Rifle Case, what is everyone using?

I was looking at a Pelican 1700 for awhile and was even hunting on ebay. I saw a Storm im3100 in a shop this weekend and changed my mind(storm case is almost same the same dimensions). That thing is huge. Much bigger in person that I thought.

With my stock folded and when I finally get the FSC47 brake the rifle will be a little over 28"

So Im now looking at the Blackhawk 65dc29bk case/bag. Only issue I have is are the rated dimensions for the interior or exterior of the bag? I see the bag comes with some internal padding.

Any recommendations?

I got a cheap soft case from Midway, made by Midway. I wasn't looking to spend a lot, being that I don't plan on using it in any harsh conditions/manner. It was $15, 42" long, holds two 30 round AR mags per pouch and there's 4 pouches (haven't tried to see if two 30 round AK mags with fit in each pouch yet), and I can fit my AR with fixed stock, and converted Saiga in it, if I flip one upside down and face them in opposite directions.

I'll probably end up getting a "nicer" case in the future, but this one suits my needs for now.

I'll put up some pics later.

i was buying the hard plastic double rifle cases at wally world.. they are decent... all foam inside, and can hold two to three rifles depending on how big they are or if they are scoped or not... three AK's without mags attached should fit with some finagling...

Two scoped rifles will fit, as I have used them that way before... and as I said, I had three rifles in one once, but I forget what three they were and I dont think any were scoped...

I think they were about 15 bucks when I got them... I have 4 of them currently...

one holds my SKS, one my PSL, one my AR-15, and one holds two scoped 17 HMR's one marlin, and one savage.

:smoke:

My carrying case is an East German sling and my hands.

Wish I could do that :( NRA range requires the gun to be in a "case." I put it in a gun sock right now and thats a pain in the ass to put on and take off.

i ordered an ak soft case from tantal

Aha! That AK-74M ASSAULT CASE is perfect thanks!!!

Edited by jamesavery22
i ordered an ak soft case from tantal

Aha! That AK-74M ASSAULT CASE is perfect thanks!!!

glad to help!

I couldn't remember the name of it. I think it was like $30 after shipping and everything, something like that.. $39.45 actually.

Thank you very much. Thats awesome. Emailing Tantal now.

This is just perfect:

x32in_blk01.JPG

linked from Tantal

Edited by jamesavery22

+1 on the assault cases from Tantal! Nice stuff!

Here's the one I keep my AKS-12 in...

Last I saw he had the black ones like this on sale for around $40, a hell of a deal on a real Russian case. BTW this one is the SVD case.

post-1293-1208876354_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1208876367_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1208876212_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1208876227_thumb.jpg

i use a plano 42in hard case i found at gander mountain (back in March).. hard plastic shell w/ foam inside.... picked it up for 15 bucks. it's plane and cheaply made, but it serves it's purpose. it fits the gun, 1 30 rd mag and two ten rounders.

+1 on the assault cases from Tantal! Nice stuff!

Here's the one I keep my AKS-12 in...

Last I saw he had the black ones like this on sale for around $40, a hell of a deal on a real Russian case. BTW this one is the SVD case.

post-1293-1208876212_thumb.jpg

That'd be the one that hangs on my shoe rack over my shoes, no? :rolleyes: