What you need to buy later this year

The Magpul Masada, now Bushmaster ACR is top notch, i already will be one of the first in line to get it as soon as its released later this year, i'd suggest hopping on it, prices will be around 1400 and it's a package deal, you can go from .223 to 7.62X39 in seconds, all gas piston modular setup, awesome design.

I'm on a waiting list to get one, but I am having serious second thoughts now that Bushmaster has taken over the project. I think that money will be used to pay for #394 on the Tromix waiting list instead.

WJ

I'm on a waiting list to get one, but I am having serious second thoughts now that Bushmaster has taken over the project. I think that money will be used to pay for #394 on the Tromix waiting list instead.

WJ

I was reading on another forum, where a dealer was taking names for pre-orders. TONS of people got on the list, then as soon as Magpul and Bushmaster hooked up for this weapon, a crap-ton of people backed out and withdrew their orders :unsure: .

Ok,

So Tony was on #110 on Saturday Feb 9th, 2008

and then

on #165 on April 1st, 2008

That's 55 Shotguns in around 55 days

he is smokin!!! and that's from his website Order status page

http://www.tromix.com/Welcome.htm

and assuming they are all shot guns,...........

and by this rate it is about 1 per day,.............

so number 265 in about 100 days,................

and # 365 in about 200 days from now

and I am #493,............

add in all the dead beats and no shows or rather subtract,...,.and I might be on deck around October!!!!!! at #493!!

all of this is pure speculation however,...

WJ

Edited by Gas Giant

Hello

The bolt-release lever appears the same as the RRA LAR-8 (.308), at the bottom rear of the magwell. That's what the RRA folks worked on re-engineering numerous revisions on, I've been told. I'm not certain if it was due to patent infringements or mechanical/reliability issues, but I do know that along with the functional changes during the 2-1/2 years it took to finally get it to market, it also went through three different name changes, so I'm thinking someone felt patent/copyright infringement issues at some point.....

I'm not a seasoned AR shooter, but a buddy at work who picked up an LAR-8 at a gunshow shortly after I received mine said it did require a bit of getting used to. Since it was my first AR platform, it didn't bother me at all.

I'm thinking interchangeable .223 to .308 would be very adaptable....

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

Well, bushmaster isn't a horrible company, i've owned one of their heavy barreled AR's and never had a malfunction with it, and Bushy actually took the Masada design and made it better, even to Magpul's suprize....so why anyone would back out i dunno...1400 is a little steep but cheaper than a Robinson's and the barrel system is neato, so if i ever get mine in, i'll do a full workup on it ;D and if it sux, someone is gonna pay at bushmaster :angry:

Well, bushmaster isn't a horrible company, i've owned one of their heavy barreled AR's and never had a malfunction with it, and Bushy actually took the Masada design and made it better, even to Magpul's suprize....so why anyone would back out i dunno...1400 is a little steep but cheaper than a Robinson's and the barrel system is neato, so if i ever get mine in, i'll do a full workup on it ;D and if it sux, someone is gonna pay at bushmaster :angry:

I have read on the M4Carbine forum that there is a lot of concern that Bushmaster's standards are not quite as high as Magpuls. I think much of it is concern that Magpul either could not muster the resources to build the rifle by itself (highly likely, if not a fact), or that it "sold out" its design or, more realistically, it may be that Bushmaster was a good choice due to production capability (which follows along the lines of the first option) because they hope to sell this rifle to the Government, much like LWRC hopes to.

I think a lot of the complaints are really focused more toward the frustration at how long people have been waiting for this rifle. Now, on the other hand, if Magpul had aligned itself with Noveske or LMT, I doubt that these so called "worries" about quality would be floating on the internet. Of course, if such an alliance had been forged, the price would surly have gone up significantly.

I don't think I'm going to get one, at least until the initial production run bugs are worked out. I think I'd rather have an FNAR, when they come out. BUT, they are supposed to be $2,200.00, and that is a bit above my comfort zone (it is way above Mrs. WJ's comfort zone, unless the money is for furniture, then $2,200 would be, in her mind, either too cheap, or a nice bargain!)

WJ

I've been drooling over this for a long time. However, at this point I've decided to wait until they are out on the market for awhile and have been rung out. I've been on the bleeding edge before, but for $1400-1500 I'll wait until I know it works!

I'm not interested in the 5.56 version, I want 6.5G, 6.8spc, or .308

I've been drooling over this for a long time. However, at this point I've decided to wait until they are out on the market for awhile and have been rung out. I've been on the bleeding edge before, but for $1400-1500 I'll wait until I know it works!

I'm not interested in the 5.56 version, I want 6.5G, 6.8spc, or .308

I'm right there with you. If I get one, I want a larger caliber version. The .308 would likely be my preference as my E-TAC is going to be a .308 and if I keep the Tikka, it is a .308. I'm not too keen on trying to stock multiple supplies of various calibers of ammunition. (I'm too easily confused now that I'm over 50)

You guys got it all wrong....here is the rifle that you need to get!!!!! You see the little guy next to that monster, yea that little guy is a Barrett M82A1 (50 BMG).You need to get the BIG ONE!!!

You guys got it all wrong....here is the rifle that you need to get!!!!! You see the little guy next to that monster, yea that little guy is a Barrett M82A1 (50 BMG).You need to get the BIG ONE!!!

:blink: The brake on the "big" one looks bigger than my head.

For a moment I thought that "little guy" was just a shadow!!! :eek:

I wish I had the $$$$$$ to get a 75MMcannon on my C&R they ARE on the list!

The entire cannon weighted 763 pounds and had a muzzle velocity of 2,362 feet/second. Its maximum effective range was 5,100 yards. You'd have to mount that puppy GOB; it would never work for concealed carry! :)

Edited by 1911

Yeah,.. my sentiments ,...

What I would like is a .223 that is sick sweet with an adapter to shoot 22lr if I want. and change it back again,...

That and another s12

Thanks,

i will be signing autographs by the back door,....

some cool features but.... damn its ugly. :ph34r: