Their "religion" is about a thousand years behind the rest of the civilized world. Cavemen with machine guns. :ded:

I wont say there are not decent ones here and there, but the majority of them have a lot of catching up to do.

Their "religion" is about a thousand years behind the rest of the civilized world. Cavemen with machine guns. :ded:

I wont say there are not decent ones here and there, but the majority of them have a lot of catching up to do.

Abso-fucking-lutly! Primitive religion with the vast majority of the followers being undereducated. The ones who live in the western world are more moderate and educated, but to be a "good" muslim you must support the ignorant extremists against all the infidels.

I do feel bad for the Muslim supporters of our troops over there that understand and back what we are trying to do for them.

No matter what the original reason for the war, our troops are trying and dying to make it so they can have a better life.

However many there are of them that support us are looked upon with hatred by their own people, and looked upon by distrust by our people because we are fighting another war where all of the people look and dress the same, and its impossible to tell the good guys from the bad guys unless you catch them in the act.

They are the ones that are truly screwed.

EDIT spelling

Edited by waltham_41

Don't buy into the hype. Extremists of any religion are the ones who get the press. The same media who reports on the "danger of islam" will turn around and do a report on "the danger of assault rifles" the next day. Islamic suicide bombers and terrorists aren't any different from the KKK or the "christians" who bomb abortion clinics, they just get all the attention.

If maintream Islam truly does demand the destruction of other religions...how do you account for the Christian communities that have peacefully coexisted with the Muslims for centuries in Iraq, Iran, Ethiopia and Palestine? IIRC, Saddam Husseins foreign minister was a Christian.

I am not discounting the threat posed by Islamic fundamentalism. I'm merely saying that we shouldn't rush to judgement and let blind predjudice control our thinking. The biggest threat facing our country isnt a few suicide bombers, it is our total dependence on imported oil. Solve that problem and we have nothing to fear.

Edited by soberups

I don't buy into the hype, but people do tend to get along well when their leader is a despot who puts it blunty, "stir the pot and you'll see the inside of a chipper shredder"...

I work with people from everywhere and they are all different religions... no problem here we all get along.

You think there'd be any repercussions if you put a video on Youtube of burning the Torah?

How about Burning the Bible?

What about the Qur'an?

My bet is that you could get away with 2 of the 3 in today's age and not have your life threatened.

I wonder which 2?

I say we put them all in fenced communities and make them see our point of view!

Don't waste the fence.

It's like teaching a fish to ride a bicycle...a complete waste of time.

I don't buy into the hype, BUT anyone who tries to use force or coercion to make others bent their will or beliefs to accomodate their own is NOT doing Gods work, but rather advancing the opposing force!

I have a t-shirt with a pic of a subdued American Flag on it and it says in big letters "Belligerent Infidel".

I love the looks I get in almost any convenience store. :smoke:

Where can I get a shirt like that?

-E

:devil:

I got a friend who makes them. I'll see if he has any available, if you're interested.

I got another one he made. On the front, it says "Raghead Tobacco Company". On the back, it has a pic of two Ranger types, holding rifles and lighting cigars, standing over a dead terrorist. It says "Anytime is a good time to smoke a raghead. Fire one up today." I don't wear that one too much, it might be going a little too far. But it sure looks cool.

I'll see if I can get some pics.

I got a friend who makes them. I'll see if he has any available, if you're interested.

I got another one he made. On the front, it says "Raghead Tobacco Company". On the back, it has a pic of two Ranger types, holding rifles and lighting cigars, standing over a dead terrorist. It says "Anytime is a good time to smoke a raghead. Fire one up today." I don't wear that one too much, it might be going a little too far. But it sure looks cool.

The second one seems a bit much, I might piss off a couple of co-workers, don't care but I need my job. I would still be interested though.

-E

:devil:

Don't buy into the hype. Extremists of any religion are the ones who get the press. The same media who reports on the "danger of islam" will turn around and do a report on "the danger of assault rifles" the next day. Islamic suicide bombers and terrorists aren't any different from the KKK or the "christians" who bomb abortion clinics, they just get all the attention.

If maintream Islam truly does demand the destruction of other religions...how do you account for the Christian communities that have peacefully coexisted with the Muslims for centuries in Iraq, Iran, Ethiopia and Palestine? IIRC, Saddam Husseins foreign minister was a Christian.

