AK47 4 x new thermold 30rd mag/used German pouch

IOINC.US

Tel 866-882-1479

Fax 704-225-8362

Has :- AK 47, 4 x new Thermold 30 round magazine's in used German pouch $39.95

Item AK470300.

I found them today on their website after having sent in a money order for 4 individual AK47 thermold mags priced at $12.95 each.

Item AK470223.

I called, spoke to Amanda, she changed my order no problem.

Will wait patiently for the post.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate responding to a post that is being edited. You hit 'Enter' and find your response is totally invalidated.

Here's a bunny.

bunnync8.jpg

Edited by nalioth
lol, where have you been?? are you the unibomber's cousin?? ;)

:devil:

Maybe i can call them tomorrow and read them the serial numbers off of two twentys and they'll send me my order. Kinda like a check by phone deal. :devil::lolol:

Don't be knocking my cash only lifestyle... or else you may start worrying when the UPS man brings you a delivery. ;):o:sadam:

IOINC.US

Tel 866-882-1479

Fax 704-225-8362

Has :- AK 47, 4 x new Thermold 30 round magazine's in used German pouch $39.95

Item AK470300.

I found them today on their website after having sent in a money order for 4 individual AK47 thermold mags priced at $12.95 each.

Item AK470223.

I called, spoke to Amanda, she changed my order no problem.

Will wait patiently for the post.

Will these mags fit the Saiga hunting rifle AKs?

I'm there too :D ...It looks like those are the most awesome master mold magazines which are US made and can be used without a bullet guide. I think I'm going to have to place an order!

So these are indeed the master molder mags that simply require a little fileing to work just fine? I have already bought about 6 of these at $13.00 a piece and this seems like a really good deal if they are the same mags? Please confirm that they are and I will stimulate the economy ASAP LOL!!

I'm there too :D ...It looks like those are the most awesome master mold magazines which are US made and can be used without a bullet guide. I think I'm going to have to place an order!

So these are indeed the master molder mags that simply require a little fileing to work just fine? I have already bought about 6 of these at $13.00 a piece and this seems like a really good deal if they are the same mags? Please confirm that they are and I will stimulate the economy ASAP LOL!!

I'll confirm that they are, when I get them in my hand.

Amanda " assured " me that they are the same !

I went to the website & the photograph is of the 30 round mags showing " master molder " logo stamped on them.

I came home late this evening & received my order of the 4 thermold 30 round mags with a used german pouch.

Unfortunately, they ARE NOT the " master molder " Thermold mags that where advertised !!

I'll be on the phone ASAP in the a.m. to rectify the matter.

Will keep you all posted, don't envisage any problems.

Edited by manok
I came home late this evening & received my order of the 4 thermold 30 round mags with a used german pouch.

Unfortunately, they ARE NOT the " master molder " Thermold mags that where advertised !!

I'll be on the phone ASAP in the a.m. to rectify the matter.

Will keep you all posted, don't envisage any problems.

Please do.

I managed to get some ordered. If they are a type of mag that I'll need to install a bullet guide for. I'm not to sure i want them. Shoot I've already got 10 or so regular AK mags. Why in the hell would I want more of the same thing when I don't wanna have to file my mag catch or install a bullet guide?

From what I've heard (yeah I know..) these mags do have a built in bullet guide but I can't remember seeing one on the ones I saw at the gun show last week. They do look well made though, and having been made right here in NC they must be great... :super:

FWIW I have some of the new ProMags in 30 rd, and I have been shooting my brand new Saiga x39 using these mags. I have modified the mag to work in the unaltered Saiga and also to limit capacity to ten rounds to keep them legal. They actually run great with NO FEED RAMP or bullet guide in the weapon, and they are not built up in the front like Surefires or some other "modified for Saiga" AK mags. They feed perfectly all the way down to the last round, which does jam into the bottom of the breech face. I'm going to try adding a small "bump" to the front of the follower to see if that cures the problem with the last round. If that does work I will have some US made, 922r compliant AK mags available for the Saiga which will not require bullet guides. :) I will offer them in clear and smoke colored also. Would anyone be interested in these? I may try the same thing with some of these Thermold mags if there is any interest in pre modified ones. The rear locking lugs will be shaved down to allow use in the Saiga without filing your mag catch down, therefor you will still be able to use your factory mags with no problem.

One thing to note:

I have noticed on this new Saiga x39, that the breech already has a "ramped" area ground into it at the bottom, just like we were doing to our own Saigas a few years ago to achieve smoother feeding with AK mags. This is why these unaltered mags are feeding better. I'm not sure when they made this change, or if all the new Saigas have these barrels. I would like to know that. I'll start a thread about it. My new x39 is the one with dimples and the Y stamp so maybe it's got a different barrel?

Anyway here's a link to a thread discussing the thermold mags and the issues involved with using them in Saigas...

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=341093

It shows how whenever you google something about Saigas, even if it's found on another forum, it won't be long before someone in the thread links to saiga-12.com :super:

Thanks Nalioth

Ok I did some more looking around and found these pics of Thermold's. From the first pic it appears they do have the built in bullet guide and I saw some posts claiming they are working fine with no bullet guide in the rifles.

