Cutting down my barrel with a chop saw:)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a west bank cop of 12 years tell me they don't arrest people with sawed offs here because their is no federal court here. :wacko: OK so that makes it legal.

:lolol::lolol::lolol: makes you feel safe in this city Good thing we have ultra carry II and saiga 12's

" Hey bra, it's a west bank thaaang".

Just goes to show, "Da west bank is da best bank bra!!!" Hehehehehe :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

I'm suprised to hear that comming from JEFFERSON PARISH !!!!!

I GUARANTEE HARRY LEE felt different. :ded::ded::ded::ded::killer:

I'm a Cop, I'm also a gun nut, and falling head over heels with my converted Saiga 12. I like building guns, built a couple AKs and a 1919a4 from kits. I also have a couple B-P cannons, LOVE Tannerite, and host a Cowboy action shoot in my back yard Visit My Website. I gave my opinion earlier on cutting barrels.

ML Roak

Never forget that this is a PUBLIC forum. Anything you post here (or nearly anywhere else on the 'net) is readily accessible to the majority of people in the USA, and a whole bucking funch of those in the rest of the world too.

.....That would explain the black helicopters flying over my house.......

Do those choppers have chromed-out 23" wheels and make a sorta rythmic loud bass sound as they go by, and vibrate the windows on your house ??? You can just barely see the top of the pilots heads over the top of the seats, and real low to the left???

Do those choppers have chromed-out 23" wheels and make a sorta rythmic loud bass sound as they go by, and vibrate the windows on your house ??? You can just barely see the top of the pilots heads over the top of the seats, and real low to the left???

I love it. How about Spinners? Did they have Spinners? MAN.

Edited by saiga12fan

:eek::lolol::lolol::lolol:

I know I am saying what was already said... I want to reiterate...

It is a FELONY to cut the barrel of the shotgun below 18" without paying the tax... or to have the proper FFL do it for you.

as some mentioned you can reattach a muzzle device and be legal again...

WRONG!!!

IT IS ILLEGAL TO FABRICATE A SHOTGUN OF LEGAL LENGTH FROM AN SBS (short barreled shotgun)

To reattach and permanently attach any muzzle device to the previously shortened shotgun is NOT LEGAL. once illegally shortened the shotgun REMAINS ILLEGAL no matter what you do to it...

at this point I do not know if removing the short barrel totally and replacing it with a legal barrel would count, someone with a little more intel on this needs to chime in here.

ALSO...

as Cobra stated so well... we DO NOT CONDONE discussion of illegal firearm fabrication. Our intent is to educate those users here so they DO NOT make poor decisions that will break any laws.

Please, If you MUST cut the barrel down, remove it first, and then reattach AFTER the permanent muzzle device is installed or have a qualified FFL Gunsmith do the work for you.

:smoke:

If you first remove the barrel how is it making an SBS? IT is a part. If you want to buy or make a new barrel that is 10 inches with a 8 inch legally attached can then re install it it is fully legal. If you want to modify the barrel while on the gun it is ILLEAGAl. Any work on a removed barrel is LEGAL as long as the barrel that is reinstalled on the gun is legal lenght.

Cops are people too and yes there are many here, just like there are lots of other govt employees. Don't say shit on here that you wouldn't say in front of a JUDGE and you will do just fine.

Indeed. I work for the federal government but not in any law enforcement capacity. Just a regular joe.