I am not discounting the threat posed by Islamic fundamentalism. I'm merely saying that we shouldn't rush to judgement and let blind predjudice control our thinking. The biggest threat facing our country isnt a few suicide bombers, it is our total dependence on imported oil. Solve that problem and we have nothing to fear.

I agree that extreme cases are what get the most attention in the media. I also acknowledge that many Muslims are decent people. However, the fact is that the religion itself is inherently intolerant of other faiths and aggressively expansionist. Some Muslims choose to ignore those aspects of Islam, and simply want to live in peaceful coexistence with people of other faiths. However, Muslim doctrine is quite clear in stating that non-Muslims should be offered the opportunity to convert to Islam or accept dhimmitude (subservient, second-class citizen status), and that they should be killed if they refuse those options. Muslim doctrine also indicates that Muslims must seek to make Islam the only religion in the world. Historically, when the Muslim world has been strong enough to pursue that agenda, they have done so. Christianity used to be widespread in northern Africa, but Muslims conquered that area and systematically suppressed the Christian faith. Now, very few Christians remain there, and those that do occupy a subservient position is society. There were significant Christian populations in Persia, but the same thing happened there. Remember the wide conquests of the Ottoman Empire? Christianity was prevalent in many of those areas, but no more. Some Muslim rulers have chosen to be fairly tolerant when it suited their interests, but the laws have remained on the books to be used whenever expedient. When Islamic law is followed as written, the only way to be respected and to succeed in Islamic society is to be Muslim. Faced with that reality, many people from other religious backgrounds living in Muslim-controlled areas convert to Islam over time, or they leave if they can. Just because groups have "peacefully coexisted" doesn't mean that they have enjoyed anything approaching equal treatment. Saddam Hussein's Foreign Minister being a Christian was perfectly in keeping with how Dhimmi have been used in Muslim societies; for example, to act as liaisons with other countries where Christianity is prevalent.

At the moment, the Muslim world is not strong enough militarily to pursue open campaigns of conquest, so other methods are being employed. Unless Islam undergoes a truly dramatic reformation in which intolerance, domination, and oppression are rejected, the ultimate aim of Islam will remain exclusive global supremacy.

As for dependence on foreign oil, we get most of our foreign oil from Canada and Mexico. Of course it would be best to be "energy independent" (and we could be if rational oil exploration and nuclear development were allowed), but it is erroneous to suggest that we would have nothing to worry about from radical Islam if we were.

Are there good Muslims? Sure, but they've rejected several core ideas from Islam that Muhammad himself practiced.

That's the biggest difference between Islamic extremists and other extremist groups (such as the "abortion clinic bombers" mentioned earlier in the thread). The other faiths/beliefs do not have a violent imposition of their views as part of the doctrine (in their religious text). While sometimes in history other faiths have and in some cases still are fighting, it's not central to the faith.

The Quran is the only religious text I have seen that calls for killing the "unbeliever" and spreading their faith by means of force. Some will argue that there are verses like these surahs in the Old Testament, but I would argue that the OT verses are quite specific as to who the enemy is (none are currently in existence either), wheras the surahs in the Quran are more open-ended (using the word "unbeliever" instead of "Hittite" for example).

In short, the people bombing abortion clinics are not acting in accordance with the Bible. The Islamic extremists are acting in accordance with the Quran.

Are there good Muslims? Sure, but they've rejected several core ideas from Islam that Muhammad himself practiced.

That's the biggest difference between Islamic extremists and other extremist groups (such as the "abortion clinic bombers" mentioned earlier in the thread). The other faiths/beliefs do not have a violent imposition of their views as part of the doctrine (in their religious text). While sometimes in history other faiths have and in some cases still are fighting, it's not central to the faith.

The Quran is the only religious text I have seen that calls for killing the "unbeliever" and spreading their faith by means of force. Some will argue that there are verses like these surahs in the Old Testament, but I would argue that the OT verses are quite specific as to who the enemy is (none are currently in existence either), wheras the surahs in the Quran are more open-ended (using the word "unbeliever" instead of "Hittite" for example).

In short, the people bombing abortion clinics are not acting in accordance with the Bible. The Islamic extremists are acting in accordance with the Quran.

Well said! Concise, and accurate.

That is why I maintain that we are at war with a religion, not a specific country over there, it could well have been Iran or Syria. Their religion is the weapon of mass destruction.