Manok is this what your mags look like?

post-1293-1210687437_thumb.png

Hootbro probably won't mind me using his pic here...

post-1293-1210687499_thumb.jpg

I'm gonna get meself some of these :super:

http://ioinc.us/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PR..._Code=Magazines

post-1293-1210688019_thumb.jpg

Ok I did some more looking around and found these pics of Thermold's. From the first pic it appears they do have the built in bullet guide and I saw some posts claiming they are working fine with no bullet guide in the rifles.

Manok is this what your mags look like?

post-1293-1210687437_thumb.png

No, the mags I received are all metal, have no stamp or wording on them & have 3 vertical ribs on them, show use also.

Note, I just got off the phone with Amanda at IOINC.US.

Amanda has, 4 x Thermold made in the U.S. mags on her desk for me.

IOINC.US is sending me a FedEx ticket to return the mags only, upon receiving the returned product ( at no cost to myself ) Amanda will send my Master molder Thermold's.

p.s. When my daughter is available, i'll see if she can take a photo of the above mentioned mags & get them posted here.

Edited by Cobra 76 two

No, the mags I received are all metal, have no stamp or wording on them & have 3 vertical ribs on them, show use also.

Note, I just got off the phone with Amanda at IOINC.US.

Amanda has, 4 x Thermold made in the U.S. mags on her desk for me.

IOINC.US is sending me a FedEx ticket to return the mags only, upon receiving the returned product ( at no cost to myself ) Amanda will send my Master molder Thermold's.

p.s. When my daughter is available, i'll see if she can take a photo of the above mentioned mags & get them posted here.

Do they have a built up lip at the front of the body? If so they could be some of the early Surefire mags instead. Sounds like they shipped you the wrong thing. You might just have regular used AK mags unless they will lock into an unmodified Saiga.

Hey guys, I ordered two (2) sets of this "special" from IOINC

Recieved box today with invoice dated 5/6 and billed fror two (2) sets

Opened a box large enough for 4 sets and there was only one (1) set of 4 with a pouch (that is very well used - or left laying under warehouse shelves?)

Called Amanda who said they are sold out and have more on order - 2-3 weeks to them hopefully. I left my set on BO with her at about 4pm today. :unsure:

Pretty sure all 4 are Master Molder - didn't study further & just tossed in the corner as I went to call IOINC

If manok and mine are the only screwups, then maybe we just caught an unlucky break. If more people have problems with them then I'll be suspicious. I hope they didn't just send numerous customers 1 set short, etc and hope they could use the "sorry about the mixup" line??? Not that I'm into conspiracy theories...... :rolleyes:

HarvKY

what about the Promag's supposadly made for saiga's? i haven't been able to see a pic of them so see if there is a built in guide, even from the manufactor's site there isn't a pic..

I bought three 30 round mags from the fellow who sold my Saiga. They were almost impossible to insert at the range, having never tried before while the Factory mag worked fine. I later used a caliper to compare widths, lengths and thicknesses and used a file to bring them into compliance. I'll report back here when I have tried them out.

Hey guys, I ordered two (2) sets of this "special" from IOINC

Recieved box today with invoice dated 5/6 and billed fror two (2) sets

Opened a box large enough for 4 sets and there was only one (1) set of 4 with a pouch (that is very well used - or left laying under warehouse shelves?)

Called Amanda who said they are sold out and have more on order - 2-3 weeks to them hopefully. I left my set on BO with her at about 4pm today. :unsure:

Pretty sure all 4 are Master Molder - didn't study further & just tossed in the corner as I went to call IOINC

If manok and mine are the only screwups, then maybe we just caught an unlucky break. If more people have problems with them then I'll be suspicious. I hope they didn't just send numerous customers 1 set short, etc and hope they could use the "sorry about the mixup" line??? Not that I'm into conspiracy theories...... :rolleyes:

HarvKY

Yours is not the only screw up. I ordered three just to check them out. Got one in a box big enough for ten. The packing slip had 3 ordered and 3 shipped on it. I too called Amanda, and she said they would be in the mail within five business days. Also, you can check out Cheaper than Dirt, and Atlantic Firearms, they have the same ones, same price.

what about the Promag's supposadly made for saiga's? i haven't been able to see a pic of them so see if there is a built in guide, even from the manufactor's site there isn't a pic..

I have one of these "supposedly made for Saiga" Promags. It came from RAAC and has the word Saiga on the ziplock bag it's packaged in. I took it to a gunshow and compared it with other ProMags that I ended up buying from Scott at DPH. The only difference at all is, the RAAC "Saiga" mags are modified by thinning down the rear lug from the bottom. The front is the same as all the other x39 ProMags....no bullet guide like the Surefires, and the Saiga .308 mags (factory 8's, FBMG, and Surefires).

I found it very interesting though, that the ProMags will feed great in my new Saiga x39 that has no feed ramp installed. I made myself a limited capacity, ten round ProMag to use in the new Saiga so I haven't tried it with more than ten loaded, but it feeds every one of those, down to the last round that dives into the breech face. I'm going to try a follower mod to see if I can fix that and make these feed all the rounds without a bullet guide or feed ramp.