using a tape measure instead of a metal rule

I dunno, Im sure Ill find something else here that doesnt classify as guns ammo or magazines and edit this.

OH - almost forgot, am now in the habit of shedding nearly all, or all of, the ammunition PACKAGING. one less thing to clean up, and this time will be the first time I use a large brass catcher. I also am in the habit of putting ammunition in bins, mags and other stuff in 5 gallon buckets, and switching that all around during cleanup, with brass going in a bucket, mags in the bins, for ease of cleanup, as well as cleansliness (just wash the bucket out when I empty the brass, mags stay clean in the bins). looking forward to not picking up brass again, and having it go straight into the bucket from now on, for reloading or scrapyard. Im tired of cleaning up in the dark after myself.

Edited by Bvamp

I'll go with most of what's mentioned,

sometimes we use a tripod for the binoculars so some one can call the shots as someone else is shooting,

Rope is handy to lower a bucket down to get water to fill up various "Plastic jugs" full of water, Rope can also be used to tie something to a tree branch and swing it,,,moving target.

There is this clay thrower, looks like a flexible orange stick, my buddy has one in his kit,..

Um,..

The stapler and the sharpie, you have to put your targets up, and right your name on them.

Plastic bag for empty beer, oops,.. I mean soda cans

Plastic bag for spent shells

Plastic bag for spent plastic bags, like the ones holding the ham sandwiches or was that turkey?

We also use small 2 way radios to find out who's taking a nap. and who took all the sandwiches down to the river,...

Coors Light - 12 pack.

Tony