I have nothing against the moderate ones that are like the majority of the people of the world who just want to live the best life that they can. The nut job ones need to be taken out or we will never be safe. They are getting better armed every year that passes by. Whats next? Them having Nukes?

Just to stir up the proverbial s**t, ive always thought it funny that the same people who buy into a three to almost two thousand year old book are the ones most likely to call the Qu'ran (written about 600AD) a "Primitive Religion."

hehe. Last time i checked, the majority of all religious folk are of lower education (not meant as an insult, but i believe an honest fact.) As the number of PHDs goes up, the number of churches goes down, for any local demographic. The Amish, for example, stop school after 7th grade, as "too much education leads to excessive pride" which of course threatens the religion.

Now all that being said in fair humor, seriously, what business is any of this to me? we have religious freedom in this country. Period. that isnt "for everyone except the followers of Islam." Behind closed doors or out in the open, any American is allowed to worship any god they wish, without fear of persecution.

Right?

That being said, no one is allowed to push their beliefs on me, no matter the origin of the belief, and just as i would gladly fight to defend his religious freedom, i would fight to keep mine.

Norseman, I'll call my friend and see if he has any of the Belligerent Infidel shirts. What size you want? They are od green with black lettering and of course black subdued flag.

I wear XL

Thanks

-E

"Just to stir up the proverbial s**t, ive always thought it funny that the same people who buy into a three to almost two thousand year old book are the ones most likely to call the Qu'ran (written about 600AD) a "Primative Religion."

6000 (book of Job, some say maybe 10,000) to 2000 (new testament) year old and primitive both in structure and age. Would a 20 year old be more primitive than a 6 year old? It is ESPECIALLY primitive when compared to the Bible as the qu'ran leaves out 60-80% of the details of the stories that it quotes from the bible.

" Kill your enemies".....you can't get anymore primative.

"Love your enemies, bless those who curse you", ...........well.......that is as sophisticated as you can get !!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but as the great grandson of Lebanese immigrants, I find this horribly FUNNY !!!!!!! I want one !!!!!! I live in the counrty so folks here will be down with it.

I can't stop laughing, that's some funny shizzle !!!!!!!!

Hook me up !!!!!

" Kill your enemies".....you can't get anymore primative.

"Love your enemies, bless those who curse you", ...........well.......that is as sophisticated as you can get !!!!!!!!

I agree, of course, arent you saying muslims are cursing you, and should then be blessed? anyway, back to the bible.

Hebrews 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses

10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Here luke (or paul) wanted to point out that those who disobeyed the Old Testament law were killed without mercy, but it will be much worse for those who displease Jesus.

2nd Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

This was used by the church during the inquisition alot. "Kill them all, for `the Lord knows them that are His'."

ACTS 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

3:23"Every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people."

Interestingly enough, and as a side note, 3:22 is also an important verse to know as it doesnt state whether it refers to The Prophet as Jesus, who is normally called the lamb or savior or prince or son or something else, or whether it refers to Mohamed, who is almost universally called only as a prophet.

And of course, i dont have time to list off every example of genocide or call to murder in the old testament (which i beleive is the origin of the original scorched earth policy) but here are a few highlights

Deuteronomy 17:2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant,

17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;

17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel:

17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Kill everyone you know who has beleifs different from your own. not just a recommendation, its written in the book of law.

Exodus 31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

31:15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

And my favorite:

Psalm 137:8 O daughter of Babylon, doomed to be destroyed,

blessed shall he be who repays you

with what you have done to us!

9 Blessed shall he be who takes your babies

and dashes them against the rock!

And the book of mormon, if you lean that way, has more than a few calls about how everyone who isnt a mormon (gentiles) is cursed and marked in one way or another (esp those darkies.)

Of course, if you want to find more just open a text file of your favorite bible version and search the words Kill, Destroy, Cut, put to death, and the like. You can find more.

Now granted, im not saying all this is applicable, or even as bad as some of the stuf written in the Qu'ran, but to the layperson, i think the real difference between the Bible (esp the old testament) and the Qu'ran, is that most of the OT says that god will do the destroying and killing, and the Q says that the people should do gods will, and the killing, themselves. Pretty slim difference in the whole scheme of right and wrong. A book is just a book, its meant to be studied and learned from, it doesnt make people evil, and it doesnt make them good.

Like i said before, im not so concerned about what book anyone is reading. Im worried about what happens when somebody decides I cant read certain things.

America - Land of the Free.