Saiga Abortion for sale

I've been to that guys store. He has a lot of guns, most overpriced. He will hound you like an Arab trader, trying to get you to buy something. He goes for the "make them nervous" tactic by saying "aint getting anymore of these in"...."They stopped importing these"

And his wife has a 50 cal!

I've been to that guys store. He has a lot of guns, most overpriced. He will hound you like an Arab trader, trying to get you to buy something. He goes for the "make them nervous" tactic by saying "aint getting anymore of these in"...."They stopped importing these"

And his wife has a 50 cal!

That is just ugly

Its not even a conversion...it looks like the Tapco Modified stock for unconverted Saigas, which wouldnt be the worst thing in the world except for the fact that he isnt using American-made mags. What he's selling isnt 922r compliant. Put a Surefire or a Mastermolder mag in there and you would be good to go. Of course, an unmodifed Saiga plus a $100 Tapco stock plus $35 worth of US-made mags should cost about $400 total instead of the $500 he is asking. What a ripoff. He also has a .223 with a 30 round mag for sale that is equally 922r non-compliant.

Tapco doesnt bolt on a pistol grip like that. Hell its hanging oof the back of the folding stock and the bolt is sticking out of the bottom of the grip. Looks like he used a 6" drywall screw to hold the pistol grip on to the but stock. EWWWWW Weeeeee! The 50 bmg round is a nice touch though. 500 is a JOKE

HAHA, that's the guy that wanted to sell me a S12 with a folding stock for $900. :rolleyes:

He did bust out some "Well, I ordered 100 of those things and only received 25, and now I only have 2 left. I may get some more around the middle of the summer, I may not."

Whatever dude.

thats funny, thats the guy who is about to get busted for selling packages with hi cap mags in them w/o being up to par on parts :o its his "sniper" package, a .308 with bipod, factory skel stock, 25 round mag and posp scope for 850 or so :eek:

oh, btw, he has been reported....i wonder by who? ^_^

Edited by Vultite

I bought a saiga .308 from him a couple of months ago, but I think I got a decent deal. $430 shipped with a 25 round mag, ended up being about $20 cheaper than the guy at the pawnshop wanted for one with a factory mag. This was before I found this forum, of course.

But then the guy at the pawn shop hooked it up on a S12 last week cheaper than I could find anywhere, so it's all good.

I bought a saiga .308 from him a couple of months ago, but I think I got a decent deal. $430 shipped with a 25 round mag, ended up being about $20 cheaper than the guy at the pawnshop wanted for one with a factory mag. This was before I found this forum, of course.

But then the guy at the pawn shop hooked it up on a S12 last week cheaper than I could find anywhere, so it's all good.

where is this bad ass pawn shop that has all the saigas? all the pawn shops here in vegas have mosberg and lorkin .25's and chit like that.

that is really one butt ugly gun!! that guy is actually about a 45 minute drive from me, but his prices are about twice as much and the stuff he's selling is worth. Really, all of it, just look through his various items on gunbroker..... its a shame, some people will buy the stuff not knowing any better.

And that really is one f***ed up conversion!! :haha:

Edited by rangerdavid

I just sent the seller a question. Let's see what the response is. BTW, here's a cut and paste of it.

I tell you what. Would you be willing to take $150.00 for the gun assuming you'd be willing to take that stock, pistol grip, and foreign made magazines off the thing? I'd hate to buy it and get busted for a 922R violation. I'd have to tell them exactly where I got it from with the obvious 922R violation and I don't think that would be good for either of us.

where is this bad ass pawn shop that has all the saigas? all the pawn shops here in vegas have mosberg and lorkin .25's and chit like that.

Dude, right down the street from my place. The guy that runs the place is pretty awesome, he'll accept stuff with his FFL for free, and if you want to order something out of, say, Centerfire, he just charges you 10% over what they charge, which I think is totally reasonable. But for stuff off of gunbroker he doesn't charge you a dime.

One time my kel-tec su16 jammed up on me and I couldn't get the offending shell out, so I took it to him. He fixed it, then pulled a mag off a gun on the shelf, dug through a coffee can of bullets, pulled out a couple of .223, said "fire in the hole," and took the thing in the back of the store and shot it off. It was awesome. All these people in the store were ducking for cover.

look at it this way... any one of us that has the OEM stock left over could get that and put the OEM stock back on it...

but it is still damn ugly as is...

Yeah, but you'd be paying $500 bucks for a gun that you could get for less than $300....

look at it this way... any one of us that has the OEM stock left over could get that and put the OEM stock back on it...

but it is still damn ugly as is...

Yeah, but you'd be paying $500 bucks for a gun that you could get for less than $300....

you're correct!

yea, the guy is a moron, gunbroker said they would talk to him and make sure all weapons are compliant, but i somehow doubt they are enforcing anything, and of course, anyone contacting this guy via gunbroker account regarding compliancy, he doesn't reply, piss poor in my book. MY beef with him isn't the horrible job he did on that saiga, but the .308 saiga he's selling which is all orginial, with a POSP scope and hi cap mag (no conversion)

EDIT: this rifle for sale is interesting, so interesting that the ATF has been contacted about it so a definate answer regarding this "sniper setup" can come to a conclusion, he also is selling more then 1 that way....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=94274953

Edited by Vultite
yea, the guy is a moron, gunbroker said they would talk to him and make sure all weapons are compliant, but i somehow doubt they are enforcing anything, and of course, anyone contacting this guy via gunbroker account regarding compliancy, he doesn't reply, piss poor in my book. MY beef with him isn't the horrible job he did on that saiga, but the .308 saiga he's selling which is all orginial, with a POSP scope and hi cap mag (no conversion)

EDIT: this rifle for sale is interesting, so interesting that the ATF has been contacted about it so a definate answer regarding this "sniper setup" can come to a conclusion, he also is selling more then 1 that way....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=94274953

What he is doing isnt really any different from any of the online stores that sell hi-cap Saiga mags, or 30 round duckbill mags/folding/pistol grip stocks for SKS's. The gun itself is legal; the hicap mag is legal; its only a violation once the two are combined. I got boned at a gunshow when I bought my Saiga, I assumed that because the AWB had expired and the dealer had an FFL that the hicap mags he sold me with the gun were legal to use. My mistake for not reading up on 922r.

the ATF has been contacted

You are a gun owners worst nightmare, a gun owning ATF snitch!

Contacting GB is one thing. Contacting the FEDERAL GOVERMENT, the ATF, the same ATF that gun owners despise? Over a 922 violation?

You just turned one of your own (for a lame reason), over to the enemy!

You're a snitch.

the ATF has been contacted

You are a gun owners worst nightmare, a gun owning ATF snitch!

Contacting GB is one thing. Contacting the FEDERAL GOVERMENT, the ATF, the same ATF that gun owners despise? Over a 922 violation?

You just turned one of your own (for a lame reason), over to the enemy!

You're a snitch.

Wow, such anger, well since you have "blown my cover" i'm not a snitch, in fact, i don't even believe it was me that said anything to anyone except to him and gunbroker, i sent him a email wondering the legality of the gun and GB as well, it was a buddy of mine who happens to be a officer that put in the question, so thanks for assuming, i'm just relaying, and he isn't "one of my own" and never will be. Don't forget he has been attempted to be contacted regarding the issue several times without a reply. This guy makes the rest of "us" look bad for not paying attention to laws, but this is what he does for a living right?. He could at least state something about r922 on his auction but doesn't, and doesn't care to reply to anyone not bidding on his item. So, since i'm a snitch, got anything you want me to snitch about? anything your hiding?

Edited by Vultite